Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thad Young traded to Indiana for 20th pick

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
    Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.
    And: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19349

Bird grabbing a solid player for a pretty much worthless pick, while also doing his Celtics a favor.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-23-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Default Re: Thad Young traded to Indiana for 20th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
    Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.
    I know Thad Young isnt very useful and wont be on our long-term contract, but just a 20th pick seriously? I see this more of a salary dump for the Nets, as Young's contract was seriously overpaid by the imbecile known as Billy King. In this case, its not too shabby, throwing away a $12m/yr garbage contract for a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    lol nets suck
    Knicks most overrated piece of shit.

The Nets and Knicks are both terrible but I'd much rather be in our spot and I'm not kidding. #PopTreeFam

I usually hit open layups

can nets suck even more?

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    The Nets and Knicks are both terrible but I'd much rather be in our spot and I'm not kidding. #PopTreeFam
    At the very least, we nets fans are realistic and rational supporters who just want our team to get better and better everyday, and gradually build a contender team in a few years timespan. Knicks fans, meanwhile, think they are getting everyone, all the superstars. Cant even list how many threads knicks trolls have made about luring Durant or even Lebron.

butt hurt net fans cant live witout mentioning the knicks every where they go...infest our derek rose threads with their hate

suck it
    You act like you aint butthurt about the nets, posting in a nets threads yourself like an idiot.

all i said was they suck..

you live and breed where ever the knicks are mentioned

4 easy wins though...thnx
    Yeah, you live and breed when there is a nets thread too, or why are you still in this thread? Speaking of butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    At the very least, we nets fans are realistic and rational supporters who just want our team to get better and better everyday, and gradually build a contender team in a few years timespan. Knicks fans, meanwhile, think they are getting everyone, all the superstars. Cant even list how many threads knicks trolls have made about luring Durant or even Lebron.
    It's embarrassing to watch. I love the fact that the Knicks are not going to win a thing in the near future and won't even scrounge out an ECF appearance. It's awesome. They haven't proven it on their own yet, but I trust our new regime to build things the right way before I trust this desperate Zen Master. What a disaster this would truly be if they weren't able to get Kristaps.

PLEASE let them resign Rose and have Rose, Melo, and one of DeRozan or Dwight on one team for the next 3-4 years. I'm BEGGING you, NY.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    It's embarrassing to watch. I love the fact that the Knicks are not going to win a thing in the near future and won't even scrounge out an ECF appearance. It's awesome. They haven't proven it on their own yet, but I trust our new regime to build things the right way before I trust this desperate Zen Master. What a disaster this would truly be if they weren't able to get Kristaps.

PLEASE let them resign Rose and have Rose, Melo, and one of DeRozan or Dwight on one team for the next 3-4 years. I'm BEGGING you, NY.
    Yeah, they will sign Derozan for $35/yr and then resign Rose for $25m/yr. So well-deserved contracts, the reason why those players want to play for the Knicks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Great pick up for Pacers. Good rotation player at a pretty good number for the next 2 to 3 years.

I like the Nets moving him, but I'd want more than just the 20th pick when Teague on an expiring just netted a 12.

Genius Bird , as usual .

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Great pick up for Pacers. Good rotation player at a pretty good number for the next 2 to 3 years.

I like the Nets moving him, but I'd want more than just the 20th pick when Teague on an expiring just netted a 12.
    I think the Nets basically just wanted to dump Thad Young's contract. Young is okay as a player, but the contract clearly was overpaid by Billy King the Imbecile. Wish we could've gotten a better pick than 20, but I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Genius Bird , as usual .
    Guess we know the who won the argument of 'what position is PG going to play'.

Nice pick up on their part. Still don't think it makes them a contender, but they are likely a top 3 team in the east.

A 20th pick? Really? Hm.