Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ISH Hall of Fame Project: Class of 2000 Voting

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Inside Hoops Hall of Fame Project[/FONT]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is for the voting on the class of 2000.

You may make your own list or Copy and Paste the Ballot Below and bold the names of the players you want to vote into our Hall of Fame.

You can vote for up to ten players, but don't need to vote for any.

Base your selections and arguments on a players pro career (not just NBA, but all pro leagues) as well as AAU (pre-1970), International and Olympic play. Do not consider a players impact off the court as that will be addressed when we vote in pioneers and contributors.

Feel free to include any arguments you want to make on behalf of any of the players or against any of the players.

Also this is the time to nominate any players I have not listed that were retired before 2000. If you do nominate a player please include a 2-4 sentence profile as I have done for other nominees. (I'll edit or add if need be)

Anyone who is not yet involved in the project may participate in this round as well, please check in within this thread or via PM to me and I'll add you too our roster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players eligible for the first time

Aguirre, Mark - 3x all-star; member of two Championship teams, averaged 25-6-4-1 in seven prime seasons.

Chambers, Tom - 4x all-star, 2x all-NBA; averaged 21-7-2-1 in eleven prime seasons.

Cumming, Terry - 2x all-star, 2x all-NBA; averaged 22-9-2-1 over eight prime seasons.

Daugherty, Brad - 5x all-star, 1x all-NBA; averaged 19-10-4-1 over six prime seasons.

Drexler, Clyde - 10x all-star, 5x all-NBA, played in three NBA Finals; 22-6-6-2 in twelve prime seasons; 2nd in 1992 MVP

Dumars, Joe - 1989 Finals MVP; 6x all-star, 2x all-NBA, 5x all-defense (4x first team); 18-2-5-1 in ten prime seasons.

Johnson, Magic - A good basketball player.

Malone, Moses - 3x MVP; 1983 Finals MVP; does the rest matter?

Marčiulionis,

Default Re: ISH Hall of Fame Project: Class of 2000 Voting

Sorry for the long delay. I have unfortunately suffered a pretty bad injury to my right hand and typing is difficult with one hand. Should be better within a few weeks, but wanted to finish this before the season starts.

This is a great class to sneak in some of the guys who have been close in previous rounds as it is not nearly as deep.

I think we should discuss which players are the largest omissions and push for them personally. Voting on our own without discussing it has led to too much variety in the voting to get anyone elected.

Thanks for your patience and lets get back to work.

Aguirre, Mark - Pretty good player, could score with the best of the small forwards in the 80s. But not the level of Dantley, Enlgish, Nique, King and not the all around players of Worthy, Marques, Bird and Doc J.

Chambers, Tom - Very underrated in a land of Forwards in the 80s.

Cumming, Terry - See above.

Daugherty, Brad - It sucks when you play in the same era as prime Hakeem, Ewing and Robinson. Also, the tail end of Parish, Moses, Sikma, Laimbeer and Kareem's primes and the beginning of Shaq, Zo and Mount Mutombo. He'd be the best center playing today.

Drexler, Clyde - Should have been an All-Star in 87 and 95. Made three Finals in the decade of Jordan. More than his contemporaries Hakeem (unless we count 86?), Barkley & Johnson, Stockton & Malone, Payton & Kemp, Miller, Ewing, Robinson, Mullin, Wilkins, Shaq & Penny.

Dumars, Joe - Great defender and great second option on a championship team.

Johnson, Magic - Earvin Johnson was better.

Malone, Moses - Did everything great besides giving interviews.

Marčiulionis,

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Magic Johnson
    Joe Dumars
    Clyde Drexler
    Moses Malone
    Robert Parish
    Dominique Wilkins

Basketball Genius

why did I think this involved posters

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Sorry for the long delay. I have unfortunately suffered a pretty bad injury to my right hand and typing is difficult with one hand. Should be better within a few weeks, but wanted to finish this before the season starts.

This is a great class to sneak in some of the guys who have been close in previous rounds as it is not nearly as deep.

