Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Clutch Stats for Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Allen and Wade

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Except we've actually seen Kobe hit 30+ game winners, numerous 4th quarter take overs etc etc
    Does he have the most game-winners all-time, or is it MJ? Read somewhere that Jordan has some that weren't counted, and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Lol, you say his stats are correct then you call him dishonest.

kuniva_dAMental
    Pretty sure Kuniva means the criteria. It does sound foolish limiting the last 2 minutes to one possession. The stats show LeBron is a pretty good clutch player though.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Does he have the most game-winners all-time, or is it MJ? Read somewhere that Jordan has some that weren't counted, and should be.

Pretty sure Kuniva means the criteria. It does sound foolish limiting the last 2 minutes to one possession. The stats show LeBron is a pretty good clutch player though.
    i gave him stats for both criteria unlike what most people on this forum do. instead of debating like a civilized person on whether the criteria should be changed, he straight up called me dishonest. I get it that he is probably pretty angry that stats by both criteria show that lebron is pretty good in clutch but he should learn to calm himself down and not give into the anger.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 08-15-2015 at 11:20 PM.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Which player would you take in the Clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Steve Nash isn't clutch and he can't defend. So how is he a 2 time MVP?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Steve Nash isn't clutch and he can't defend. So how is he a 2 time MVP?
    It's not fair to compare the teams nash has faced to the teams bron, pierce and Allen have..

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    It's not fair to compare the teams nash has faced to the teams bron, pierce and Allen have..

Right bc bron, pierce and allen got to play with prime amare, marion, joe johnson, jrich...

Thats the funny thing bout people talkin about conference disparity. The reason its so strong is cause the stars in the west have real teams around them. Meanwhile dwayne wade is spending his prime trying to carry chalmers, beasley, joel anthony and udonis haslem into the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Right bc bron, pierce and allen got to play with prime amare, marion, joe johnson, jrich...

Thats the funny thing bout people talkin about conference disparity. The reason its so strong is cause the stars in the west have real teams around them. Meanwhile dwayne wade is spending his prime trying to carry chalmers, beasley, joel anthony and udonis haslem into the playoffs
    I think you're missing the point.. there's no early rounds to pad percentages against out west. Not to mention you're reeling off names like amare and Joe johnson while lebron has played with prime wade/bosh and wade has played with a still MVP candidate shaq and of course prime lebron.. lol

NBA Legend

I think you're missing the point.. there's no early rounds to pad percentages against out west. Not to mention you're reeling off names like amare and Joe johnson while lebron has played with prime wade/bosh and wade has played with a still MVP candidate shaq and of course prime lebron.. lol

Yeah, and Bron won a couple of titles when he had good teams. Wade won one with Shaq and might have won another if not for injury (tho prob not).

But the point is that bc of how people vote for MVP, someone like '09 Wade will have virtually no shot bc his team isnt good enough to have a top record no matter how good he is. But if you play at that same level in the west while having all stars around you, youre gonna have a better shot at MVP.

Guys like Nash, Nowitzki, Curry, Kobe, Durant are far more likely to win the "best player on the best team" MVP than someone like Jason Kidd trying to drag a mediocre Nets team around. Post-MJ, the only three guys who everyone knows are genuinely the actual MVP each year are Shaq, Duncan, Lebron. Whenever the media hands out a feel-good, "congrats on a nice season" MVP its probably going to someone in the west. Rose has basically been the one exception.

Yeah, and Bron won a couple of titles when he had good teams. Wade won one with Shaq and might have won another if not for injury (tho prob not).

But the point is that bc of how people vote for MVP, someone like '09 Wade will have virtually no shot bc his team isnt good enough to have a top record no matter how good he is. But if you play at that same level in the west while having all stars around you, youre gonna have a better shot at MVP.

Guys like Nash, Nowitzki, Curry, Kobe, Durant are far more likely to win the "best player on the best team" MVP than someone like Jason Kidd trying to drag a mediocre Nets team around. Post-MJ, the only three guys who everyone knows are genuinely the actual MVP each year are Shaq, Duncan, Lebron. Whenever the media hands out a feel-good, "congrats on a nice season" MVP its probably going to someone in the west. Rose has basically been the one exception.
    I think you're going off topic man.. op's about plsyoff clutch stats not regular season MVPs.. bron pierce and allen have played a ton of their games out east against garbage competition. Nash has played his whole career against dominant west teams mostly as an underdog.

NBA Legend

I think you're going off topic man.. op's about clutch stats not MVPs.. bron pierce and allen have played a ton of their games out east against garbage competition. Nash has played his whole career against dominant west teams mostly as an underdog.

Well the first post of yours I responded to was a response to someone talking about MVPs so thats why I was commentin on it.

Anyway I still dont think it makes a difference. "Clutch" is vastly overrated anyway; even if it werent, the East has tough defensive teams while Kobe feasts on the likes of the Suns and Jazz and the Melo-Iverson Nuggets. Literally some historically bad defensive teams. And STILL has a terrible "clutch" percentage.

Well the first post of yours I responded to was a response to someone talking about MVPs so thats why I was commentin on it.

Anyway I still dont think it makes a difference. "Clutch" is vastly overrated anyway; even if it werent, the East has tough defensive teams while Kobe feasts on the likes of the Suns and Jazz and the Melo-Iverson Nuggets. Literally some historically bad defensive teams. And STILL has a terrible "clutch" percentage.
    Out west there could be worse defensive teams but their offense is so much better than that out east that it puts extra pressure on you hitting the shot.. doug collins sixers were a top 7 defensive team but weren't hitting a shot to save their life.. no dirk no Duncan no kobe, I can only imagine the relief on Steve's face when he finds out Evan Turner is going to be the guy responding to his shot.

The East doesn't have tougher defensive teams, it's just that most of them suck offensively and can't score on each other

Put Kobe on those Miami Super Teams and let him feast on sub 40 win "playoff" teams and see his FG% go up.

Local High School Star

A few kobe stans out in full force in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The East doesn't have tougher defensive teams, it's just that most of them suck offensively and can't score on each other

Put Kobe on those Miami Super Teams and let him feast on sub 40 win "playoff" teams and see his FG% go up.
    Guess this would explain why baldbe shoots 41% in the Finals for his career.

Lebron is very clutch. I haven't seen any player who get more criticism than him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Wade >>>>>>>>> everyone here x 100000000. These numbers can go kill themselves.