Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Why is Magic rated so high?

Kareem was a Finals champion and its MVP and was a multiple MVP winner before he even heard of Magic Johnson.

Yet, Magic never won anything without Kareem in the middle.

So my question is,

why doesn't Magic get downgraded for playing with the GOAT?

Default Re: Why is Magic rated so high?

Kareem had Oscar Robertson on his squad when he won his only ring without Magic tho'

Why dont you check Kareems stats for Magic's last two titles and get back to me on that.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Kareem was a Finals champion and its MVP and was a multiple MVP winner before he even heard of Magic Johnson.

Yet, Magic never won anything without Kareem in the middle.

So my question is,

why doesn't Magic get downgraded for playing with the GOAT?

Magic played with Michael Jordan? That's news to me.

Anyway, Magic's extraordinarily high peak as a player and his consistency, impact, uniqueness, accolades, are just some of the reasons that he's consistently rated as highly as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Why dont you check Kareems stats for Magic's last two titles and get back to me on that.

Some of these clowns need to start using Kobe avatars so we can differentiate who the real Lakers fans are. Only a true stan would ask/make a thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Some of these clowns need to start using Kobe avatars so we can differentiate who the real Lakers fans are. Only a true stan would ask/make a thread like this.
    The same way Jeff modifies their title or w/e he should be able to modify their avatars.
    Last edited by Dave3; 10-26-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    True words, my man.

It's sad how they would cover their own team (or not) in shit just to glorify one player.

Very good NBA starter

It is pretty funny how nobody ever downgrades Magic for not being the best player on his team for his first three rings and yet Kobe is consistently hated on because he was 1B to Shaq for three straight titles and another Finals performance over 5 seasons. Plus, Magic played with Kareem/McAdoo/Cooper/Worthy/Rambis/Mychal Thompshon/Vlade/Scott/A.C Green etc for his entire career and you never hear him downgraded for that, yet Kobe has played with a entire 2 All-Stars over the course of his prime years (00-10) and people are always downgrading his rings for playing on "stacked" teams.

I guess the amazing Odom and Bynum's amazing 6 pts/4rbs average from 08-10 do make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    It is pretty funny how nobody ever downgrades Magic for not being the best player on his team for his first three rings and yet Kobe is consistently hated on because he was 1B to Shaq for three straight titles and another Finals performance over 5 seasons. Plus, Magic played with Kareem/McAdoo/Cooper/Worthy/Rambis/Mychal Thompshon/Vlade/Scott/A.C Green etc for his entire career and you never hear him downgraded for that, yet Kobe has played with a entire 2 All-Stars over the course of his prime years (00-10) and people are always downgrading his rings for playing on "stacked" teams.

I guess the amazing Odom and Bynum's amazing 6 pts/4rbs average from 08-10 do make a big difference.
    Magic doesn't have an incredibly irritating fanbase who try to advertise him incessantly to the general public and overrate the shit out of him. That's probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Magic doesn't have an incredibly irritating fanbase who try to advertise him incessantly to the general public and overrate the shit out of him. That's probably it.
    And Magic also doesn't have a big group of people that underrate the shit out of him and disregard everything he has done.

Besides, what does that have do with anything Jacks said?

Very good NBA starter

True, he doesn't have a incredibly irritating and retarded hate-group that consistently refuses to give him credit and consistently throws up double-standards and ridiculous hypocritical criticism. Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    wow how did i not put you on ignore sooner

*adds jacks3 to ignore list*

aaahhhhhh. feels better already

Very good NBA starter

oh noes

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    And Magic also doesn't have a big group of people that underrate the shit out of him and disregard everything he has done.

Besides, what does that have do with anything Jacks said?
    Who are we talking about here? That guy on the Heat? No? Oh. But seriously, to answer your question: why do you think that group exists? Because of the Kobe stans...people get tired of hearing about him and get angry and discredit him to try to get his stans to shut up.