Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Battle for the 8th seed (eastern conference)

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I don't know what team fits his stylef for him to continue his current play. Melo is going to be 30 years old next year and he needs to be on a team that he's going to have to give up some shots and focus on other parts of his game, rebounding, passing, post defense, etc...

I've heard Chicago and Houston and I think if he decides to not stay in New York, should choose Chicago. Not sure if he's down to return to the Western Conference. With Rose returning to the line up and hopefully be at 100%, the starting line up would look like:

Rose
    Butler
    Anthony
    Boozer (replaced by Gibson ?)
    Noah

^Pretty tough lineup, but Melo needs to focus on becoming more of a team player in Thibs system.

Boozer amnestied if Mirotic comes over. Gibson will move to the starting lineup with Mirotic to get solid minutes off the bench.

If we sign Melo in the offseason, I'd say Augustin might take a big paycut to play for a contender.

I really hope one of Cavs, Detroit, or Knicks chase down the Hawks and get the 8th seed. Hawks without Horford just don't pose a threat to anybody.
    Last edited by poido123; 03-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    the hawks are the most fcking boring team in nba history, i hope they lose all their remaining games
    They were alright before horford went out

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    i totally agree with this 100%, they were even boring when joe and jamal were on the team
    We haven't had our best player for months. Take Melo off the Knicks and see how fun that collection of losers is to watch. They'd be as bad as the Bucks.

Toss up

What's the estimated pick range for the cats if they drop down to the 9th seed? 10-16?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Boozer amnestied if Mirotic comes over. Gibson will move to the starting lineup with Mirotic to get solid minutes off the bench.

If we sign Melo in the offseason, I'd say Augustin might take a big paycut to play for a contender.
    Rose 19
    Melo 18 (with a discount)
    Noah 12
    Gibson 8
    Butler 2
    -------
    59 plus eight minimum contract and you are already over the increased projected cap of 62.5. That