Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Bernie Sanders would allow Terrorists, Rapists, Murderers, or any felon to Vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsq8JcJ2254

What do the level-headed Democrats of ISH think about this? How would a victim of the Boston Marathon bombing feel knowing that someone who has committed so much harm to others is allowed to influence policy from behind bars?

Default Re: Bernie Sanders would allow Terrorists, Rapists, Murderers, or any felon to Vote

saw that .. bernie proving he's going senile

Default Re: Bernie Sanders would allow Terrorists, Rapists, Murderers, or any felon to Vote

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    saw that .. bernie proving he's going senile
    I think what's more telling is that Kamala Harris was asked the same question based on Bernie's response, and she avoided giving a straight answer by saying that we should have a conversation about it.

No, no we shouldn't.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Explain to me the nature of your objection to the people who run the country having a conversation about aspects of democracy.

People talking bothers you even if they come to the conclusion that they don

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Explain to me the nature of your objection to the people who run the country having a conversation about aspects of democracy.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Explain to me the nature of your objection to the people who run the country having a conversation about aspects of democracy.

I mean look at how Bernie prefaced his response. He prefaced it by saying that there are forces at work in the Republican Party who are actively trying to suppress voters.

That just isn't true in the slightest.

So Bernie is using that false accusation to drum up some emotion, so that when he says everyone should have the right to vote, everyone in the audience agrees and claps, cause in the back of their mind they're thinking that the big bad Republicans want to suppress voters.

Classic trickery. Low-IQ voters will fall for it.

Don't blacks make up a large portion of the prison numbers and felons? And don't they blindly love the democrats for some reason?

Sensing a trend here

Democrats obviously believe that criminals lean Democrat.

Good college starter

America's Founding Fathers were idiots. Imagine giving common folk the right to vote! What insanity! Only nobles with the breeding, culture, education, and wealth should be allowed to run the country.

So we literally have three new voter groups that would start voting after 2020 if a Democrat takes office.

1. Prisoners
    2. 16 years of age and up
    3. Illegal immigrants

All three voter groups being championed by mostly all the Democratic candidates.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

It's historically been a state issue but I believe there should be a unified rule.

And personally I believe that if you are a citizen of this country, no matter what you do or have done, you should have a right to vote that is automatically restored if your debt to society is paid off.

I think most states allow felons to vote after they have paid their debts to society, some make them file to get that right back, some states permanently ban, and some states let you vote no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    America's Founding Fathers were idiots. Imagine giving common folk the right to vote! What insanity! Only nobles with the breeding, culture, education, and wealth should be allowed to run the country.
    The founding fathers actually didn’t give “common folk” the right to vote. There were actually pretty strict requirements for who qualified to be able to vote.

I know you’re being sarcastic, but even in being sarcastic the point isn’t accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    It's historically been a state issue but I believe there should be a unified rule.

And personally I believe that if you are a citizen of this country, no matter what you do or have done, you should have a right to vote that is automatically restored if your debt to society is paid off.

I think most states allow felons to vote after they have paid their debts to society, some make them file to get that right back, some states permanently ban, and some states let you vote no matter what.
    Do you think felons

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    They didn't let women vote though or anybody who didn't own land