Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: I see why Lebron left

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    A lot of hypocrisy in this thread, that's for sure.
    Yup... Kobe demands to start his career in LA with Shaq, and irrational Lebron haters have the audacity to say James took the easy way out. Sh*t, Lebron should have just refused to play in Cleveland from day one like Kobe did.

Quote Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTL
    Yup... Kobe demands to start his career in LA with Shaq, and irrational Lebron haters have the audacity to say James took the easy way out. Sh*t, Lebron should have just refused to play in Cleveland from day one like Kobe did.
    You know what I said about Kobe being drafted by the Lakers in my previous post was correct, but im glad to see you're doing the research.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    Sorry man if you're calling everyone else in this thread a hypocrite then you're right up there with them. At least get your facts straight instead of spewing out bullshit.

The Lakers worked out Kobe and had every intention of drafting him prior to the draft. They gave up their starting center at the time in order to get him. Kobe was actually on the Lakers before Shaq signed there.

I'm not going to argue that Kobe didn't contribute to Shaq no longer wanting to stay in LA, but most of that had to do with Jerry Buss' opposition to giving Shaq a long term extension. I believe Shaq himself said that it was Buss' fault that he was traded/left.

Yes, Kobe demanded a trade prior to the 07-08 season, but he backed off those demands well before Gasol came to the Lakers. The team was in first place prior to the Lakers trading for Gasol.

RonySeikalyFTL =
    Think you need to get your facts straight. That starting center you were talking about was Vlade Divacs, and here's a quote from him:
    "I knew they were thinking about getting Shaq and obviously in order to do that, they needed to trade me," Divac said. "I am not at all angry with the Lakers. The thing is, they are like my family. When I came here they were wonderful to me, so I want to help them in any way I can. "

NJ was thinking about drafting Kobe instead of Kerry Kittles as well, and Kobe said there's no way in hell he would play in NJ.

And if you're really stupid enough to believe Kobe didn't run Shaq out of town, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didn't follow basketball when all that was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    The problem is that LeBron just isn't built to run a team. It's clear as day.

Skip said it best: ''Lebron James is made for the regular season, he's a regular season dynamo, he's made for our Sports Center plays of the night, he's always number one in the regular season but come post season time... post season! he's the most overrated, over-hyped superstar in my history in this business.''

LeBron just makes players around him worse.

I'm sure even if LeBron James teamed up with Larry Bird and Michael Jordan he would still find a way to make them look like lost D-League hacks and all his apologetic fans would then say that Bird was overrated and soft and suggest that Jordan should come off the bench or be traded. (Does this sound familiar? )

Look at this closet LeBron fan. Quoting Skip Bayless of all people. Saying LeBron makes players around him worse. Maybe he just retire huh? You're a ****ing idiot. Quit acting like you know something about basketball because you don't. Ignored.....

Think you need to get your facts straight. That starting center you were talking about was Vlade Divacs, and here's a quote from him:
    "I knew they were thinking about getting Shaq and obviously in order to do that, they needed to trade me," Divac said. "I am not at all angry with the Lakers. The thing is, they are like my family. When I came here they were wonderful to me, so I want to help them in any way I can. "

NJ was thinking about drafting Kobe instead of Kerry Kittles as well, and Kobe said there's no way in hell he would play in NJ.

And if you're really stupid enough to believe Kobe didn't run Shaq out of town, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didn't follow basketball when all that was going on.

In your original post you said:

The only reason Kobe plays for LA is because he took a giant "short-cut" and demanded to be traded by the small market Hornets to the big market Shaq-led Lakers.
    Kobe did not demand to be traded from the Hornets. You can read right? It was a prearranged draft day deal. You are really stretching it if you are claiming that the Lakers told Kobe they were definitely going to trade for Shaq and that's what made him push for the Nets not to draft him.

As for the running Shaq out of town issue, I never denied Kobe was a factor did I? You have to be stupid to think that Buss would just give Shaq a 5 year $100 million extension when he was on the downside of his career.

