Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Someone tell me the theory on how MJ got his father killed with his gambling debts

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    too coincidental that his father was robbed for his sons championship rings on the side of the road in the middle of the night

he was "sleeping" my ass

his son was late on paying his gambling debts. the mob put a hit out on his family to collect...

no strings attached. hired goons
    You know, you should probably be banned just for all your trolling but this is just ridiculous. You really shouldn't go running around spreading BS just because you love Kobe, seriously...

Now this is off topic and I don't claim to know this at all but Jordan was filthy rich, had deals from the Bulls, Nike, Gatorade and thats just to name a few..
    Last edited by Dro; 08-17-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Default Re: Someone tell me the theory on how MJ got his father killed with his gambling debts

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I don't see how Jordan ever had "issues with gambling"?

Like, what was the issue?

Did he run out of money? No.

What's the issue?
    He lost more often than he won, regardless of what he bet on. When you have a person wanting to win at all costs (like cheating in cards against a teammates grandmother) then you know you've got a problem.

Habitual gamblers don't like to pay up when they lose. They either try to talk winning person into betting again on the same thing to try to win his money back or keep losing over and over again by going double or nothing until huge debt has been build up.

What's the issue?
    Right, I don't ever think it really had much to do with money. It was more it being coupled with his competitive spirit seen as an unhealthy thing. I'm sure the nba was scared shitless of a Pete rose scenario, which with all the wispers of secret suspension could have happened for all we know. Urban Legend until.someone gets old enough and writes a book I guess.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    He lost more often than he won, regardless of what he bet on. When you have a person wanting to win at all costs (like cheating in cards against a teammates grandmother) then you know you've got a problem.

Habitual gamblers don't like to pay up when they lose. They either try to talk winning person into betting again on the same thing to try to win his money back or keep losing over and over again by going double or nothing until huge debt has been build up.
    But what's the issue or problem with Jordan gambling?

I know about habitual gamblers and their issues. I'm talking about Jordan and his specific issues that seem to be non-existent

Was money an issue for Jordan? No.

Was debt an issue? No.

What was the issue?

:

I know about habitual gamblers and their issues. I'm talking about Jordan and his specific issues that seem to be non-existent

Was debt an issue? No.

What was the issue?
    Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Pete Rose
    Pete Rose was Michael Jordan's issue with gambling?

Or do you mean, other people had an issue with Jordans gambling, and that issue was the fear that he would follow Rose's footsteps and cheat?

So now it becomes clear.

Michael Jordan had no issues with gambling

OTHER PEOPLE had issues with Jordan gambling.

Mystery solved

Pete Rose was Michael Jordan's issue with gambling?

Or do you mean, other people had an issue with Jordans gambling, and that issue was the fear that he would follow Rose's footsteps and cheat?

So now it becomes clear.

Michael Jordan had no issues with gambling

OTHER PEOPLE had issues with Jordan gambling.

Mystery solved
    The nba and the media had a problem with a person of his stature having those type of habits. He was probably the only athlete on that pedestal at the time, a huge role model and the face of the league. The nba didn't want the negative press.

OP... the pic of high Gerald/Shumpert eating the pizza is straight outta Hey Arnold? No one photoshopped it?

:

Was debt an issue? No.

What was the issue?
    Not paying debts (at times) makes them feel like they never lost to begin with.

Also just want to clarify that I'm not suggesting Jordan's dad's death was tied to MJ's gambling addiction.

College superstar

Did he get suspended from the NBA? No.

Did his wife leave him? No.

Did he lose how house, car, job etc etc? No.

What's the issue?
    Well he didn't pay his debts. This book is almost free and shows just how out of control he was:
    http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Me-Gam.../dp/0963717715

And he left the NBA for 2 years. Do you really think MJ left the NBA to play baseball?

Yes, his wife DID leave him. He paid a $165M divorce settlement.

So you were pretty far off on your questions.