Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Steve Nash Is FED UP With Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I don't disagree, but we all know Dwight is a clown, and a passive-aggressive kunt who doesn't take things seriously, regardless of Kobe's alienating approach.

We all know Gasol has played like a woman for the better part of two years because his confidence was broke for some reason.

Bynum was a selfish, immature kid in his own right. Pretty stupid to boot.

And even Shaq, never a model teammate. He wasn't a glory hound, but hated anyone taking away from any of attention. And like Dwight was a clown who was a giant petulant child who didn't take the game seriously, but coasted due to his overwhelming physical talents.
    If you listen to shaq speak now on TNT, you can tell that he regrets the kobe/shaq situation.

He won't ever use these exact words, but if you listen to him, he'd usually side with kobe.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    This is what happens when you play with a glory hog, it just wears down your spirit.
    I don't disagree, but we all know Dwight is a clown, and a passive-aggressive kunt who doesn't take things seriously, regardless of Kobe's alienating, glory seeking, personal agenda leadership approach.

Dwight is stubborn, and refuses to accept a role that more appropriately fits his abilities within a team with more talented individuals. He should be SUPER Tyson Chandler, but he's giving no effort. Part of it yes is probably due to Kobe, a lot of it however is internal. If he wanted to win at all costs, he'd show enthusiasm and find a way to make it work. Not argue with Steve Nash about how to pass. Something Nash clearly knows more about than Dwight.

We all know Gasol has played like a woman for the better part of two years because his confidence was broke for some reason.

And even Shaq, never a model teammate. He wasn't a glory hound, but hated anyone taking away from any of his attention. He too had problems everywhere he went. And like Dwight was a clown who was a giant petulant child who didn't take the game seriously, but coasted due to his overwhelming physical talents.

Kobe Isawl I talk about

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He never moves without the ball. If you're bored, watch a Laker game but don't look at the ball. Look at Dwight and look at Earl Clark. Notice the huge difference in activity and moving without the ball.
    Well Dwight barely moving on offense means that they are about even, cause Nash never moves on defense.

This is what happens when you play with a glory hog, it just wears down your spirit. Shaq, Bynum, Dwight and Pau's had his issues (though he's too passive to really let it be known how frustrated I'm sure he's gotten).

Dwight may be a clown and all that, but it's exacerbated having to play with Bryant. Just like it's been for Bryant's other teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I don't disagree, but we all know Dwight is a clown, and a passive-aggressive kunt who doesn't take things seriously, regardless of Kobe's alienating, glory seeking, personal agenda leadership approach.

Dwight is stubborn, and refuses to accept a role that more appropriately fits his abilities within a team with more talented individuals. He should be SUPER Tyson Chandler, but he's giving no effort. Part of it yes is probably due to Kobe, a lot of it however is internal. If he wanted to win at all costs, he'd show enthusiasm and find a way to make it work. Not argue with Steve Nash about how to pass. Something Nash clearly knows more about than Dwight.

And even Shaq, never a model teammate. He wasn't a glory hound, but hated anyone taking away from any of his attention. He too had problems everywhere he went. And like Dwight was a clown who was a giant petulant child who didn't take the game seriously, but coasted due to his overwhelming physical talents.
    Look, no one is blameless. Shaq could be a baby, Dwight's a clown, I can't STAND Bynum (prob even moreso than Kobe) and Pau I actually like.

However, when the same thing keeps happening (plus don't forget how hard Phil shyt on him) then unless you're just a hero worshipping sack rider, you have to look at the SOURCE of where a lot of the tension comes from. Look at LeBron and Wade. Neither have had any kind of significant issues with teammates. For all the talk about how demanding Jordan was, you see him and Pip still share a bond to this day and even Horace who had major issues with him sings his praises.

The lynchpin here is always Bryant. Again, no one is saying these dudes are perfect, because they're not. But anyone who's ever played streetball with the "pretty boy who can do no wrong" type knows what it's like. Just because the NBA is the highest level doesn't mean that all of that suddenly goes out the window. And Kobe is the most scoring obsessed star the league has ever known so it's just got to be excrutiating at times. I mean, that's just simple basketball psychology. It's not that tough to grasp, or understand.

Even if Bynum's a malcontent, Shaq's a baby, Howard's a clown and Pau's a puss, Bryant STILL sucks to play with when he goes into his "Chuckbe" routine. And hell, a lot of those negatives in them may be in direcct correlation to Chuckbe mode.
    Last edited by Knoe Itawl; 02-11-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Look, no one is blameless. Shaq could be a baby, Dwight's a clown, I can't STAND Bynum (prob even moreso than Kobe) and Pau I actually like.

