Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow OGT: Dec 28 Raptors (23-7) @ Nuggets (13-17)

Game Preview: http://www.nba.com/games/20141228/TO...fo.html?ls=slt

Even without their most reliable offensive weapon, the Toronto Raptors continue to score at their best pace in franchise history.

That pace is likely to continue Sunday night against the Denver Nuggets, who rank among the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

DeMar DeRozan, who led Toronto (23-7) in scoring each of the past three seasons, has been sidelined since late November with a groin injury, yet his absence has done little to slow the best team in the Eastern Conference. The Raptors have reached the 110-point mark in each of their past four games, including Saturday's 110-98 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers in the second stop on a season-long six-game road trip.

Kyle Lowry has emerged as an elite guard with DeRozan out. He's averaged 22.0 points and 9.0 assists in the 14 games DeRozan has missed after tallying 18.6 and 6.4 in the first 16 contests. Lowry had a game-high 25 points and seven assists Saturday.

"We're a full team," Lowry said. "I mean, we need DeMar back, we want him back and we can't wait for him to get back. But for now, we can't make excuses because DeMar's not playing. It's all about the next man up. We're a very deep team."

Toronto has also produced quality defensive play during its 7-1 run, holding opponents under 100 points five times in that span. The Raptors are 13-0 this season when accomplishing that feat.

Toronto snapped a nine-game skid in Denver (13-17) with a 100-90 victory on Jan. 31, and also took the first meeting this season, 112-107 in overtime on Dec. 8.

Lou Williams scored 26 points in that game and has become a key component for one of the best second-units in the NBA. Williams, along with Greivis Vasquez and Patrick Patterson, headline a bench that scores 39.6 points per game -- among the highest marks in the league.

"We've got a great bench and we feed off of each other," Vasquez said. "It may not show in the stats, but a lot of different guys do a lot of different things. The second (unit) doesn't get as much credit as the starters, but we don't care."

Denver won its third straight at home, 106-102 over Minnesota on Friday, as Kenneth Faried collected a season-high 26 points and a career-best 25 rebounds.

Facing the defensively-challenged Timberwolves obviously helped as the Nuggets scored 106 points after averaging 84.7 over the previous three games.

The other end of the court remains an issue for Denver, which has allowed an average of 106.0 points in its last eight games, excluding a 76-73 win over Indiana on Dec. 20.

"Everything starts with defense," coach Brian Shaw said. "We have to do a better job defensively and have more consistency on that end of the court. We're slipping in terms of we're fouling too much."

Arron Afflalo chipped in 13 points Friday but shot 4 of 16. He's connected on only 29.7 percent (19 of 64) from the field over his last five games and is 2 for 21 from 3-point range during that span. He scored 25 on 9-of-14 shooting in the loss to Toronto earlier this month.

The Nuggets were without Faried in that contest due to a lower back strain, yet still managed to outrebound the Raptors 49-44.

Default Re: OGT: Dec 28 Raptors (23-7) @ Nuggets (13-17)

Come on nuggets you can win this

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Come on nuggets you can win this
    You're still salty about the Raptors being good. Its pure entertainment. Hey guess what? Your Knicks aka "The most underrated team in the East" is one Philadelphia win from being the worst team in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    You're still salty about the Raptors being good. Its pure entertainment. Hey guess what? Your Knicks aka "The most underrated team in the East" is one Philadelphia win from being the worst team in the league
    I can't give hope to the nuggets? I just want the young team to win

NBA lottery pick

I don't mind Real14, he's like a good luck charm for the Raps.

Raptors have got this. But, a back to back with the altitude... They might miss a lot of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I can't give hope to the nuggets? I just want the young team to win
    Lol FOH with that crap... You know you always want the Raptors to lose regardless of the other team's identity. And didn't you make a bet that the Knicks will win more than the Nuggets? All of a sudden you're cheering for them. That bet is still on btw. Its looking more and more likely that you're going to lose that bet

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Remember its still early in the season man, its still early

Lol FOH with that crap... You know you always want the Raptors to lose regardless of the other team's identity. And didn't you make a bet that the Knicks will win more than the Nuggets? All of a sudden you're cheering for them. That bet is still on btw. Its looking more and more likely that you're going to lose that bet
    Hey man I just think the nuggets have a good team plus they at home at mile high where they can go crazy. I have to rep ex knicks nate, wilson, and mozgov sometimes too.

It's funny how good the Raptors are. I haven't seen them much (and they didn't play that well actually beating the Knicks) but I remember them vs. the Nets, playing shitty, and turning it on for 5 minutes and just destroying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's funny how good the Raptors are. I haven't seen them much (and they didn't play that well actually beating the Knicks) but I remember them vs. the Nets, playing shitty, and turning it on for 5 minutes and just destroying the game.
    Because they play down to weaker opponents before figuring them out and closing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Because they play down to weaker opponents before figuring them out and closing the game.
    I respect your highly ass kissing and the way you pump up your lucky "ass" team by over exaggerating your points raptor fan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    real talk. he is like our own crackhead version of konex

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    real talk. he is like our own crackhead version of konex
    Keep the butthurt flowing bro and still being 3rd round virgins this spring

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    We have that switch team tendency where we'll often trade buckets until midway or early into the second half where we usually turn it on + pull away by hefty margins.