Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Jeremy Lin talks about how race led colleges, NBA to snub him on 60 Minutes

Full interview airs tomorrow that being said I think he's stating the obvious.

[quote]Houston Rockets guard Jeremy Lin says his ethnicity led colleges, NBA to snub him
    Lin was a high school star but did not land a major college scholarship, and he was not drafted by an NBA club

Jeremy Lin during his college days. In an interview for

Default Re: Jeremy Lin talks about how race led colleges, NBA to snub him on 60 Minutes

dude acts like there have never been asian players in the league before

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin talks about how race led colleges, NBA to snub him on 60 Minutes

At this point he's just milking being Asian. Also I'm not gonna feel bad for the millionaire Harvard graduate

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Does he mention that the reason he got a big contract was because of his ethnicity?

Very good NBA starter

People still care about Jeremy Lin? And I'm not going to assume anything about race, but how were his numbers in high school? And Harvard isn't exactly a basketball power house.

i can confirm this. when i was hoopin i was always picked last or had next. to bad i was always oen of the best players on the court.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i can confirm this. when i was hoopin i was always picked last or had next. to bad i was always oen of the best players on the court.
    might have had something to do with ur attitude

will watch, dvr, download, burn and save for future use.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Do these stories about race not get boring? I mean seriously everyday someone talks about being looked over or something due to race its just gets to the point where you just don't beleive it anymore.

You don't see Hamed Haddadi talking about him getting looked over cause hes from Iran....I mean seriously people need to stop with this shit its old, boring and no one cares.

The only reason this average at best player is even on 60mins is cause of race........
    Last edited by andremiller07; 04-06-2013 at 02:17 PM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

gtfo, jeremy, no one gives.

You got $25 million for being Asian, Jeremy.

Now just STFU and try to be a decent player. Nobody wants to hear about your "troubles".

It was a nice story last year, but now he's milking this. I don't care about Lin anymore. I'm happy for him, but that's it. I don't care if he's a martian from Mars. Who cares if you are Asian?

Like somebody said, I have a hard time feeling sorry for a millionaire Harvard graduate who plays something he loves for a living.

There are some really good Asian players that play pick up ball. I never think because someone is Asian they suck. Lin got minutes because he showed he could play. Not because he is Asian. NBA coaches play you when you show in practice that you belong. When you prove it in an actual game you got more minutes.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It was a nice story last year, but now he's milking this. I don't care about Lin anymore. I'm happy for him, but that's it. I don't care if he's a martian from Mars. Who cares if you are Asian?

Like somebody said, I have a hard time feeling sorry for a millionaire Harvard graduate who plays something he loves for a living.
    How is he milking it. 60 Minutes approached him.

Heat fans + insidehoops = moron nirvana.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    dude acts like there have never been asian players in the league before
    Every other Asian already had experience in professional basketball (e.g. CBA). Lin had to come straight from ground zero. So yes, he's acting like there never have been Asian players in the league before who came directly from college, let alone, an American one.