Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Are you a Clipper supporter, Clipper neutral, or a Clipper Hater?

I tried my best to reframe from making another Clipper fan because theres already a lot of them out there. But this is for a good cause. It will give us an idea who wants to see the Clippers succeed, and who is sick and tired of hearing about them all the time, and who just doesn't care whether the Clips win or lose.

It's pretty obvious where I stand. Can't spell Clippers without my username. A lot of you already know that I've been a long time Clipper fan dating back to the Odom days where the Clippers showed minor signs of promice but managed to fauck it up. I've been there for the exciting times(DMiles, Sam Cassel, 06 playoff run, Blake Griffin's rookie performance) and been there for the bad (Andre Miller, Livingston's injury, The 06-07 hangover from prior season, Brand's achilles, Brand ditching us, wasted draft picks, Baron Davis wasting 3 years with us, constant injuries and setbacks when times looked good, etc. etc. etc.). Not only the Clippers traded for Paul, but they also brought in some quality freeagents in Caron Butler and Chauncey Billups and the Clippers FO seem like they are serious about turning the franchise from a laughingstock to contenders. The day the Clippers traded for Paul, I was pretty excited, but it didn't really set in until yesterday.

Yesterday, I was walking home from the gym after a good workout and was thinking about how much the face of the Clippers have changed and how astronomical the Chris Paul trade was. Yes, the Clippers made the trade for Chris Paul and the was enormous. But that's not the point. The point is, the Chris Paul trade just opened the door for the Clippers to the promice land, meaning, the Clippers are going to be a winning franchise that can finally attract big name players and valuable veterans and after I realised that, I had to fight tears because I was so ****ing happy that the team that I stood up for time and time again, through all the losing, bad dicisions, the torture, all the bullshit that comes with being a long time Clipper fan. I'm not promicing any championships or nothing, but the scenary has changed for the Clippers and I can't put it in words on how excited I am to see that the Clippers have finally made the big step. There was my cool story, bros.

I gotta say that the NBA Lockout was a blessing in disquise for the Clippers, as painful as it was for everyone.

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Are you a Clipper supporter, Clipper neutral, or a Clipper Hater?

Supporter. Was an even bigger supporter before they traded Gordon.

Neutral I guess. I enjoyed Blake and Gordon last season, and I'm excited to see Paul lobbing to Griffin every other possession.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Neutral. Like the players, dislike the owner. The new Clips fans will soon be making us sick.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

I'm a Clipper neutral, but am willing to support them if they get farther in the playoffs than the Lakers. Of course, if they are playing the Lakers I can not support them. It is going to be nice to see 2 great teams representing L.A.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Supporter since '00.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I always cheer for an underdog

Remember the lockout ?
    The owners were trying to get losing teams to be competitive ?

This is how the league does it ... losing team in a big market arena

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    . But that's not the point. The point is, the Chris Paul trade just opened the door for the Clippers to the promice land, meaning, the Clippers are going to be a winning franchise that can finally attract big name players and valuable veterans and after I realised that, I had to fight tears because I was so ****ing happy that the team that I stood up for time and time again, through all the losing, bad dicisions, the torture, all the bullshit that comes with being a long time Clipper fan. I'm not promicing any championships or nothing, but the scenary has changed for the Clippers and I can't put it in words on how excited I am to see that the Clippers have finally made the big step. There was my cool story, bros.
    Fight tears?

Btw I'm clipper neutral (I'd much rather they win than the lakers...I live in laker land and listening to them cry on the radio is awesome). Just hate the clipper homer fans.

I'm on the neutral side of things but some Clipper fans make you want to hate out of spite.

owwwww

Supporter for sure.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Btw it's no surprise that this question has only been brought up by clipper fans. No other fan base ever makes a thread like this (except maybe Miami last year? Didnt see it but maybe someone made it)

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Neutral. Like the players, dislike the owner. The new Clips fans will soon be making us sick.
    I'd hate to agree with a Celtics fan, but he's got the right idea here

Clipper supporter since the year 2000

I support most young teams trying to change their culture.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Neutral, will enjoy watching them play, but won't care if they lose.