Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default NBA Playoff Seeding Predictions

I did this last year, it is fun to look back months later and see how correct (incredibly off) I was/we were. Feel free to post your own. Obviously I cannot account for trades/injuries that occur from here on but how rosters are now are nonetheless pretty set in stone, if you will, so:

East

1-Cavaliers
    2-Bulls
    3-Heat
    4-Wizards
    5-Knicks
    6-Hornets
    7-Pistons
    8-Bucks

West

1-Spurs
    2-OKC
    3-Clippers
    4-Warriors
    5-Trailblazers
    6-Houston
    7-Grizzlies
    8-Lakers (just a strange gut feeling)

Default Re: NBA Playoff Seeding Predictions

East

1 Cavs

2 Bulls

3 Heat

4 Knicks

5 Wizards

6 Pistons

7 Hornets

8 Raptors

West

1 Spurs

2 Clippers

3 Mavs

4 Thunder

5 Rockets

6 Grizzlies

7 Blazers

8 Warriors

East:

1. Bulls
    2. Cavs
    3. Wizards
    4. Heat
    5. Raptors
    6. Hornets
    7-8. who cares

West:

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Warriors
    4. Clippers
    5. Blazers
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Suns
    8. Mavs

East:

1) Cavs
    2) Bulls
    3) Raptors
    4) Wizards
    5) Hornets
    6) Heat
    7) Hawks
    8) Pistons

West:

1) Thunder
    2) Spurs
    3) Clippers
    4) Warriors
    5) Mavs
    6) Blazers
    7) Grizzlies
    8) Pelicans

Eastern Conference
    1) Cleveland Cavaliers
    2) Chicago Bulls
    3) Miami Heat
    4) Washington Wizards
    5) Toronto Raptors
    6) New York Knicks
    7) Charlotte Bobcats
    8) Atlanta Hawks

Western Conference
    1) San Antonio Spurs
    2) Oklahoma City Thunder
    3) Los Angeles Clippers
    4) Golden State Warriors
    5) Dallas Mavericks
    6) Houston Rockets
    7) Portland Trail Blazers
    8) Memphis Grizzlies

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    East:

1. Bulls
    2. Cavs
    3. Wizards
    4. Heat
    5. Raptors
    6. Hornets
    7-8. who cares

West:

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Warriors
    4. Clippers
    5. Blazers
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Suns
    8. Mavs
    Rockets easily are on the 6-8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkeelma
    Rockets easily are on the 6-8 seed.
    Some people are just underrating the crap out of them. They could end up as a top 5-8 seed in the west. Yeah, they lost 3 good players... but that doesn't mean they still can't make it into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Some people are just underrating the crap out of them. They could end up as a top 5-8 seed in the west. Yeah, they lost 3 good players... but that doesn't mean they still can't make it into the playoffs.
    How is it such a guarantee? You don't lose Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and Jeremy Lin (clown him all you want, he's still a good player) and somehow stay just as good.

No one is saying they're going to collapse into lottery-level..it's just that the margin for error in the West is razor thin. Last season the difference between the 8th seed and the 4th seed, where Houston was, was 5 games. 5 games.

You seriously don't think losin Asik, Parsons, and Lin and replacing them with Trevor "contract year" Ariza could potentially cost you 5-6 games?

And then we factor in teams like Phoenix who will get Bledsoe back...Pelicans who were crushed by injuries last year but are now healthy and added Asik..who knows?

Houston has a good shot..all my bullshit aside they probably make it..but suggesting it's a certainty doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    How is it such a guarantee? You don't lose Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and Jeremy Lin (clown him all you want, he's still a good player) and somehow stay just as good.

No one is saying they're going to collapse into lottery-level..it's just that the margin for error in the West is razor thin. Last season the difference between the 8th seed and the 4th seed, where Houston was, was 5 games. 5 games.

You seriously don't think losin Asik, Parsons, and Lin and replacing them with Trevor "contract year" Ariza could potentially cost you 5-6 games?

And then we factor in teams like Phoenix who will get Bledsoe back...Pelicans who were crushed by injuries last year but are now healthy and added Asik..who knows?

Houston has a good shot..all my bullshit aside they probably make it..but suggesting it's a certainty doesn't make any sense
    I never said it was a guarantee. I said they could end up as a top 5-8 seed in the West. Yeah we lost 3 good players. Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, and Chandler Parsons. We replaced Chandler Parsons will Trevor Ariza. IMO, Ariza is a slightly better defender than Parsons was last season with the Rockets. You can call him "contract year" if you want to, but he can still give the Rockets about 12-14 every night. Add in the good defense and he's not a bad replacement. Motiejunas isn't a very good defender or rebounder but when he was given the time last season, his offense was pretty good. I was thinking that he could move to the PF spot because he can shoot threes. He can our stretch 4.

Omer Asik was a very solid backup for Houston in 2013-14. He grabbed rebounds and most importantly, brought in very good defense. He also missed 34 games on the season. We went 22-12 without him. The backup center for Houston next season will either be Joey Dorsey or Donatas Motienjunas. Don't say "Haha oh it's Joey Dorsey, he's going to be shit hahah"... Didn't watch any games from the Euroleague but I went on the forum when we acquired him. He's a fan of the team he played on last year. Said he's a soild defender and good rebounder. That's good. Of course he's not going to be as good as Omer Asik but I say he's going to fill his role pretty nicely.

