Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    self-proclaimed Mamba

Default Why is everyone saying the series is over?

Greetings, friends of ISH!

I have been enjoying these Finals between the Heat of Miami and the Spurs of San Antonio. Although there are no real stars on either team, the basketball is still most exciting.

One thing confuses me though: people are already declaring the series as over despite it being a 2-1 tally. I would hate for these fans to stop watching the contest on account of this, because my many years as a basketball aficionado have taught me that it is possible to overcome this deficit. And example, if I may.

In 2002, my Los Angeles Lakers were in a similar predicament, down 2-1 to the Kings of Sacramento. They had just lost game #3 at the Staples Center by a large margin. Worse yet, they were down 20 points in the first quarter of game #4! They had to claw their way back. In the end, it came down to a now famous play by Kobe Bryant:

And just like that, the Lakers were back in it! As we know, the Lakers overcame some rough officiating to take that series in 7, and ultimately won the NBA title that year. This, despite being down 2-1.. and a Kobe miracle away from 3-1!

So I am just telling you guys, don't be so premature in your prognosis. In this league, anything can happen!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

National High School Star

Default Re: Why is everyone saying the series is over?

refs gave the lakers that series..

only way HEAT win is if the refs give it to them. period.

ish, the home of over-reaction.

Banned

Because we live in the moment. Sugar K is the best player in the world right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341355

Look around before posting, goofball. 'Fore I smack a bish.

lmao that gif

miami will win this series. the spurs' role players are going to disappear and duncan and ginobili will tire out. dwyane will re appear with an aggressive lebron. role players will step up. miami in 6. it will be crazy though. there will be a lot of memorable moments on the court and in these forums. people will be calling lebron the goat and some known bran haters will be having some of the most insane and quite disturbing meltdowns. this shit is gonna be hilarious

Respectfully yours,

Ahmud Pakeestun

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24

I have been enjoying these Finals between the Heat of Miami and the Spurs of San Antonio. Although there are no real stars on either team, the basketball is still most exciting.

One thing confuses me though: people are already declaring the series as over despite it being a 2-1 tally. I would hate for these fans to stop watching the contest on account of this, because my many years as a basketball aficionado have taught me that it is possible to overcome this deficit. And example, if I may.

In 2002, my Los Angeles Lakers were in a similar predicament, down 2-1 to the Kings of Sacramento. They had just lost game #3 at the Staples Center by a large margin. Worse yet, they were down 20 points in the first quarter of game #4! They had to claw their way back. In the end, it came down to a now famous play by Kobe Bryant:

And just like that, the Lakers were back in it! As we know, the Lakers overcame some rough officiating to take that series in 7, and ultimately won the NBA title that year. This, despite being down 2-1.. and a Kobe miracle away from 3-1!

So I am just telling you guys, don't be so premature in your prognosis. In this league, anything can happen!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    I support ur comedy tour.

-Smak

But yes, the heat can easily tie it up tomorrow and then it's anyone's series. The heat aren't just gonna lay down...

OP is the GOAT gimmick.

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Looked like a travel lol

The Holy Trinity

The Heat could still win. But, the Spurs are +32 in the series. They choked almost as badly in Game 2 as they did in Game 6 last year. Parker and Duncan missed 4 FTs in a row that would have prevented them from stretching a 5 pt. lead at the time.

When the all of the Spurs' weapons are firing on all cylinders, they're simply a better team.

self-proclaimed Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    The Heat could still win. But, the Spurs are +32 in the series. They choked almost as badly in Game 2 as they did in Game 6 last year. Parker and Duncan missed 4 FTs in a row that would have prevented them from stretching a 5 pt. lead at the time.

When the all of the Spurs' weapons are firing on all cylinders, they're simply a better team.
    I agree that the Spurs play better "team" basketball but, as we all know, basketball isn't a team sport. Those 2002 Lakers were pretty much Kobe + a scrubby supporting cast, and they overcame the great ball movement and coaching of the Kings. It was truly 8 on 5 basketball, with #8 dominating the Kings 5.

This year is somewhat similar-- the Heat don't have anyone anywhere near Kobe's level, but they probably have more "superstar" talent than the free-flowing Spurs. And they are in the same position as the Lakers were back then. The question is, can the "King" step up his game and make the big time play like Kobe did in game #4? In my most humble opinion, that will decide the series.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

It was truly 8 on 5 basketball, with #8 dominating the Kings 5.
    Tied with Theoo for favorite troll/gimmick here