Default Should James Dolan give up the Knicks and continue his musical career instead?

win win situation for everyone no?

hes already producing music everyone in New York loves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGE2jXLBAo

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Should James Dolan give up the Knicks and continue his musical career instead?

Ideal situation someone with “don’t ask what it costs” money like Bloomberg throws him 7 billion then sells 51% of the team to the fans in about 500,000 individual portions so it’s owned by the fans like the Packers are. Let the shareholders vote on a board of directors to hire and fire a staff.

The packers have over 350k owners. New York could easily get half a million people to spend 5-7K to be part owners. Hand them down to family just like they do in Green Bay.

Let the Bloomberg type own the arena and fans own the team.

If they still suck it’s on them. I bet they would have Oakley and Spike lee on the board.

Default Re: Should James Dolan give up the Knicks and continue his musical career instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Ideal situation someone with “don’t ask what it costs” money like Bloomberg throws him 7 billion then sells 51% of the team to the fans in about 500,000 individual portions so it’s owned by the fans like the Packers are. Let the shareholders vote on a board of directors to hire and fire a staff.

The packers have over 350k owners. New York could easily get half a million people to spend 5-7K to be part owners. Hand them down to family just like they do in Green Bay.

Let the Bloomberg type own the arena and fans own the team.

If they still suck it’s on them. I bet they would have Oakley and Spike lee on the board.
    Then the Knicks fans would share the dubious honor of owning a team but still having to pay to see a game

It's an amazing business strategy.

It really is. And it totally removes the threat of a team moving not that that’s a problem for the Knicks.

And the person who did it would probably be the most popular person in New York. I bet the nba has some kinda rule against it though. The Packers wouldnt get away with it these days but it was grandfathered in.

It’s really a good setup. Has it’s downsides(limited ability to spend) but it makes the team a true community thing. People take pride in it.

Imagine having a framed piece of physical stock in your favorite team. I’d buy a piece of the bulls for a few thousand if I could.

It really is. And it totally removes the threat of a team moving not that that’s a problem for the Knicks.

And the person who did it would probably be the most popular person in New York. I bet the nba has some kinda rule against it though. The Packers wouldnt get away with it these days but it was grandfathered in.

It’s really a good setup. Has it’s downsides(limited ability to spend) but it makes the team a true community thing. People take pride in it.

Imagine having a framed piece of physical stock in your favorite team. I’d buy a piece of the bulls for a few thousand if I could.

You wouldnt have to.

People in NY and Chicago are far more tolerant and progressive than the rest of us. It’s not just pompous lip service. They practice what they screech.

Team shares would be divided up based on the number of residents in the city, so that each person could own one equally sized share each. Which, at that rate, shouldnt cost anyone more than a hundred bucks or so.

People living in poverty and destitution would have their shares subsidized so they could share in the equality, and have an equal voice in the team, regardless of whether they even pay attention to it or they sleep in a garbage bag under a bridge in an alcoholic coma every night.

Fair is fair.

Bloomberg and co will FIGHT to be a voice for the voiceless.

*This post paid for by Bloomberg For President 2020.

Ya I'm 99.9% certain it couldn't be done in today's era. I do remember reading that the Packers are only like that because they were grandfathered in as well.

Also, god help you in Bloomberg buys the Knicks He'd be Dolan + heavy politics added in.

I just don’t know who else with NY ties has the money to make it worth selling. Dolan wouldn’t sell the knicks for what they are worth. You better damn near double it up. It would take 6-8 billion I bet. It’s his fathers company. And I believe his dad is still alive. Probably a pride thing....not that they have owned it for that long.

Knicks are the most valuable basketball franchise. It's a shame too, that just means Dolan is never gonna sell. Why sell when the value of the team keeps skyrocketing... even though you have been a joke for the better part of 20 years?

HOLLLDDD, hold on TIGHT

To the string of your KITTEEEE

Dolan out here making classics.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Knicks are the most valuable basketball franchise. It's a shame too, that just means Dolan is never gonna sell. Why sell when the value of the team keeps skyrocketing... even though you have been a joke for the better part of 20 years?

Because you can’t spend net worth. A large enough cash offer tempts anyone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

YES he should give up the Knicks , let him own the arena ... who cares.

The person or parties that buy the knicks , if they do nothing but draft picks could end up with a playoff team ... ex- Pelicans