Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Signs w/ the Lakers for 18m/2years/9m per year

^Lakersnation reported that too. I thought it was a typo. I posted it in the Offseason thread.

WTF, PAU.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Signs w/ the Lakers for 18m/2years/9m per year

Pau did the right thing by rejecting the Lakers offers. They aren't going to be a good team. If the Lakers fans are true fans they'll realize this team needs to rebuild and will be patient about it. Pau's not being greedy. Many of the other places can't offer him as much money. Just hope that the Lakers at least get something in return. Right now it might just be Boozers contract lol. Which would tell me the Lakers are tanking this season and they're trying to have a bunch of cap space for next offseason. I like the Jordan Hill signing.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Pau did the right thing by rejecting the Lakers offers. They aren't going to be a good team. If the Lakers fans are true fans they'll realize this team needs to rebuild and will be patient about it. Pau's not being greedy. Many of the other places can't offer him as much money. Just hope that the Lakers at least get something in return. Right now it might just be Boozers contract lol. Which would tell me the Lakers are tanking this season and they're trying to have a bunch of cap space for next offseason. I like the Jordan Hill signing.
    When I say greedy I mean more than just money, he wants rings too and I never said it was a bad thing but it is very real thing that has led him away from LA...

Fact is Lakers made him two more than respectable offers considering his history the last two seasons with foot and leg problems, I never would have offered him that much for two years or a 3 year contract considering I wondered if he'd make it through last season in one piece so the Lakers certainly didn't disrespect him by any means...

I love Pau, and wish him all the best and you guys now that but his time in LA is done

BTW I'm a stay away from Boozer by any means possible person... Count me as being happy they basically have no way to bring him on board at this point

I rule the local playground

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Has agreed to sign for 18m/2years/9m per year

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    For a couple years.. Pau got greedy and Lakers let him walk..

Lakers offered Gasol 2 years 20 million and he declined so they offered Hill 2 years 9 million per with a team option on the second year...

I like this contract better to be honest for the financial flexibility but will miss Pau and would not have complained had Pau come back
    i like that a lot better knowing the 2nd year is a team option.

pau isnt greedy. he wants to win. lakers are not winning anything next year. i hope he goes to the spurs and wins. would be nice if we pulled a sign and trade to get a pick or two.
    Last edited by Mgamer20o0; 07-12-2014 at 01:38 AM.

NBA All-star

I honestly would not have minded a 21m/3years/7m per year deal

I'm very much sold on Randle, and think that Hill would be a great player playing next to him. And while I understand the 2years deal because of FA coming ups in the next few season.

Again, I'm sold on Randle, and I think that by messing up with contract situations like this, I'm not sure if we can retain Hill for the long haul even past the 2 years/9m per year deal.

But then, there's always FA out there I suppose.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Has agreed to sign for 18m/2years/9m per year

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    i like that a lot better knowing the 2nd year is a team option.
    The Lakers have made it very obvious they want to have a ton of cap space next year too. Nash comes off the books, Lin, potentially Hill. They're talking about trading for Boozer or Bargnani depending on where Pau goes. The rumors are going to be crazy next season.

The other thing they can do is package those expiring deals to a team that thinks will lose it's superstar at the trading deadline too.

NBA All-star

The Lakers have made it very obvious they want to have a ton of cap space next year too. Nash comes off the books, Lin, potentially Hill. They're talking about trading for Boozer or Bargnani depending on where Pau goes. The rumors are going to be crazy next season.

The other thing they can do is package those expiring deals to a team that thinks will lose it's superstar at the trading deadline too.
    that's just a terrible way to build a team.

the fact that we lost out on big name FA this season should be enough already. plus, we don't have Pau Gasol anymore, I'm not sure why ANY FA would want to come to the Lakers. Plus with Kobe's contract, it's not like we can sign 2 max players, and even if he did retire to get the contract off the book, there's still absolutely no reason for big name FAs to come.

there's absolutely no logic behind clearing cap space for next season.

Barg and Boozer are not players other teams would sign and trade for, which again, means that when they come off the books, we can't trade them for any players that's still on their contract really. Unless we pull off a midseason trade.

I guess maybe the Rockets 1st, plus our 1st (don't know if we still have one) might be enough with expiring contracts.

but then again, who's to say ANY FA would resign with the Lakers even after we traded for them? unless they re-sign their contract before next year's draft, which hardly any player does that.
    Last edited by GimmeThat; 07-12-2014 at 08:28 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    that's just a terrible way to build a team.

the fact that we lost out on big name FA this season should be enough already. plus, we don't have Pau Gasol anymore, I'm not sure why ANY FA would want to come to the Lakers. Plus with Kobe's contract, it's not like we can sign 2 max players, and even if he did retire to get the contract off the book, there's still absolutely no reason for big name FAs to come.

there's absolutely no logic behind clearing cap space for next season.

Barg and Boozer are not players other teams would sign and trade for, which again, means that when they come off the books, we can't trade them for any players that's still on their contract really. Unless we pull off a midseason trade.

