Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Roberts Rebellion

Roberts Rebellion

Mad king Aerys has called for the heads of Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. Each of whom has fled the Vale and returned to their homes.

You, the player, can continue the path laid out before you in the books or re-write history.

The North - Starks
    The Vale - Arryns
    Storms End - Baratheons
    The Reach - Tyrells
    Dorne - Martells
    The Crownlands - Targaryens
    The Westerlands - Lannisters
    The Riverlands - Tullys

You have 10 rounds to make allies and enemies, to conquer or to lose.

The head of every realm must send me a pm at night to tell me what moves they want shown in the morning and what moves they are making behind everyone's back.

You must decide among your allies who will be king and queen, hand, etc..

you are all given an army scaled down from the actual numbers in the book.

The North has 15 units
    The Vale has 15 units
    Storms End has 15 units
    The Reach has 15 units
    The westerlands has 15 units
    The Riverlands has 15 units
    Dorne has 15 units
    Kings landing has 15 units

You may split up your units leaving some home for defense or all home for defense likewise you may move all your units out for conquering or only a fraction of your force. The higher number will win the fights. [COLOR="Green"]Also, you only can move units to countries they border.[/COLOR]

How the action happens. When a nation or nations decides it will move to attack they will first attack the open region, if they are victorious then they must attack the capital to take over that region. Each capital has 20 units to defend. If your capital is taken, you're out of the game and conquered. Conquerors will decide who will sit as head of the capital. Whoever is involved in the sacking of a capital will receive 15 units. The new units must start out in your home region.

If you lose an attack, your army is sent home you will receive reinforcements after one round. Be wary on your attacks, should you be sent home weak or leave no body home to defend your realm, other countries may decide to attack and take over while you're out fighting.

You can choose to take over the iron throne or just neighboring countries declaring yourselves king of a region.

Contact with the three eyed crow! Sometime during the day you must send me the finalized order of all your plans (for that turn, you are encouraged to backstab as many times as you feel necessary..) If you want it announced you're moving an army but really you're not, I will announce that your army has advanced and only once a battle begins will I announce that in fact there is no army there (but you must tell me!). This should make you want to keep open lines of communication with everyone.. just in case.. or are they lying to you??

I don't have all the heirs right now, I'm sure we can figure it out along the way. This isn't a finished product but it should serve as a way for future games.

After 10 rounds.. we'll see.. we can continue the game or just let things land where they land.
    Last edited by Anti Hero; 02-05-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: Roberts Rebellion

Battle scenario

Let's say the Tullys and Lannisters are allies, The Tullys may send 5 units to help defend pressure from the Tyrells openly attacking the Lannisters. Through PM the Tully representative lets me know that they have exchanged pm's with the Tyrells and are turning their cloak. Tully lets me know they are moving their army into place in the westerlands.

We now have 5 units of the Lannisters out harassing. 10 units of Lannisters defending. 5 units of the Tullys in the westerlands to help defend. and 15 units of the Tyrells advancing to the Westerlands.

The next round when the battle happens, I will announce that the Tullys have turned their cloak and helped defeat the Lannisters in the open realm. Tullys and Tyrells can choose to sit and wait in the Westerlands waiting for more re-enforcements, immeditately attack the capital (to prevent Lannister forces from remassing.)

The Tyrells could play the Tullys even further by sending me a PM to let me know they will then take out the Tullys 5 units etc.. etc..

Anything you can think of to do, it's up to you. Play the long game, or play the short game.. but remember, when you play the game of thrones you either win or die.

Banned

I like it. Seems like something that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I like it. Seems like something that can be done.
    How do we make it stream line... do you think the numbers are good? I pm'd dunksby for help too.

Banned

No idea but dunksby seems like the perfect person to ask...lol.. hes as big a fan as any.

How do we pick who we align ourselves with? PM's also?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    How do we pick who we align ourselves with? PM's also?
    Yes you can use pm's and/or the thread. But you must tell me about all that you plan.

Banned

We should start whatever we end up doing on Tuesday... I'm busy till then

Sorry for the late reply, I lost my connection in the middle of the night for no reason. I'm down for the game obviously just wanted to point out that the Reach should have at least 20 units and the North at best must equal the Westerlands army strength wise. KL should have at most 5 units but have 30 defending the city to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Sorry for the late reply, I lost my connection in the middle of the night for no reason. I'm down for the game obviously just wanted to point out that the Reach should have at least 20 units and the North at best must equal the Westerlands army strength wise. KL should have at most 5 units but have 30 defending the city to make up for it.
    I understand why you'd do that, but I actually think for the sake of the game we should make them all even. I was thinking of giving everyone 15 units across the board. I know that the armies varied much more in the books. Who ever gets the Targs with only 5 army is only going to be able to defend.

Last edited by Anti Hero; 02-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I understand why you'd do that, but I actually think for the sake of the game we should make them all even. I was thinking of giving everyone 15 units across the board. I know that the armies varied much more in the books. Who ever gets the Targs with only 5 army is only going to be able to defend.
    That's the advantage and the disadvantage to picking/getting KL, I mean cause the moment we start the game everybody is gonna be mostly neutral minded. Then it does not matter how big of an offensive or defensive army you have since you gotta find allies and if you don't you are ****ed and will be wiped off anyway. To be clear, let's say I get KL, knowing my strengths and weaknesses what I do is I recall my loyal subjects and try to win the Reach primarily then the Westerlands. It's the same case with everyone cause you have to have friends or lose badly.
    ETA: It's Robert's rebellion after all, rebels gotta come and get KL and the throne's subjects should repel them, so the defensive advantage and the offensive handicap makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    That's the advantage and the disadvantage to picking/getting KL, I mean cause the moment we start the game everybody is gonna be mostly neutral minded. Then it does not matter how big of an offensive or defensive army you have since you gotta find allies and if you don't you are ****ed and will be wiped off anyway. To be clear, let's say I get KL, knowing my strengths and weaknesses what I do is I recall my loyal subjects and try to win the Reach primarily then the Westerlands. It's the same case with everyone cause you have to have friends or lose badly.
    ETA: It's Robert's rebellion after all, rebels gotta come and get KL and the throne's subjects should repel them, so the defensive advantage and the offensive handicap makes sense.
    Okay.. I guess I can fux with that.

Banned

Lovin it

Any questions, concerns or tweaks? Is it ready for beta? is it ready for gogogo?
    Last edited by Anti Hero; 02-03-2013 at 04:21 PM.