However, when the same thing keeps happening (plus don't forget how hard Phil shyt on him) then unless you're just a hero worshipping sack rider, you have to look at the SOURCE of where a lot of the tension comes from. Look at LeBron and Wade. Neither have had any kind of significant issues with teammates. For all the talk about how demanding Jordan was, you see him and Pip still share a bond to this day and even Horace who had major issues with him sings his praises.

The lynchpin here is always Bryant. Again, no one is saying these dudes are perfect, because they're not. But anyone who's ever played streetball with the "pretty boy who can do no wrong" type knows what it's like. Just because the NBA is the highest level doesn't mean that all of that suddenly goes out the window. And Kobe is the most scoring obsessed star the league has ever known so it's just got to be excrutiating and times. I mean, that's just simple basketball psychology. It's not that tough to grasp, or understand.

Even if Bynum's a malcontent, Shaq's a baby, Howard's a clown and Pau's a puss, Bryant STILL sucks to play with when he goes into his "Chuckbe" routine. And hell, a lot of those negatives in them may be in direcct correlation to Chuckbe mode.

Kobe is a skilled offensive player. That's what he does. Dwight knows at his core that he can best effect the game on the defensive end. He's plain not good with the ball. He'll never be as good of a passer as Pau. He's one of the worst ft shooters in the league. Giving him the ball is just not worth it. His offensive game should be opportunistic. He's not Shaq and needs to come to terms with that.

"Chuckbe mode" has won 5 championships, so he can't be that bad to play with If he was constantly losing, you might have a point, but no active player has won more than Kobe.

Just the facts.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

An article and all this over analysis over a single play..

Every player in the league makes **** ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    "Chuckbe mode" has won 5 championships, so he can't be that bad to play with If he was constantly losing, you might have a point, but no active player has won more than Kobe.

Just the facts.
    Again,youhave his nuts in your mouth so of course you will never see that. I understand that well and that's why I don't even bother with Kobe fanatics and put most on my ignore list.

Whether Kobe has won a lot or not is moot. This isn't about that. It's about teammate after teammate has had an issue with his chucking ways, and it's understandable why to anyone who has played (or understands) ball, and doesn't worship Bryant.

Again,youhave his nuts in your mouth so of course you will never see that. I understand that well and that's why I don't even bother with Kobe fanatics and put most on my ignore list.

Whether Kobe has won a lot or not is moot. This isn't about that. It's about teammate after teammate has had an issue with his chucking ways, and it's understandable why to anyone who has played (or understands) ball, and doesn't worship Bryant.
    kobe has been averaging over 8 assists per game in the last 10 games, and has been taking 30% less fga per game. he has been willing to compromise. how come dwight howard hasn't??

What could the Lakers get for Dwight Howard right now? Would you trade Lopez or Noah or Chandler for him now?

The lynchpin here is always Bryant. Again, no one is saying these dudes are perfect, because they're not. But anyone who's ever played streetball with the "pretty boy who can do no wrong" type knows what it's like. Just because the NBA is the highest level doesn't mean that all of that suddenly goes out the window. And Kobe is the most scoring obsessed star the league has ever known so it's just got to be excrutiating at times. I mean, that's just simple basketball psychology. It's not that tough to grasp, or understand.

Good post. Kobe does things on and off the court that doesn't serve the team its best. Like how when he gets a defensive rebound he dribbles it down the side, posts up and shoots about 80% of the time. Teammates don't look to attack because they know what he's going to do and the defense gets set easily because they know what he's going to do. Very predictable and very bad, if every player on the team would do this they'd do nothing but play 1on1.

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    Kobe is a skilled offensive player. That's what he does. Dwight knows at his core that he can best effect the game on the defensive end. He's plain not good with the ball. He'll never be as good of a passer as Pau. He's one of the worst ft shooters in the league. Giving him the ball is just not worth it. His offensive game should be opportunistic. He's not Shaq and needs to come to terms with that.
    And yet he was able to play pretty good offensively in Orlando. At any rate, Dwight is limited offensively, you won't hear an argument from me on that. However, as I poined out, teammate after teammate has been frustrated with Bryant about his ballhogging, and Bryant fans will just ignore that and yell "5 rings" like the broken record simpletons they are, but the rest of us understand that while he may be a great player, Bryant sucks to play with a lot of the time, again as anyone who's ever played ball knows when dealing with that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    An article and all this over analysis over a single play..

Every player in the league makes **** ups.
    This is not a single play. Nash himself in the Article points out that they have had issues in PnR with Howard throughout the season.

And there have been issues, just with Howard. Clark, Jamison, Hill, Gasol, Bryant have all played fantastic in the PnR with Nash, but Howard just can't seem to, nor does he seem like he wants to.