Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Is mid 2000's kobe the greatest scorer of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I'd agree with that. The major difference is Kobe's ability to get hot from deep. Many of MJ's biggest scoring games didn't have the 3 pointer as a major factor, contrast to Kobe where he can ring off 5-6 3's in a row when hot. The potential to rake up points in a hurry, due to that streak 3 point shooting, as well as Kobe's absolute zero conscience about the types of shots he takes, made him more unpredictable and explosive. I.E when MJ scored 64 against Orlando, he was 1 out of 5 on 3's. Kobe's 81 featured 7 3's out of 13 taken. That stat right there symbolizes the difference in a nutshell.

MJ, even when hot, still pretty much plays the same in terms of the shots he takes, as well as how he played off his teammates. Kobe was more unpredictable in that he would suddenly get hot and then it was lights out, just an offensive onslaught. Typically, he's not going to fire up double digit 3 pointers except when he's hot.

True...and I will add...

the 3 pointer has changed changed dramamaticcally ( i know) over the past 10 years....

It has become the main objective in many successful offenses that are used today...

reminds me of this ignorant dude on my city sqaud....If me or another shooter miss a few 3's ( even after we make 4 in a row) He starts yelling about..." no more 3's...work the paint!!!!"

aint no one working the damn paint no more SMDH....the 3 pter is the new hook shot....I'm ol skewl and even I know that.

Banned

Default Re: Is mid 2000's kobe the greatest scorer of all time?

embarrasing to even think this