Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Terp in LA's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Toby Bailey from UCLA always had one on.

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitness
    LOL thats weird... its just now that i noticed that no players on the Bulls and heat line up wears headbands! hahaha!
    Well you are certainly new to NBA because Bulls had that in their team "policy" for a long long time.

Imagine James in Chicago? How would he hide that receding hairline? Would he complain to Jerry Reinsdorf about it? Demand to wear headband? LOL.

Seriously, for a forum filled with NBA experts, I'm surprised you don't know about something that's a common NBA trivia

Quote Originally Posted by Riker
    Well you are certainly new to NBA because Bulls had that in their team "policy" for a long long time.

Imagine James in Chicago? How would he hide that receding hairline? Would he complain to Jerry Reinsdorf about it? Demand to wear headband? LOL.

Seriously, for a forum filled with NBA experts, I'm surprised you don't know about something that's a common NBA trivia
    Ben Wallace got to wear his head band in Chi.

They had to make special exception for his bum ass

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that LeBron wore sleeves to cover his tatoos.
    You're partly right. James wore a sleeve to cover his NEW tattoos. He'd just got new ink put on and didn't want them to get scratched or whatever while they were still healing. I would do the same, but then James has money to get them touched up if something goes wrong. Still, it makes sense.

I don't know why guys like Lebron, Hamilton, Wade, Kobe, etc. have taken to wearing the sleeves on their shooting arm. It seems to me like it would be restrictive when you bend your elbow at a complete 90.

Mathius

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Blazers don't wear headbands either.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    He did in Indiana and Toronto, but if you've actually seen him in a game in Miami, you'd know he doesn't wear one. He looks f'n weird without a sweatband.
    looks like you're the one who hasn't actually seen him in a game in Miami

They probably dont let them any more.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gevz2kX

They just started letting him wear it a couple games ago. First few games he wasn't wearing one.

Give this girl a Rose! Chicago-Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pretty sure NBA players don't wear shirts under jerseys because it's against dress-code. Just like some teams won't allow you to wear a headband (ie: Bulls, Heat) to name a couple teams.

Is that one of Paxson's rules for good character?

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    I think that's mainly to keep warm since you're not doing full court sprinting, etc..
    Not really. its more of an ego thing. I know it sounds stupid but a lot of the best players I have ever played with or against have played or practiced if allowed to, in absurd clothing. it basically says, "im so good, i can beat you no matter what." I've seen a kid win an aau dunk contest with jeans on and the best player on my college team used to wear a red long sleeved tee under his practice jersey (we had no red in our uniforms).

What happened to the no headband rule in Miami. They changed their mind after looking at JO's Tyra Banks 5 head?

wasteland
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I don't know why guys like Lebron, Hamilton, Wade, Kobe, etc. have taken to wearing the sleeves on their shooting arm. It seems to me like it would be restrictive when you bend your elbow at a complete 90.
    No, it wouldn't. It actually gives your shooting hand more of a feel cause it tightens it. Armbands can do the same...

Go Spurs Go

I like the college tall tee look.. some of my favorite ballers have sported a T in their college days (ben gordon was sick at uconn.. teague currently at wake)

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gevz2kX

Well f*ck me running. The one Heat game i watched he didn't have a sweatband on, and he looked weird as s*it.

When you're wrong you're wrong.