Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: VIDEO: Rose going 1 on 1 with teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    umad LOL

Mad and stupid. Rose at 100% = Rose 10 seconds before Game 1 of the playoff last year. Thus why Rose has repeatedly said, 110%. He wants to not only recover, but condition his knees to a point of full confidence. Pretty damn simple logic.
    His knee is 110% recovered. He wants his GAME back at 110%, which is impossible without actual game play.

P.S. That wasn't Rose at 100%. That was more like 90%. He just came back against the Dallas Mavericks before that game, and the 76ers game was his 2nd game back from whatever injury he had at the time.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Bulls are a solid playoffs team without their best player. How can he give up on hi s team like this

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    His knee is 110% recovered.
    Source?

Banned

Source?
    Why do you think he's been medically cleared, and playing 5 on 5's, and doing EVERYTHING there is to do with practice?

I can easily Google an article right now, but I want you to ponder on your stupidity.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Why do you think he's been medically cleared, and playing 5 on 5's, and doing EVERYTHING there is to do with practice?

I can easily Google an article right now, but I want you to ponder on your stupidity.
    Show me 110%. Just once from a real source. Canyadoit?

Banned

Show me 110%. Just once from a real source. Canyadoit?
    "Derrick Rose' knee is 110% ready." ~ Ugandan Tribunal

High School Varsity 6th Man ortonsaw's Avatar

yep hes done

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

He was looking good out there. He had his hesitations and hop steps. Why isn't he playing again?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.
    I love this argument. People seem to forget that he wasn't AP until week 7. He said himself that he didn't feel fully explosive until then.

The problem is Rose doesn't want to go through the necessary phase in order to get back to pre injury levels.

I don't know if it's his pride or what, but he doesn't want to look like Shumpert, and Rubio when they first came back. He doesn't realize that, that's necessary.

Nice to see some lift on that jumper.

Decent college freshman

when he got injured last year, they said it will take between 8 to 12 months..

he is doing the right thing, not rushing things.

his skills look really regressed from that video

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    If you're criticizing Rose, and have never had a serious knee injury yourself, then you have no room to criticize...I have a history of serious knee injuries to both knees..torn ACL's, dislocated kneecaps and I used to LOVE to play ball....But for the past 5 years or so, I don't play at all because that mental hurdle is VERY hard to overcome...Its not the running...Its when you spin, or back pedal, or have to move laterally to guard someone, or when you jump in traffic, you're ALWAYS thinking about your knee...Even if technically you're 200% recovered physically from the injury, hell your knee could even be stronger and it still just never FEELS right...Never feels as natural to play how you want to, like it did before the injuries...Thats why I give guys who come back from torn ACL's, ALL the credit in the world...Now they do have money to motivate them...I was getting back on the court with no incentive.....

Edit: Rose has probably the most herky-jerky game in the NBA where he's always hopping around, doing jump-stops and hop steps and relying on his explosion...A lot of other players, David West for example, are not that type of player and he STILL struggled last year coming off his injury...Everybody talks about how Shumpert and Rose got hurt on the same day...Yeah Shumpert is playing but how effective has he been? Not very effective from what I've seen and you can still tell he's timid when he's on the court....So is he helping or hurting the team?
    You are missing the point entirely. No one is saying it is easy to come back after a knee injury, it is extremely hard to do mentally and physically. But guess what, countless players have done it because they have to. If Rose was still physically unprepared you'd have a case. The only way to fully get through a mental block like that is to play through it. And you are right, your example isn't the same, this is his job and he's paid very well to do it. Not to mention when Rose plays, attendance will go up, sales will go up, etc.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I would like to see him go 1 on 1 with LeBron again.