Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Where will the Wiggins for Love trade go down in all time worst trade lists?

Even if we fail to win a chip with Love, it won't be worse than the Worthy trade.

Default Re: Where will the Wiggins for Love trade go down in all time worst trade lists?

I'm still not convinced Wiggins will ever be as good as Love.

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    I'm still not convinced Wiggins will ever be as good as Love.
    That's why no one here values your opinion on anything.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I was fervently against trading Wiggins at the time, basically because I had fallen in love with the idea of having a Kyrie/Wiggins combination for the next decade-plus, but seeing how the Cavs are playing right now and the way Wiggins is being given the keys to the TWolves franchise, it was probably the right move for both sides.

The Cavs are now legitimate title contenders with statistically the best starting five in the league and Wiggins has the freedom to find his way and show flashes on a truly horrendous team. He was never going to get that here. The pressure would have been on from day one and the Cavs wouldn't be even close to as good if you swapped out Love for Wiggins.

So, to answer OP's question.... it doesn't rank.

Very good NBA starter

People act like Love will be a 3rd option forever.

Lebron should only have 3 more years of prime ball left. By then Kyrie and Love should be leading the Cavs. Love will only be 29 and Kyrie only 25

NBA lottery pick

Never liked the trade.

Something tells me love is going to get exposed even more I'm the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I was fervently against trading Wiggins at the time, basically because I had fallen in love with the idea of having a Kyrie/Wiggins combination for the next decade-plus, but seeing how the Cavs are playing right now and the way Wiggins is being given the keys to the TWolves franchise, it was probably the right move for both sides.

The Cavs are now legitimate title contenders with statistically the best starting five in the league and Wiggins has the freedom to find his way and show flashes on a truly horrendous team. He was never going to get that here. The pressure would have been on from day one and the Cavs wouldn't be even close to as good if you swapped out Love for Wiggins.

So, to answer OP's question.... it doesn't rank.
    The Cavs starting 5 ranks better than the Warriors now? Damn.

Also can't believe how Cleveland fans are defending this deal just because their team has been on a good stretch now... Who is to say that Kyrie/Shump/Wiggins/LeBron/Mozgov couldn't be doing the exact same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Never liked the trade.

Something tells me love is going to get exposed even more I'm the playoffs
    he will defensively, thats for sure. for some reason certain fans of teams haven't yet realized that you don't win championships with key players who only play offense or defense though.

If they dont win this year and he leaves, one of the worst. If he stays, not anywhere near one of the worst

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    The Cavs starting 5 ranks better than the Warriors now? Damn.

Also can't believe how Cleveland fans are defending this deal just because their team has been on a good stretch now... Who is to say that Kyrie/Shump/Wiggins/LeBron/Mozgov couldn't be doing the exact same thing...
    Yes, it does rank better since the trades were made to sure up the interior and SG positions. Statistically, Irving-Smith-James-Love-Mozgov has been the best starting five in the league according to ORtg and DRtng.

What alternate universe are you living in where things are still messy in Cleveland? They've won 16-of-18 games, the vast majority of which in blowout fashion. This is widely seen as a legitimate title contender now... maybe even the favorite.

Love is part of the reason why. Not much more needs to be said.... except that he just turned 26 and has many prime years left.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    If they dont win this year and he leaves, one of the worst. If he stays, not anywhere near one of the worst
    even if he stays, it's all about what wiggins becomes... he is having dominant stretches as a 20 year old rookie and thats as a two way player...

Not even sure why people are acting like Love is a better fit with Cleveland either. Their downfall in the playoffs is going to be defense and Wiggins could certainly help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    Not even sure why people are acting like Love is a better fit with Cleveland either. Their downfall in the playoffs is going to be defense and Wiggins could certainly help with that.
    I would have kept Wiggins, because i think he's a future superstar, but i'm not sure if he could help them defensively at the 4.
    What he certainly cant reproduce is Love's rebounding and long range shooting.

If they had kept Wiggins, we would be talking about how they they need rebounding and a big with the ability to stretch the floor.

The overrating of Wiggins has begun, apparently. Luckily, the only thing people love more than building a player up is tearing him apart when he doesn't live up to ridiculous expectations. Wiggins is a fine prospect, but the Cavs are competing for a title this year. His game is much better suited to mature quietly on a bad team where very few people are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yes, it does rank better since the trades were made to sure up the interior and SG positions. Statistically, Irving-Smith-James-Love-Mozgov has been the best starting five in the league according to ORtg and DRtng.

What alternate universe are you living in where things are still messy in Cleveland? They've won 16-of-18 games, the vast majority of which in blowout fashion. This is widely seen as a legitimate title contender now... maybe even the favorite.

Love is part of the reason why. Not much more needs to be said.... except that he just turned 26 and has many prime years left.
    You want an award for winning 16 out of 18 games? Good teams do things like that all the time. If you told me before the year that Cleveland wasn't going to do something like that, I'd be surprised.

Sorry, trading Wiggins for Love was stupid. Love is by no means a better fit and will absolutely not be the better player moving forward.

Cleveland fans riding the highs of the season, thinking they got some super great 3rd option in Love when the reality is they'd be much better off come playoff time with someone like Draymond Green or Serge Ibaka as their 3rd option...