Default Re: Players you thought were gonna be Stars

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Andrew Bogut
    Jonathan Bender
    Emeka Okafor
    Nick Young
    Travis outlaw
    Jason Richardson

Whilst Bogut has been somewhat disappointing given where he was drafted he is still a very solid player. Injuries, a bad team and coaches prior to scott skiles not knowing how to use him haven't helped his cause.

People seem to have forgotten that he should have been an all star last season and was named to the all nba 3rd team.

He currently leads the league in blocked shots, takes a ton of charges and even though he hasn't played enough to qualify his rebounds per game are in the top 5.

Default Re: Players you thought were gonna be Stars

Man, Gerald Green disappointed me so much. I became a huge fan of his after watching some mixes of him before the draft, and I bought into the hype. At least the mixes I watched before the draft for me definitely warranted some of the T-Mac comparisons he received. T-Mac is my favourite player of all-time, so I was mos def on the Gerald wagon.

Waited and waited for him to get a shot to crack the Celtics rotation, and when he finally got his chance nearer the end of the season, the kid impressed me. Well, the dunks, mainly. But then all the stories started coming out about his lack of basketball, and general IQ.

I kinda blame the dunk contest too. Kid got his time in front of the camera, probably worked on his dunks more than his game. Traded to Minny, lost in the rotation, then started bouncing around the league (really thought Houston would give him a chance), and now look where he is.

I hate wasted potential. Would love for him to get a second chance somewhere. Kinda hoped the Lakers would give him at least a training camp invite after he played on their Summer League team, but it didn't happen. Oh well.