Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Remember when Lebron was considered a great Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Definitely not great. Was only a great leader in 2012. He had the win streak in 2013, but regular season doesn't really mean much. In the playoffs he wasn't that great, having no business going 7 with the pacers and playing pretty soft for much of the finals.

With that said, no active players other then Duncan I'd say is a great leader anyway.
    Popovich is the leader of the spurs. Put a 21 yrs.old Lebron and 21 yrs.old Anthony Davis with the Spurs in 1997 to the current era. They still would win multiple NBA titles. Duncan played under coach Brown in the 2k4 Olympics, and they failed to win the Gold Medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    I remember hearing that back when he was in high school but not after they choked the championship game
    Bron's team lost the HS championship?

Damn, he's been used to losing forever. He's lucky he colluded with Wade and Bosh.

Back to Business

i think lebron is an above average leader but he has never been in this situation..having to be a leader of younger guys. when lebron was with the cavs pre-heat he was always one of the younger dudes on the team so he basically lead by his play on the court and he had veterans like shaquille and antawn jamison etc lead off the court...on the cavs 2009-2010 roster there were 10 guys older than lebron on that team...fast forward to this years cavs and lebron is the 7th oldest on the team and 3 of them who are older than him are nba journeymen at best.( amundson,haywood,james jones)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Popovich is the leader of the spurs. Put a 21 yrs.old Lebron and 21 yrs.old Anthony Davis with the Spurs in 1997 to the current era. They still would win multiple NBA titles. Duncan played under coach Brown in the 2k4 Olympics, and they failed to win the Gold Medal.
    Yes, because there can only be one leader on a team.

I guess Robinson wasn't a leader in 99, it was just Avery, correct? I'd like an answer on that one if at all possible.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 12-29-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Definitely not great. Was only a great leader in 2012. He had the win streak in 2013, but regular season doesn't really mean much. In the playoffs he wasn't that great, having no business going 7 with the pacers and playing pretty soft for much of the finals.

With that said, no active players other then Duncan I'd say is a great leader anyway.
    jesus....wtf is wrong with this forum? whenever someone wins a ring, he is a great leader otherwise he is shit. Just say that instead of going around in circles saying stupid BS again and again.
    From reasons i have read here, LeBron is not a great leader and same goes for jordan and kobe. So the only good leader in nba has been duncan and may be bird and dirk. that is it. So please decide on your signs of a good leader and then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Yes, because there can only be one leader on a team.

I guess Robinson wasn't a leader in 99, it was just Avery, correct? I'd like an answer on that one if at all possible.
    i don't care about the other poster but that bronze was on duncan and other veterans plus coaching.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 12-29-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    i don't care about the other poster but that bronze was on duncan and other veterans plus coaching.
    Eh, I know Duncan underperformed, but just watch the game against Argentina to see how horrible the officiating against him was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3xGflsz2o

Edited: 8:05 for Duncan's first (he goes out of his way to avoid hitting Manu)
    21:30
    44:50

Two fouls where Tim did literally nothing. Then there was another one later (I'll find it on the video) where Tim got called for a moving screen, even though I'm pretty sure they were allowed in Fiba. And then Iverson should have picked up a foul for handchecking but it went against Duncan for some reason (again, I'll find it).

Tim was too passive but also the players didn't know how to feed him the ball (he played good in the Argentina game but he he was getting the ball roughly once every eight possession; plus Iverson and Marbury did what they do best. That team was poorly constructed, Brown fell in love with RJEFF even though he sucked, and players like Kobe, Shaq and Garnett were either too scared of terrorists to go play or were too tired after getting out of the first round for the first time in his career. Duncan was being constantly triple teamed so at that point its up to the other plays, and most of them failed.

Sorry for the rant. I know you didn't exclusively blame Duncan, and this thread isn't really the right place for this.

--

On topic: LeBron is a pretty good leader overall, I'd say.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 12-29-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Feeble attempt to discredit Manu Ginobili and his Argentina squad. 2 50/50 calls that go Argentina's way = awful officiating.. USA got outplayed and outperformed thoroughly thanks to Tim Duncan's lack of leadership and soft play. **** outta here with your nonsense.

This.
    So, go ahead and break down those plays...and point out the fouls.

If 4 of the players' 6 fouls are highly questionable (not 50/50 calls), there is a clear problem, especially when things like that Marbury and-1 (you'll know exactly what play I'm talking about since you watched the games) goes uncalled.

If you can do that, then there is some merit to what you say.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 12-29-2014 at 05:13 AM.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Duncan is a shitty leader without Pop. Just as much as Kobe is shitty without Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Duncan is a shitty leader without Pop. Just as much as Kobe is shitty without Phil.

InB4MJisashittyleaderwithoutPippenandPhil.