Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gasol v.s. Kobe 2010 Playoffs Game by Game

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    You must be a huge Tristan Thompson fan with your emphasis of OREB
    yay, this is fun, lets bring up a random role player that does nothing but offensive rebounds, can't create for shit... Lakers fans

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

G5:
    Gasol: 12/12(7 offensive)/0 on 42%
    Kobe: 38/5/4 on 48% (5 PF's)

Kobe > Gasol

G6:
    Gasol: 17/13(5 offensive)/9 on 44% + 3 Blocks
    Kobe: 26/11/3 on 47% + 4 Steals

Gasol > Kobe

G7:
    Gasol: 19/18(9 offensive)/4 on 38%
    Kobe: 23/15/2 on 25%

Gasol > Kobe
    So Kobe averages 29/10/3 on 40% the last 3 games of the finals compared to Pau who averaged 16/14/3 on 40% yet Gasol was better for 2/3 of those games according to you..

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I'm sure Kobe had games in that run of 4 TO's as well... at the time I just noted the ones with 5+ TO games, as you can see in the OP...
    your entire argument for giving Gasol that game was that Kobe had 7 turnovers and 5 fouls..

well Gasol had 4 turnovers and 4 fouls that same game..

biased af

How many times will this be copy pasted?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    your entire argument for giving Gasol that game was that Kobe had 7 turnovers and 5 fouls..

well Gasol had 4 turnovers and 4 fouls that same game..

biased af
    Well, go ahead and change it.. let me see if accounting for all those 4 TO Kobe games shifts some others in Gasols favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    How many times will this be copy pasted?

I saw the original one but disagreed with quite a few games, so changed some.. I think more so in the benefit of Kobe, actually. This one does you best just fair treatment

Laker fans, appreciate this beast combo you had

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Yup. Pau was a beast in 2010.

I have to say that much is overblown about shooting percentages... Kobe was basically second 3-peat MJ as far as efficiency goes. Only difference is, nobody is gonna claim Pau>MJ because of his pretty rebounding stats lol.
    It's one hell of a reach.

If he was averaging in the upper 30's in pts like 2000 Shaq PLUS this rebounding, I'd definitely concede he was better, but he wasn't.

Kobe was def better in game 6. He started that game beautifully and his numbers didn't give him justice because it was a 20 point blowout by halftime. I remember DMAVS (gino at the time) and I were talking about how people will underrate that game in the future. Didn't take long

College superstar

Just curious, did you even watch any of these games?

Gasol probably had a better series vs OKC in the first round because Kobe's knee issues. But after he got his knee drained he was clearly the better player and back to his elite level.

Also, it's an out right crime that the analysis of who was the best player in the first round between Kobe and Gasol doesn't include the most important element. You know, the factor if you watched the games and not looked purely at the numbers was indicative of why the Lakers even won that series. In the first few games when OKC was making it very competitive, and had people thinking they might upset the defending champs ... Westbrook was ABUSING Derrick Fisher's old ass off the dribble. Getting into the lane, creating havoc. He was by far and away OKC's best player in the series, Durant having significant problems with Artest's physical defense on the outer perimeter by bodying the meek Kevin Durant and not giving him space to even get the ball. So, Westbrook is abusing the Lakers.

Then, Kobe switches onto Westbrook (once again OKC's best player) and proceeds to lock him up for the rest of the series, frustrating him at every possible turn taking away his confidence and dominance over the game. L.A. proceeds to win. So while Kobe was exerting energy guarding the other team's best and most active weapon not named Durant ... Gasol was having his way offensively and on the boards against a weaker OKC front line.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-27-2015 at 07:16 PM.

I seriously watched that LAL/OKC G6 a few weeks ago again, and Kobe did not shut down Westbrook, at all

Thats one of the bigger myths created by Kobetards... Russ got plenty of open looks, wasn't even guarded by Kobe 100% of the time.. I remember the commentators remarking on it aswell.

"Gasol PROBABLY had a better first round" lol... not just that, better 2nd round aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Did you even watch any of these games?

Gaso probably had a better series vs OKC in the first round because Kobe's knee issues. But after he got his knee drained he was clearly the better player and back to his elite level.

Also, it's an out right crime that the analysis of who was the best player in the first round of the 2010 playoffs between Kobe and Gasol doesn't include the most important element. You know, the factor if you watched the games and not looked purely at the numbers was indicative of why the Lakers even won that series. In the first few games when OKC was making it very competitive, and had people thinking they might upset the defending champs ... Westbrook was ABUSING Derrick Fisher's old ass off the dribble. Getting into the lane, creating havoc. He was by far and away OKC's best player in the series, Durant having significant problems with Artest's physical defense on the outer perimeter by bodying the meek Kevin Durant and not giving him space to even get the ball. So, Westbrook is abusing the Lakers.

Then, Kobe switches onto Westbrook (once again OKC's best player) and proceeds to lock him up for the rest of the series, frustrating him at every possible turn taking away his confidence and dominance over the game. L.A. proceeds to win. So while Kobe was exerting energy guarding the other team's best and most active weapon not named Durant ... Gasol was having his way offensively and on the boards against a weaker OKC front line.

Anyone who actually watched Basketball consistently during that time would remember this , I vividly remember Kobe snapping after Westbrook burns Fish on a crucial play once again and Kobe literally shouts to Phil that he'll guard him, on camera. It was a wrap.
    Last edited by HOoopCityJones; 06-27-2015 at 07:21 PM.

I seriously watched that LAL/OKC G6 a few weeks ago again, and Kobe did not shut down Westbrook, at all

Thats one of the bigger myths created by Kobetards... Russ got plenty of open looks, wasn't even guarded by Kobe 100% of the time.. I remember the commentators remarking on it aswell.

"Gasol PROBABLY had a better first round" lol... not just that, better 2nd round aswell.
    Exposed.

You started watching Basketball in 2013 and your knowledge is based off frequent trips to Basketball reference. The key word is reference , you're not supposed to depend on it as the entirety of your knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Exposed.

You started watching Basketball in 2013 and your knowledge is based off frequent trips to Basketball reference. The key word is reference , you're not supposed to depend on it as the entirety of your knowledge of the game.
    not a lot of time to go from 0 games watched to smartest bball mind on this planet

Also weird that you spent so much time on these treads, threads created by the 'dumbest poster in the forum', no, buddy?

not a lot of time to go from 0 games watched to smartest bball mind on this planet

Also weird that you spent so much time on these treads, threads created by the 'dumbest poster in the forum', no, buddy?
    You have to help educate kids and retards. Everyone knows that.

I'm just doing my civil services.

A smart bball fan wouldn't claim Gasol had an argument for best player on the Lakers in 2010...as you said in that other thread.

This thread reads like a "shaqpopcorn" special, but with the narrator actually believing his fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    You have to help educate kids and retards. Everyone knows that.

I'm just doing my civil services.
    You can't even write 'regard' but YOU wanna help kids?

Damn, not a good look for the next generation