Default Expectations for Knicks this season?

Expectations are presumably lower for the Knicks this season than in recent years:

NY Post: Expectations aren

Default Re: Expectations for Knicks this season?

#5 in the east behind Bulls, Cavs, Heat, and Wizards.

Melo will have a career season and win the scoring title.

The team will start slow and have a huge run mid-season that will pump up everyone's expectations, leading to a ton of stories about how the Knicks are back.

Post all-star break they'll start slipping a little, losing games due to dumb decision making entering the post season.

Overall the season will be an improvement but not enough to get to the conference finals.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    #5 in the east behind Bulls, Cavs, Heat, and Wizards.

Melo will have a career season and win the scoring title.

The team will start slow and have a huge run mid-season that will pump up everyone's expectations, leading to a ton of stories about how the Knicks are back.

Post all-star break they'll start slipping a little, losing games due to dumb decision making entering the post season.

Overall the season will be an improvement but not enough to get to the conference finals.
    3 seed. I like that prediction

Playing a 6 seed not in that group

Getting on the opposite side of the bracket from both Cleveland and Chicago.

Sounds to me like you have them really close to the ECF. You have them losing to tor/atl/brook in the first round w home court, or you think they lose 2nd round to wizards or heat.
    Last edited by el gringos; 10-28-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Oh, they can surprise - I'm all for it. But I don't expect them to make the playoffs... you have 3 guys who have big roles either injured or just plain daft. This may hinder group chemistry just enough to impede a playoff run. Once Amare, J.R. and Bologna are gone, we can fill in the holes in our roster with players who are willing to buy in. Still, I'd love them to get in if possible. We'll see...

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Don't see a game thread so I'll post here. If you're offense doesn't get your best player the ball in position to score, I don't give a damn what shape it is. Just sayin. I hope we don't triangle ourselves into our win column having a big ass circle.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

They wont win games because of talent, the system cant make overrated players and scrubs look like stars or serviceable players. This loss tonite was not surprising, they played a better team, that has a clear coaching system that for the most part they havent been succesful anyway.

While I'm not a fan of the triangle as I dont think these players fit it, this team overall doesnt have enough talent to compete.

The Bulls shot 50% for the game, think about that. The Knicks havent played real defense in years and they look awful at it now.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I'm done evaluating the Knicks and suggesting solutions for this mess. This is a problem only a divine power can fix at this point.

Is it asking too much for my favorite teams to be good? I mean damn. I don't cheat on my wife. I try to be a good father. I pay my taxes. I don't do drugs. I don't break the law. I wear a seat belt when I drive. I just donated clothes and furniture to Salvation Army. I eat my vegetables. I try not to litter. I come to work on time every day. Gimme a break.

Knicks, Jets and Mets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I'm done evaluating the Knicks and suggesting solutions for this mess. This is a problem only a divine power can fix at this point.

Is it asking too much for my favorite teams to be good? I mean damn. I don't cheat on my wife. I try to be a good father. I pay my taxes. I don't do drugs. I don't break the law. I wear a seat belt when I drive. I just donated clothes and furniture to Salvation Army. I eat my vegetables. I try not to litter. I come to work on time every day. Gimme a break.

You alcoholic!

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize

Your life sucks a little more than mine... Yankee, Jet, Knicks fan.....

It's a work in progress practically a whole new Roster, President, Coaching staff, and system ... This is not going to change overnight.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

This process is gonna take a while, the good thing is if you're gonna suck...keep your draft picks and choose well.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    They wont win games because of talent, the system cant make overrated players and scrubs look like stars or serviceable players. This loss tonite was not surprising, they played a better team, that has a clear coaching system that for the most part they havent been succesful anyway.

While I'm not a fan of the triangle as I dont think these players fit it, this team overall doesnt have enough talent to compete.

The Bulls shot 50% for the game, think about that. The Knicks havent played real defense in years and they look awful at it now.
    Still dealing with the D'Antoni hangover. It's gonna take at least 20 games for these guys to gel. That, and we still have a handful of bums (defensive liabilities) to shed. Still, there were a few bright moments last night. Larkin held his own, and Dalembert didn't wilt. They gotta keep Stat on the bench, tho. Horrible "D". Again, the D'Antoni affect.