I think we should discuss which players are the largest omissions and push for them personally. Voting on our own without discussing it has led to too much variety in the voting to get anyone elected.

Thanks for your patience and lets get back to work.
    Largest Ommissions are probably
    Dantley-One of the ten best scorers ever
    McGinniss-I think he's the only MVP not to get in
    Johnston-lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and shooting % at different points, and multiple all NBA first teams.

Banned

Magic Johnson
    Joe Dumars
    Clyde Drexler
    Moses Malone
    Robert Parish
    Dominique Wilkins
    Neil Johnston
    George McGinniss
    Adrian Dantley

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Largest Ommissions are probably
    Dantley-One of the ten best scorers ever
    McGinniss-I think he's the only MVP not to get in
    Johnston-lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and shooting % at different points, and multiple all NBA first teams.
    Spencer Haywood is not in. He didn't even get enough votes to make the second ballot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Spencer Haywood is not in. He didn't even get enough votes to make the second ballot.
    I forgot Haywoood was even an MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I forgot Haywoood was even an MVP.
    And he probably had a slightly better career than McGinnis. Two All-NBA 1st teams, two All-NBA second teams. A top 5 NBA MVP voting finish, another top 10 and two top 20 voting finishes.

College superstar

Don't have time now, but I'll come back to this in a bit.

Players eligible for the first time

Aguirre, Mark - 3x all-star; member of two Championship teams, averaged 25-6-4-1 in seven prime seasons.

Chambers, Tom - 4x all-star, 2x all-NBA; averaged 21-7-2-1 in eleven prime seasons.

Cumming, Terry - 2x all-star, 2x all-NBA; averaged 22-9-2-1 over eight prime seasons.

Daugherty, Brad - 5x all-star, 1x all-NBA; averaged 19-10-4-1 over six prime seasons.

Drexler, Clyde - 10x all-star, 5x all-NBA, played in three NBA Finals; 22-6-6-2 in twelve prime seasons; 2nd in 1992 MVP

Dumars, Joe - 1989 Finals MVP; 6x all-star, 2x all-NBA, 5x all-defense (4x first team); 18-2-5-1 in ten prime seasons.

Malone, Moses
    - 3x MVP; 1983 Finals MVP; does the rest matter?

Marčiulionis,

College superstar

Malone, Moses - 3x MVP; 1983 Finals MVP; does the rest matter?

Wilkins, Dominique - 9x all-star, 7x all-NBA; averaged 28-7-3-1 over eleven prime seasons; 2nd in 1986 MVP

Players still eligible after receiving multiple votes in the previous classes

Adrian Dantley -- Phenomenal scorer
    Lenny Wilkens
    Sergei Belov -- My pet, I guess. Bill Russell of the not-NBA
    Sidney Moncrief
    Bernard King
    David Thompson
    Gus Johnson
    Bobby Jones
    Drazen Petrovic
    Bill Laimbeer
    Neil Johnston -- Statistically dominant player.
    Dave Bing
    -- Just a great player.
    Bob Lanier
    George McGinnis
    Maurice Cheeks
    Dan Issel

Edited to take out Parish and add McGinnis
    Last edited by kshutts1; 09-22-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Aguirre, Mark - Multiple all-star, champion, great prime

Chambers, Tom - not worth it, a better Keith Van Horn

Cumming, Terry - not worth it

Daugherty, Brad - not worth it

Drexler, Clyde - a top 5 SG of all time should make the HOF regardless of how succesful his PO career was

Dumars, Joe - 6x all-star, finals MVP must make the HOF
    Johnson, Magic - yeah

Malone, Moses - easily

[B]Marčiulionis,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    And he probably had a slightly better career than McGinnis. Two All-NBA 1st teams, two All-NBA second teams. A top 5 NBA MVP voting finish, another top 10 and two top 20 voting finishes.
    Yeah, I dont think I could possibly disagree with that more. Haywood had like 5 all star seasons, McGinnis had around 7, and wasn't a worse player in any sort of noteworthy way. McGinnis clearly had a more noteworthy career.