Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: The history of Kobe haters on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
    3x NBA MVP, and 1x Finals MVP 1 title in 10 years < 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP 5 titles in 17 years

Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
    4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP in 10 years > 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP in 17 years
    why leave out the 5 titles? now lechoke d1ckriders have to resort to picking achievements.

sad

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    some other names:

Bruce Blitz
    ginobli
    Indian Guy
    DuMa
    Eric Forman
    L8krH8tr
    plowking
    raptorfan-07
    Kurosawa0
    Rosecity
    Calabis
    evilmonkey
    sh0time
    BallersTalk
    New York Knicks
    Knoe Itawl
    Lebron23
    Heat 007
    Neveah
    qrich
    Tito Beasley
    Sound Wave
    LAClipsFan33
    8BeastlyXOIAD
    rodman91
    ashbelly
    raporz_droz
    necya
    Big#50
    Simple Jack
    whatever666
    NBASTATMAN
    Duncan21formvp
    TMacsRockets
    andgar923
    indiefan23
    Papaya Petee
    KG5MVP
    asdf1990
    glidedrxlr22
    zabuza666
    Loki
    M.Bustly15A5RU8
    The Gibbet
    BEAST Griffin
    gengiskhan
    SavageMode
    PowerGlove (phnx18)
    Harion -
    donald_trump -
    andre89
    Lol. I randomly found this on a search. I'm not so much a Kobe Hater as a Kobe truth teller. It's more like Kobe fans hated me because I made an argument they had no response for. There's still never been a rational counter to this, if I say so myself.

http://www.fullcourtpest.com/2009/06...-breaking.html

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    Lol. I randomly found this on a search. I'm not so much a Kobe Hater as a Kobe truth teller. It's more like Kobe fans hated me because I made an argument they had no response for. There's still never been a rational counter to this, if I say so myself.

http://www.fullcourtpest.com/2009/06...-breaking.html

Still pushing that crap? That post was nonsense 5 years ago when the stat nerds at hoopsworld or wherever it was picked it apart... Still's nonsense, nothing's changed
    Last edited by gts; 02-26-2014 at 09:06 PM.

What I find pretty amazing is how a fan of the sport could hate on a player that has incredible skills, multiple rings and has promoted the sport to a higher level. It's no secret I'm a Knick fan - and yet I don't hate on any players of other teams. LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, Durant etc - they are all great. It's all good. Oh sure, there are some players that annoy the living shit out of me... but considering the odds of someone actually making it into the NBA, I applaud all of them. Continually bashing a player just to get a rise out of another fan smacks of immaturity - we could use a lot less of it here. And people asking to ban other people? A new level of low.

Yeah........ dream on.

BTW - Kobe is still the best player in my eyes until he retires or LeBron beats him in the ship dept.

"kobe will never win w/o shaq"
    "kobe is on the decline"
    "do the lakers go on a run now that kobe is out?"

Quote Originally Posted by gts

Still pushing that crap? That post was nonsense 5 years ago when the stat nerds at hoopsworld or wherever it was picked it apart... Still's nonsense, nothing's changed
    No stat nerds anywhere have ever picked it apart. I'm am a stat nerd and it's 'sound' sir. There was a guy at real GM who claimed he was some kind of professor who claimed it lacked a sample size large enough to be predictive but clearly I wasn't using the numbers to predict what was going to happen, but to show what did happen already, and his criticisms were essentially a glorious steaming pile of ignorance. I pointed this out and yea, he just didn't respond because he had none.

If you'd like to be the first person to show why the method is not inaccurate I'm totally waiting and will respond. Otherwise I'll just chalk you up to the bitter/biased fans who don't like to accept the fact that Kobe spent a number of years playing the most selfish basketball this league has ever seen. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    BTW - Kobe is still the best player in my eyes until he retires or LeBron beats him in the ship dept.
    This is the kind of ignorant thinking that made me stop posting here. :/

Banned

kobe is a bitch though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    "kobe will never win w/o shaq"
    "kobe is on the decline"
    "do the lakers go on a run now that kobe is out?"
    Umm... lol

1. No one anticipated the Lakers being given a franchise player for Kwame Brown by their former star. If you asked anyone if Kobe could win again on a super stacked up team no one would say no.

2. If you think Kobe from the last five years was anything close to prime Kobe you're fooling yourself. Fact.

3. The Lakers DID go on a run when Kobe was out. They were 7-3 in the 10 games before he came back and then the losing started. Losing Nash also helped them suck even more. And now it's just tankapalooza. If you're a lakers fan though that's not a bad thing in this draft.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    OP doesn't have the right to judge other people on Kobe-related issues.
    Didn't read OP's post, but this is pretty much everything there needs to be said in this thread.

They hate Kobe cos he's super duper cute compared to other players like LeBron, etc..

Their just mad their idol is ugly..

Dunking on everybody in the park

The funny part to me is when people use the "NBA/media trying to create someone to surpass Michael Jordan" as an excuse as to why Kobe is overrated. They do the same thing with Lebron James...does that make him overrated too?

Truth is, there will never be another Michael Jordan the same way there will never be another Kobe Bryant to the same way there will never be another Lebron James. People can compare, compare and compare all day long but you can't compare these players fairly. They're all different and even if Kobe modeled his game after MJ like so many others...the two are different people. Stop comparing...stop hating...and stop propping your player up above other players. Just enjoy what your favorite player can do instead of enjoying "rubbing it in the faces" of other fans in an attempt to be "cool" on an internet message board full of people trying to do the same thing.