I guess maybe the Rockets 1st, plus our 1st (don't know if we still have one) might be enough with expiring contracts.

but then again, who's to say ANY FA would resign with the Lakers even after we traded for them? unless they re-sign their contract before next year's draft, which hardly any player does that.
    It's the route that Boston and Miami took. It won a bunch of titles for them. Having a ton of cap space so players can team up together either through trade or free agency isn't such a terrible way to build a team. What killed it for the Lakers is Kobe has the most outrageous contract in the NBA. It makes it far more difficult. The other reason that it can't be such a terrible way is there's only 3 ways to build your team.... Free Agency, Trades, and the Draft. If you don't like free agency and trades, then you only have the draft left. I've said the Lakers need to start stock piling picks but really that's a ways down the road. The Lakers just don't have draft picks right now. Having cap space is their only hope.

It's the route that Boston and Miami took. It won a bunch of titles for them. Having a ton of cap space so players can team up together either through trade or free agency isn't such a terrible way to build a team. What killed it for the Lakers is Kobe has the most outrageous contract in the NBA. It makes it far more difficult. The other reason that it can't be such a terrible way is there's only 3 ways to build your team.... Free Agency, Trades, and the Draft. If you don't like free agency and trades, then you only have the draft left. I've said the Lakers need to start stock piling picks but really that's a ways down the road. The Lakers just don't have draft picks right now. Having cap space is their only hope.
    Well, so far it seems Lakers will have tons of cap-space next summer. Lakers have done pretty good job having open cap-space this summer and next.

We cannot build through trades since we don't really have talented assets (will have expiring deals this upcoming season as assets). I believe they will make an offer with those expiring contracts in February for Kevin Love once Minnesota gets desperate around trade-deadline. Keep an eye out for that.

Will have high-draft pick next season if the tanking goes right this season.. How does next year's draft look when it comes to depth?

My hope of what lineup looks like next summer..
    M.Gasol
    Love
    ..somebody
    Kobe
    ..somebody
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-12-2014 at 07:00 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Not that I think Lebron will go anywhere, but he's probably going to be a FA next summer too.... Cap space will be nice to at least make a run at him again. I don't think Minnesota wants expiring contracts. They want veterans locked into contracts. It's worth a chance though.

Right now there's a few big prospects that would fit the Lakers needs (as there's many) if they would get a top pick. There's the PG Emmanual Mudaiy, C Jahlil Okafur, and then there's guys like Wayne Seldon, Karl Towns, & Cliff Alexander. It looks to be a pretty good draft at the top, but nothing like this one as far as depth.

NBA All-star

3 titles? combined between 2 teams?
    I mean, that's not bad at all, considering how hard it is for a championship to come along.

plus, this all happened pre-new CBA agreement.

having cap space. everyone can do that.

having cap space as well as a roster, that's what gets FA.

having valuable tradeable assets is the same, if not better than having cap space for just about the majority of the time. besides when it is a huge FA year.

NBA lottery pick

The Lakers have expiring contracts. Those are valuable trading assets.

shhhhhhh

The Lakers just don't have draft picks right now. Having cap space is their only hope.
    He gets it...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Not that I think Lebron will go anywhere, but he's probably going to be a FA next summer too.... Cap space will be nice to at least make a run at him again. I don't think Minnesota wants expiring contracts. They want veterans locked into contracts. It's worth a chance though.

Right now there's a few big prospects that would fit the Lakers needs (as there's many) if they would get a top pick. There's the PG Emmanual Mudaiy, C Jahlil Okafur, and then there's guys like Wayne Seldon, Karl Towns, & Cliff Alexander. It looks to be a pretty good draft at the top, but nothing like this one as far as depth.
    LeBron's contract aligns "coincidentally" before if you will with when there is another potential CBA discussion or potential lockout/2017 ish is when the earliest can be discussed I suspect that is why the shorter deal depending on how the next agreements go he might sign a longer term before or wait until after another lockout, salary cap is also rising so either next year or the year after etc etc he's been in the longer longer; higher salary cap instead of the $20 million max he has now will be eligible for something like 23-25 would be a guess or at least I'd assume that is why, given he's just increased the Cavaliers net worth by almost twice simply by signing not the worst investment for a player still in his prime certainly a more unique contract situation.

Be bad enough could get the pick back then I'd assume the front office will unload contracts and have Kobe + 2 draft picks and Young, but it still worries me even with the expirers, I do hope it's short term pain for long term gain I just hope it doesn't take too long.

Da Mavs

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Signs w/ the Lakers for 18m/2years(TOption)/9m per year

Why not at least offer Bledsoe an offer sheet w/ 9 mill a year? That's a young talent that could attract more FA in the future. It's not like anyone else was rushing to sign Jordan Hill for 9 mill a year.

His contract is not bad at all though, since there's the TO on year 2...but it's just an uncreative move. Typical Jim Buss era stuff.