Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Is Tim Duncan the most overrated player of this decade?

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Is Duncan a great player....YES, as good as Kobe....only if you're smoking crack.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Duncan is not only the most overrated player of this decade, he's the most overrated player in history. Dude was a good big man but no better than prime KG, C Webb, or Rasheed Wallace. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time then got charles barkley on his nutts hyping him up to no end. The reffs also loved the dude and gave him serious preferential treatment throughout his career.

I could back up my case with statistics but I don't have time.
    Trolling hard. 2003 was Duncan winning a ring by himself. Duncan and the Spurs getting help from the zebras is laughable.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    Just browsing some of those top player lists in th other threads. many people claim that Duncan is the number 1 player of the 2000s and it's not even a discusssion. I just don't get that. Duncan has never dominated statistically on the level of a Shaq, Kobe or Lebron. Head to head he has more often than not came up small against Kobe. people claim that he's the consummate winner and laud him for his consistency. But somehow forget that everytime he wins he's had a STACKED team.

in 1999 and 2003, he's played with top 12 BIG MAN in history DAVID RObinson. and Robinson was still dominant in 1999. 2003 team had the greatest collection of role players in a championship team in a long time. Prime Stephen Jax, Bruce Bowen, tony parker, Manu, etc.

Since 2003, he's played with top 5 PG in the league Tony Parker and GREATEST euro player of all time Manu Ginobli. Yet he never catches any flack for having great help.
    So rookie Manu, 2nd year Parker (who repeatedly got benched for Speedy Claxton) and streaky SJax were the greatest collection of role players?
    I always find it funny how no matter what basketball board I go to, Duncan detractors engage in revisionist history and act like 2003 Tony Parker was the same Tony Parker he eventually became.

And many times they turn out to be people who have an agenda to pull Duncan down in order to elevate Kobe in order to win Player of the Decade honors.

Tim Duncan is 3rd best player of this decade top 3 goes like this

Kobe Bryant
    Shquille O'Neal
    Tim Duncan
    Yep. Nothing new here.

The Spurs Front Office is the GOAT for assembling such great teams for Tim Duncan tho.
    The Rockets put Hakeem, Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen together and they won nothing.

The Portland Trail Blazers of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    I always find it funny how no matter what basketball board I go to, Duncan detractors engage in revisionist history and act like 2003 Tony Parker was the same Tony Parker he eventually became.
    What people don't realize is 2003 was supposed to be a rebuilding year. That team wasn't expected to go anywhere but then Duncan just exploded and led them to a 58 wins season and got his finals mvp.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    What people don't realize is 2003 was supposed to be a rebuilding year. That team wasn't expected to go anywhere but then Duncan just exploded and led them to a 58 wins season and got his finals mvp.
    I think they won 60 that year. A rookie Manu, a second year TP that was benched for Speedy in key moments, Stephen Jackson who was a decent player then, an old broken down Robinson. I want to see anyone win a ring with that. Nobody would, not even Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    I think they won 60 that year. A rookie Manu, a second year TP that was benched for Speedy in key moments, Stephen Jackson who was a decent player then, an old broken down Robinson. I want to see anyone win a ring with that. Nobody would, not even Shaq.
    O yea it was 60.
    Probably only Hakeem and Duncan

1993-1994 Houston Rockets(58-24):

Pg: Kenny Smith/Sam Cassell/Scott Brooks
    Sg: Vernon Maxwell/Mario Elie/Larry Robinson
    Sf: Robert Horry/Chris Jent/Matt Bullard
    Pf: Otis Thorpe/Carl Herrera/Earn Crueton
    C: Hakeem Olajuwon/Richard Petruska/Eric Riley

2002-2003 San Antonio Spurs(60-22):

Pg: [b]Tony Parker/Steve Kerr/Speedy Claxton
    Sg: Stephen Jackson/Manu Ginobili
    Sf: Bruce Bowen/Steve Smith/Danny Ferry