Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Whats the longest you've been layed up for?

Think I tore my pec muscle benching yesterday so I'll probably be down all summer. Things have been going pretty well for me on the court but now that I'll be down for a while I worry that I'll be starting all over again
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Whats the longest you've been layed up for?

One time I dislocated my left thumb...every time it was barely healthy enough to play, I would somehow reinjure it.

I had the most tender and sensitive thumb for like 6 months. It sucked, but I dealt with it because I wanted to ball so much. It's not my most serious injury or anything.
Pushxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe three months? I ruptured a tendon in my hand while playing back in 2007ish and the subsequent surgery kept me out for a while.

More recently, I took around eight weeks off back toward the beginning of winter after I developed tendinitis in my elbow at the same time I apparently pulled an adductor muscle near my groin (unless it was a sports hernia instead or something). Both of those happened at nearly the same time so with summer ball coming to a close, I decided to step back for a few. Bad Choice. I think I'm still paying for that now.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
01amberfirewv

Still don't know how long I'm out but I'm worried about losing what I've gained over the last few years
Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Still don't know how long I'm out but I'm worried about losing what I've gained over the last few years
Yeah, that's always the worst part. Will you be able to run at all? That'd at least help cushion the blow a little.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Like a year due to chronic knee tendinitis... That was after like a year of playing with it only being able to play like 75%. After a year I just gave in and accepted it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, that's always the worst part. Will you be able to run at all? That'd at least help cushion the blow a little.

We have a pretty good eliptical that I can use. I was starting to do some HIIT with basketball specific exercise that seemed to be working pretty well. I just wonder how long it will take to get my shot and handle back to where they were after missing a while
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

6 weeks when I ****ed up my ankle, and that was torture to me.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Once I made a lay up at the buzzer from almost a 3 point line.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

i fractured my leg. and i played on it next week because i thought it was just a sprain, of course i was hopping around on 1 leg. i was young and stupid, i eventually went to the hospital 2-3 weeks later. this totally f'ed up my summer about 9-10 years back. of course fractures heal quick and on their own, so i was playing about 3 months later.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
6 weeks when I ****ed up my ankle, and that was torture to me.
Bummer. I just sprained my ankle as well. It became very swollen but it seems to be improving rapidly day by day. Could you walk on yours after the first day?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #12
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayStraight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Out 1.5 years with plantar faciattis. That's what happens when you ball on concrete 4 days a week running 15 miles a week for 4 years straight. Sucked but damn it was a hell of a 4 year run.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: