Default Melo adjustment to triangle offense

Jackson on Friday acknowledged that there may be a period of adjustment for Anthony, who is accustomed to operating in isolation.

Default Re: Melo adjustment to triangle offense

Carmelo will thrive in the triangle. Very talented passer, just have had no movement and really nobody to pass to.

Carmelo will set career high marks this year in assists and rebounds

Anthony could have left as a free agent, and there were plenty of reasons to go. The Knicks went 37-45 last season, the first time Anthony had missed the playoffs in his 11 NBA seasons, and salary cap woes left little ability to upgrade the team quickly. He met with the Bulls, Rockets, Mavericks and Lakers in July, and all of them offered better cores, or at least had another superstar in place. The Knicks couldn't offer much beyond the highest possible salary.

''From a basketball standpoint it probably would've been maybe the greatest thing to do, but for me personally I wouldn't have felt right with myself,'' Anthony said, ''knowing that I wanted to come here, I kind of forced my way here to New York and I have some unfinished business to take care of.''

-- Associated Press

I think Melo will be just fine. He has a whole year to get it down. For me, I'll re-iterate by once again stating it's all about the youth. I can enjoy watching these young guys gel knowing it's a learning curve year. Nothing barring injury could upset the tea cart for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I think Melo will be just fine. He has a whole year to get it down. For me, I'll re-iterate by once again stating it's all about the youth. I can enjoy watching these young guys gel knowing it's a learning curve year. Nothing barring injury could upset the tea cart for me.
    Sounds like quite a bit could upset you

- what if they play the best players?

- what if they want to win now and none of the spend the season developing the youth idea?

- what if you have to deal w the fact that Bargnani is the best big or that Jr smith is the best sg?

- what if Phil and fisher don't really care how much the fans want to see a team built around thj, shumpert, and Aldrich

But hey, if gasol doesn't take less to come to ny then durant def will. When he realizes that he can play w Tim hard away jr he might sign for min so they can max out thj.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos

- what if they want to win now and none of the spend the season developing the youth idea?

- what if you have to deal w the fact that Bargnani is the best big or that Jr smith is the best sg?

- what if Phil and fisher don't really care how much the fans want to see a team built around thj, shumpert, and Aldrich

But hey, if gasol doesn't take less to come to ny then durant def will. When he realizes that he can play w Tim hard away jr he might sign for min so they can max out thj.
    If Bargs is the best big then this team will not win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    If Bargs is the best big then this team will not win.
    Which would suit most here just fine. Out of curiosity who is the best big? Who'd else will be better than bargnani this year?

Krust Kingz

Which would suit most here just fine. Out of curiosity who is the best big? Who'd else will be better than bargnani this year?
    Stat was better....

I think the only one upset around here will be you. "What if they want to win now and none of the spend the season developing the youth idea"

What? What the **** are you babbling about? It seems as if you only exist to conjure theories about your favorite players here. If you even think for a moment that this roster could compete for a title, then you are totally out of your mind. But then, I've thought this about you before. In all seriousness, if your sweethearts J.R. and Bargnani deliver, no one will be happier than myself. Your questions smack of ignorance and I would almost go so far as labeling you a troll. I fully expect some sort of "liberal" response, so save your energy for those willing to bandy with you.

Stat was better....
    Exactly. Kurt Rambis was an energy big that did the little things. Maybe he's a good match w amare up front for this years Knicks team?

In all seriousness w amare, if he receives the same type of support from the refs as last year he could actually have a pretty good year and either raise his value or be a key piece.

One of the first of what will prob be thousands of signs that fisher is much smarter than Woodson is his training camp comments about amare. Woodson used to say amare is basically broken. Fisher is saying his health is great. Woodson killed value because if your own coach says you're too injured to play well what do you think a doctor will say.

Stat was better....
    Amare is pretty much broken. Bargs sucks though so it's not like we're going to get happy with either of them.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

If the Knicks can pick up the Triangle, Amar'e Stoudemire will be a contender for the Most Improved Award.

Amare's gonna be just fine. He knows his role; will be productive. Bargs, on the other hand...................

Dude looks like he just woke up half the time. I really think he hasn't a clue to what he's doing out there. Well, this team still has a few warts...