Glad to see you had a response to my Gasol comment...

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and consider you an irrational poster so there's no point in me further proving how wrong you are.

One final thing...

I could care less about what LeBron has done.

I know Kobe is not anywhere near to having a moral compass.

I brick open layups

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingforfun
    Too many Lakers fan on ISH and not enough good poster.

[COLOR="White"]U mad?[/COLOR]

The only reason Kobe plays for LA is because he took a giant "short-cut" and demanded to be traded by the small market Hornets to the big market Shaq-led Lakers.
    http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/20...ued-ar-113126/

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Come on now. If he had left in just press release, you don't think the fans boo him tonight? It's always been about him leaving more than how he left.

The complaining about the TV show is getting old. It was clearly something organized to maximize the moment and LeBron has said that he should've done it differently. It deserves nothing more than a roll of the eyes. It's not like he committed a crime or anything.

In the scope of bad things celebrities/athletes have done in the last decade, The Decision is nothing.

I've said it before. Ron Artest running into the stands and attacking a fan was far worse than anything LeBron has ever done.
    You will never EVER get these Bron haters to accept reason. The details don't matter. They have a reason to hate so they're going to unleash. Most people who have defended Lebron in all of this agreed that the decision special was a bad idea. But it just wasn't worth going on and on about this many months later. Again, it's just an excuse to pile on and overdo it. As far as Bron hate goes you have:

Kobe fans - They don't care about his supposed "ego" because if they DID, they wouldn't be Kobe fans. It's all about the chance to take down the person considered the biggest threat to him. Period.

Cleveland fans - Understandable, but come on. I've known people that have been in long term relationships that haven't carried a torch this long. He left, you booed, you cried, get over it. There's worse things in life than what went on with your sports team.

Sheep - Those that follow the pack and jump on whatever bandwagon. Now it's Bron, and they don't even know why they're hating him but it's the "thing" to do now.

Teenagers - Similar to sheep but they're kids so their judgement isn't fully developed yet.

Bron is 25. He's made mistakes, but by all accounts his teammates enjoyed playing with him, and he was a good leader/teammate. Of course the negativity is blown out of proportion. Hey, not everyone is going to like all sports stars. Some you root for, some you don't. But I fail to see anything that Bron has done that's been soooo horrible as to make him this huge villain. It's all media hype, lemmings and people with a set agenda.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    1. Mo Williams is second best player but not even a top 10 pg
    2a. Could've had Amare but didn't wanna give up Hickson
    2b. Kept Hickson, but then he and Boobie Gibson( underappreciated0 don't get burn??
    3. Varejao with that big contract.........Varejao???????????

if you watch varejao consistently you would understand how good he is

cleveland has been a great defensive team with ilgauskas playing minutes as well as poor defenders like mo and jamison, because varejao is soo goo on d, defends pick and rolls as well as anybody, and hustles on every rebound

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Okay, if you aknowledge Kobe isn't a good person then why are you playing moral f*cking police with Lebron? Oh wait, I know why... You have an agenda. Discredit Lebron to build up Kobe.
    You are a complete tool... now I am not allowed to voice my opinion of players? WTF is this site for?

You are the biggest Lebron stans I have ever seen... (so far). Talk about myopia!

Wow...

Frankly, when the conversation, and debating gets to a point where someone is attempting to discredit another person's opinion merely because of the team they root for, or the player they root for, then you know the conversation is over. Thats just ridiciulous.

"lolz ur just some stupid kobe homer"

Who acts like this?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Frankly, when the conversation, and debating gets to a point where someone is attempting to discredit another person's opinion merely because of the team they root for, or the player they root for, then you know the conversation is over. Thats just ridiciulous.

"lolz ur just some stupid kobe homer"

Who acts like this?
    well said and repped when i can... exactly... not once did i bring up the team i like... i do have an opinion about lebron and his behavior, and there's nothing wrong with it. it has nothing to do with any other team in the league...and if he played for the lakers, i would be just as disgusted.