Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Default Re: End of the Thibs era. Who else is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I would not be surprised to see your management interviewing JVG soon.

What? LMAO! JVG has been a huge supporter of Thibs and he has pissed off Gar and Paxson a few times with his comments during games. JVG is probably one of the few people in Basketball that detests the Bulls organization and I actually like him. Sometimes I feel like I like him for that, not in spite of it.

Well... for those who wanted Thibs sent packing, you can't cry anymore. The dude wasn't perfect; his stubbornness will likely go down as legendary in sports cliche chit chat. No one that ****!ng brilliant on the defensive side could be equal on the offensive side. That is like expecting Einstein to write like Shakespeare.

Anyway...I refuse to believe that some new pu$$y coach is going to come in with this "make Basketball fun again" approach and win big with this same roster. A new coach might prove to be the right decision, but this roster can't remain stagnant.

We each have our favorites and our least favorite players on this team. Some of us fans need to have a sad summer and see a few of our favorites move on. We need a couple of departures, and couple of new faces for next season if this team is going to get into the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    What? LMAO! JVG has been a huge supporter of Thibs and he has pissed off Gar and Paxson a few times with his comments during games. JVG is probably one of the few people in Basketball that detests the Bulls organization and I actually like him. Sometimes I feel like I like him for that, not in spite of it.

Well... for those who wanted Thibs sent packing, you can't cry anymore. The dude wasn't perfect; his stubbornness will likely go down as legendary in sports cliche chit chat. No one that ****!ng brilliant on the defensive side could be equal on the offensive side. That is like expecting Einstein to write like Shakespeare.

Anyway...I refuse to believe that some new pu$$y coach is going to come in with this "make Basketball fun again" approach and win big with this same roster. A new coach might prove to be the right decision, but this roster can't remain stagnant.

We each have our favorites and our least favorite players on this team. Some of us fans need to have a sad summer and see a few of our favorites move on. We need a couple of departures, and couple of new faces for next season if this team is going to get into the finals.
    Just bec not a few like me, are ok parting with Thibs, doesn't mean that we didn't appreciate how good the guy is. I for one, would always be grateful on how he managed to lead this team to the playoffs, in spite of major injuries etc. Having said that, he made decisions that were pretty hard for me to understand. Over playing his main guys even when the outcome was settled, a concept that great coaches like Pops wouldn't adapt. Benching players who can really help esp in offense when the team was really struggling in that aspect (i.e. Dunleavy vs the Wizards last years playoffs) etc.
    Anyway, I'm concerned about the rumor that MGT has decided to hire an inexperienced coach in Hoiberg. There is a long list of great college coaches who failed in the pros.
    Leonard Hamilton, Tarkanian, Montgomery, Floyd, Lon Kruger, heck even Calipari all failed and Im pretty sure that there are more...
    I was hoping they can focus on proven ones like Doug Collins, I love JVG but I know he hates the Bulls MGT bec of his affiliation with Thibs.
    If they indeed hire Hoiberg, I think it will be stupid not to provide him with veteran and proven assistants.

Banned

Look look look.

Thibs should come back to where he belongs as the associate head coach of the Celtics.

If this subforum wasn't dead I could see a lot of back and forth about how this is gonna go down/how it looks next year. Instead it'll probably just be Conan spamming because he's bored and had a random thought.

I like Hoiberg's offensive sets in college. He ran (for college anyway) a really high scoring, very efficient offense. McBuckets/Dunleavy/Butler should really shine if he implements that. Especially when Taj and Mirotic are the screen guys.

When Pau's out there...it won't work as well but yeah. I'm sad to see Thibs go, but I'm excited for the future.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    If this subforum wasn't dead I could see a lot of back and forth about how this is gonna go down/how it looks next year. Instead it'll probably just be Conan spamming because he's bored and had a random thought.

I like Hoiberg's offensive sets in college. He ran (for college anyway) a really high scoring, very efficient offense. McBuckets/Dunleavy/Butler should really shine if he implements that. Especially when Taj and Mirotic are the screen guys.

When Pau's out there...it won't work as well but yeah. I'm sad to see Thibs go, but I'm excited for the future.

LOL. About five threads a day for Conan, right?

P.S. Is this Hoiberg guy really healthy enough to handle the stress of NBA coaching? I have read up on his condition and I am familiar with it since I have a brother that suffers from the same thing. I don't know if I would recommend that type of stress.
    Last edited by KelticForce1349; 06-01-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Seriously so I make threads because no one posts on this forum at all and I try to make interesting topics and get people to actually post and I get blamed for spamming.

LOL. About five threads a day for Conan, right?

P.S. Is this Hoiberg guy really healthy enough to handle the stress of NBA coaching? I have read up on his condition and I am familiar with it since I have a brother that suffers from the same thing. I don't know if I would recommend that type of stress.
    That seems to be being kind of ignored. I'd assume since it's the same franchise that didn't want to pay Eddy Curry if he wouldn't take a physical that they wouldn't hire him if he couldn't handle it.