At point guard, Beverley is going to be starting. Backups will be Isaiah Canaan and Ish Smith. I'm going to say the 2 year man, Isaiah Canaan, is most likely going to be Beverley's backup. He's not going to replace Lin perfectly but I have some faith that he'll do alright. Anyway, going into next season, I also see some of our guys improving. James Harden's defense still looks horrible. 1 thing I noticed him doing well in the FIBA tournament was that he made more jumpers. His step back shot looks more improved. The next guy I see improving is Terrence Jones. In his 2nd season, he put up 12/7/1 and he's only 22 years old. I can him putting up... 14/7 next season. Been hearing he's been working on his post game and jumper in the offseason which is a plus.

Also going into next season, I think we'll be seeing a slightly better Dwight Howard. He looked great towards the end of the season and of course the playoffs where he was putting up Orlando Dwight numbers. Troy Daniels, that kid who was raining 3's in the playoffs, will be an upgrade from the Francisco Garcia of last season. Garcia was bad last year. Couldn't make a jumper at all. Daniels was looking great everytime he got minutes. I think he could give Houston something like 2-3 three pointers every night, which would be fantastic.

Also I just wanted to add in something...
    Patrick Beverley was a first year starter.
    Terrence Jones was a first year starter.
    James Harden was a second year starter.
    Dwight Howard was in his first year in Houston.
    Houston Rockets were the fourth youngest team in the NBA.

And finally, the last thing I wanna say is that got a little more veteran leadership. We traded for Jason Terry, a guy who has been in the league playing in the NBA since 1999. He been to the NBA Finals 2 times and won a championships. What I'm saying is that he knows how to win. Francisco Garcia can also bring some veteran leadership. All in all, I don't think the Houston Rockets became that bad of a team after the loss of Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik. I think at the end of the season we'll win 51-52 games if all the main guys can manage to play a full season without any injuries.

We should do a ISH playoff seeding and see if as a collective we know what were talking about, or we're all just as dumb as everyone else.

I know where I stand, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I never said it was a guarantee. I said they could end up as a top 5-8 seed in the West. Yeah we lost 3 good players. Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, and Chandler Parsons. We replaced Chandler Parsons will Trevor Ariza. IMO, Ariza is a slightly better defender than Parsons was last season with the Rockets. You can call him "contract year" if you want to, but he can still give the Rockets about 12-14 every night. Add in the good defense and he's not a bad replacement. Motiejunas isn't a very good defender or rebounder but when he was given the time last season, his offense was pretty good. I was thinking that he could move to the PF spot because he can shoot threes. He can our stretch 4.

Omer Asik was a very solid backup for Houston in 2013-14. He grabbed rebounds and most importantly, brought in very good defense. He also missed 34 games on the season. We went 22-12 without him. The backup center for Houston next season will either be Joey Dorsey or Donatas Motienjunas. Don't say "Haha oh it's Joey Dorsey, he's going to be shit hahah"... Didn't watch any games from the Euroleague but I went on the forum when we acquired him. He's a fan of the team he played on last year. Said he's a soild defender and good rebounder. That's good. Of course he's not going to be as good as Omer Asik but I say he's going to fill his role pretty nicely.

At point guard, Beverley is going to be starting. Backups will be Isaiah Canaan and Ish Smith. I'm going to say the 2 year man, Isaiah Canaan, is most likely going to be Beverley's backup. He's not going to replace Lin perfectly but I have some faith that he'll do alright. Anyway, going into next season, I also see some of our guys improving. James Harden's defense still looks horrible. 1 thing I noticed him doing well in the FIBA tournament was that he made more jumpers. His step back shot looks more improved. The next guy I see improving is Terrence Jones. In his 2nd season, he put up 12/7/1 and he's only 22 years old. I can him putting up... 14/7 next season. Been hearing he's been working on his post game and jumper in the offseason which is a plus.

Also going into next season, I think we'll be seeing a slightly better Dwight Howard. He looked great towards the end of the season and of course the playoffs where he was putting up Orlando Dwight numbers. Troy Daniels, that kid who was raining 3's in the playoffs, will be an upgrade from the Francisco Garcia of last season. Garcia was bad last year. Couldn't make a jumper at all. Daniels was looking great everytime he got minutes. I think he could give Houston something like 2-3 three pointers every night, which would be fantastic.

Also I just wanted to add in something...
    Patrick Beverley was a first year starter.
    Terrence Jones was a first year starter.
    James Harden was a second year starter.
    Dwight Howard was in his first year in Houston.
    Houston Rockets were the fourth youngest team in the NBA.

And finally, the last thing I wanna say is that got a little more veteran leadership. We traded for Jason Terry, a guy who has been in the league playing in the NBA since 1999. He been to the NBA Finals 2 times and won a championships. What I'm saying is that he knows how to win. Francisco Garcia can also bring some veteran leadership. All in all, I don't think the Houston Rockets became that bad of a team after the loss of Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik. I think at the end of the season we'll win 51-52 games if all the main guys can manage to play a full season without any injuries.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Smook A. again.

Let the haters hate. The day of reckoning will come.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

OKC
    SAS
    LAC
    GSW
    POR
    DAL
    LAL
    HOU

Cavs
    Bulls
    Wizards
    Heat
    Raptors
    Knicks
    Hornets
    Cats

Now you understand what I be going through on here Smook. People will underrate your team in a second.

People still don't understand how seeding works or is it just the East ?

Warriors should be top 4

Its a joke they were 6th seed last year.