Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Tony Parker is the best point guard in the NBA

where does nick young rank?

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Parker and CP3 both get an absurd amount of passes whenever they come up short. Parker especially.
    Parker is a 28th pick who has been a key piece in winning 3 championships, its not that he gets passes, its that he greatly surpassed expectations, he wasnt supposed to be the "chosen one"

Decent playground baller Bobby13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    This bullsh!t about Paul in the playoffs needs to stop, he averages 21/9.5/5/2 in the playoffs with the 6th highest playoff PER of all time.

The only reason why Parker's teams have been more successful is because instead of playing with David West and Vinny Del Negro he plays with Duncan/Manu/Pop who are all more important than him. That doesn't mean he's better, it means he's LUCKIER.

Parker wouldn't even make the playoffs with Paul's NO teams. One dimensional system PG.
    Sixth-highest PER in the playoffs without playing a single meaningful playoff game in his entire career. When Paul actually leads his team into a meaningful, competitive playoff series and wins, you can call him the #1 PG in the league. Right now WB and Parker are both better than him.

he is top 3 but I would still take paul or westbrook over him

Eh, no. CP3 is miles better. One of the most underrated players on this forum. I'll take Westbrook too.

(sorta) OT - IMO Duncan still needs to be SA's best player for them to contend.

Don't get me wrong, I like Parker and enjoy watching him play, but I think the player he's painted as is a bit off from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    But CP3 is the best playmaker in years. His IQ is off the charts.
    I agree on this section. CP3 is highly overrated especially since he never experience a conference final game in his career, but his playmaking, heart and IQ has won people over through the years as being the best since 2008. Another reason why people overrate him is because his potential is damn well amazing, and him being in the west makes it even more tougher for him. He can do it,its just that he have to try better, and his teammates especially blake have to try extremely hard.

Parker is a great point guard who have proven himself with 3 titles and being 1-time finals mvp in 2007. He's just not the best point guard overall and especially not this season, theres better overall point guards then him thus far, but dont worry spurs fans tony is not that far from taking that spot.

NBA Superstar

How is CP3 a better playmaker than Rajon Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    How is CP3 a better playmaker than Rajon Rondo.
    he is, just imagine if CP3 had a big three besides him on his team? How better would he be? Rondo is good but he definitely had a lot of help.

NBA Superstar

Use the watchable boxscores they have now, CP3 gets gifted like 4-5 assists every game from the stat keepers

Saw a basketball once

I cant stand that "parker is good because of spurs' system".

If Parker was playing for another team, he would get at least 2 or 3 more assist per game and his PPG would be much higher. It is BECAUSE he is in spurs' system, a system that encourages extra pass and "teamplay", that Parker is not putting way better stats.

Parker > Paul and has been for ages.

Local High School Star

Who is Parker playing again ? 39 year old Duncan and 37 year old Ginobili?

Chris Paul is an overated piece of Sh!t. He ballhogs every possession to pad up his assist.

Chris Paul will get knock the F U C K out again in the first round again but will people will rank him the best PG even if he gets blown out in the first round because some of his fans are getting their orgasm to the maximum level thinking about Chris Paul Stats.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

The way I see it is Chris Paul has much more talent, but Tony Parker is more skilled and maximizes his talent.

I guess another way of saying it would be Chris Paul playing at his absolute peak is better than Tony Parker at his absolute peak.

Chris Paul doesn't maximize his talent; among other things he plays on ball way too much and doesn't look to score when he has a clear match up advantage despite Paul having some of the best handles in the league and being a very good scorer.

Let's be real. Tony Parker is great. A HOF player for sure. Chris Paul has never had the talent that Parker has with the Spurs. Tim Duncan and Manu are HOF players. Blake Griffin, while hyped as a superstar, is simply not anywhere near Tim Duncan. Manu in his prime is one of the clutchest performers I've ever seen. Tony Parker couldn't make any of these Clipper teams into champions.

So it isn't some giant gap between Parker and Chris Paul.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Let's be real. Tony Parker is great. A HOF player for sure. Chris Paul has never had the talent that Parker has with the Spurs. Tim Duncan and Manu are HOF players. Blake Griffin, while hyped as a superstar, is simply not anywhere near Tim Duncan. Manu in his prime is one of the clutchest performers I've ever seen. Tony Parker couldn't make any of these Clipper teams into champions.

So it isn't some giant gap between Parker and Chris Paul.
    We dont know that. It is pure speculation. TP's stats would be way higher if Duncan and Manu werent there. Had he been in another team, he would still be a HOFer but also probably an undisputed superstar as well.

NBA Superstar

This Just In:

Water Is Wet