Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Kevin Love have a comeback season in 2019-20

I think Kevin Love has to be healthy and have another good scorer to help him out. I know he had heart problems which led to him losing a lot of weight but I hope he can find a way to correct that. If he put on just a few pounds he will definitely be unstoppable like before. What u think about his chances next season?

Default Re: Will Kevin Love have a comeback season in 2019-20

We need chubby K Love back. That’s when he was at his peak

[QUOTE=atljonesbro]We need chubby K Love back. That

20/15 every game while winning at most 35 games. That is Kevin Love

He will be lucky to be in the league next year, Lebron destroys the heart, soul, and body of all the PFs he plays with.

I thought this year was his breakout homecoming

"1st option Minnesota Love is back, no more spot ups"

2017: 20 ppg, 44%fg, 5.6 3pa
    2019: 17 ppg, 37%fg, 7.0 3pa

yikes

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    He will be lucky to be in the league next year, Lebron destroys the heart, soul, and body of all the PFs he plays with.
    You have a point? You think he puts voodoo on them or something??

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He's a jumpshooting pf that can rebound. That won't change and extra weight won't really help. It's not something you think about because he was never an above-average athlete but at 30 he's lost some athletic ability and even guys that we view as unathletic need some athletic ability. He's 250 pounds, if he adds weight he'll be even less athletic, less quickness. You can't turn him into Shaq with 10 pounds of muscle or whatever he could add in a healthy, positive way and if you are just talking about him putting on as much weight as possible and getting fat that's a terrible idea.

The 38% shooting definitely is notgood enough but Cleveland just has to hope that is about his injury struggles this season and will improve with him hopefully being healthy next year.

But then again they might not even care. The team will almost undoubtedly be heading back to the lottery again unless they get Williamson and he's immediately playing like a superstar. Hate tanking but it works so follow Philly's model and stink for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He's a jumpshooting pf that can rebound. That won't change and extra weight won't really help. It's not something you think about because he was never an above-average athlete but at 30 he's lost some athletic ability and even guys that we view as unathletic need some athletic ability. He's 250 pounds, if he adds weight he'll be even less athletic, less quickness. You can't turn him into Shaq with 10 pounds of muscle or whatever he could add in a healthy, positive way and if you are just talking about him putting on as much weight as possible and getting fat that's a terrible idea.

The 38% shooting definitely is notgood enough but Cleveland just has to hope that is about his injury struggles this season and will improve with him hopefully being healthy next year.

But then again they might not even care. The team will almost undoubtedly be heading back to the lottery again unless they get Williamson and he's immediately playing like a superstar. Hate tanking but it works so follow Philly's model and stink for a few years.
    Yea u right but I was saying probably add a lil more weight in muscle because like u said if he just add fat he will be slow as hell and unathletic. I hope he get back to all star status one day tho.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

yikes
    Interesting that you completely disregarded 2018.

The reason? Agenda.

I'll also go ahead and fix the errors in your above post that I will just assume you figured no one would notice.

Here you go:

2017: 19.0 points on 43/37/87 splits, 11.1 rebounds, 1.9 assists (60 games)
    2018: 17.6 points on 46/42/88 splits, 9.3 rebounds, 1.7 assists (59 games)
    2019: 17.6 points on 38/36/90 splits, 11.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists (21 games)

The Cavs smartly put Love in the semi-permanent bullpen early in the season after it became obvious they weren't going to make a playoff push and it was a better organizational move to get a high lottery pick. They brought him back briefly in February and March before deciding last week to sit him out the remainder of the year.

The Cavs were 7-11 in games he played after returning from his early season injury. That was threatening the Cavs' remaining a bottom three team for draft lottery purposes which seemed absolutely locked before he came back. Also, he and Sexton were really beginning to get a nice rhythm together in his last few weeks.

Love can still play. There was zero reason to put unnecessary mileage on him when the season's real goal is to get one of this year's premier prospects in the draft.

Also FWIW, "Minnesota Kevin Love" no longer exists in the NBA. The game has changed quite a lot from 2012-13. You can't be a high usage 4 with the vast majority of your touches coming from the low post, the nail or the elbow and succeed in the NBA unless you are a freak of nature like Antetokounmpo.

This is "pace-and-space" NBA and your 4 has to be able to take and make a high number of shots from the perimeter. If not that, he better be a great defender who can cover all 5 positions on the floor without breaking a sweat. Love had to transform his game to fit the modern era.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Interesting that you completely disregarded 2018.

The reason? Agenda.

I'll also go ahead and fix the errors in your above post that I will just assume you figured no one would notice.

Here you go:

2017: 19.0 points on 43/37/87 splits, 11.1 rebounds, 1.9 assists (60 games)
    2018: 17.6 points on 46/42/88 splits, 9.3 rebounds, 1.7 assists (59 games)
    2019: 17.6 points on 38/36/90 splits, 11.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists (21 games)

The Cavs smartly put Love in the semi-permanent bullpen early in the season after it became obvious they weren't going to make a playoff push and it was a better organizational move to get a high lottery pick. They brought him back briefly in February and March before deciding last week to sit him out the remainder of the year.

The Cavs were 7-11 in games he played after returning from his early season injury. That was threatening the Cavs' remaining a bottom three team for draft lottery purposes which seemed absolutely locked before he came back. Also, he and Sexton were really beginning to get a nice rhythm together in his last few weeks.

Love can still play. There was zero reason to put unnecessary mileage on him when the season's real goal is to get one of this year's premier prospects in the draft.
    You are going on about his agenda when this entire thread by the retarded street bum Real14 was also an agenda thread? lol. I love how LeBron haters go on about Kevin Love like he ever actually did something before he was even traded to the Cavs. He never once accomplished anything on the Timberwolves in 6 seasons, but put up numbers on a losing team.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You are going on about his agenda when this entire thread by the retarded street bum Real14 was also an agenda thread? lol. I love how LeBron haters go on about Kevin Love like he ever actually did something before he was even traded to the Cavs. He never once accomplished anything on the Timberwolves in 6 seasons, but put up numbers on a losing team.
    I couldn't care less about LeBron. We aren't allowed to discuss Kevin Love as a player now? I know I haven't been on this forum in a while, but when was that mandate passed?

I couldn't care less about LeBron. We aren't allowed to discuss Kevin Love as a player now? I know I haven't been on this forum in a while, but when was that mandate passed?
    Exactly! How in the world is this agenda thread if I'm talking about Love and not Lebron at all?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

What are you even talking about? Clearly you've been gone too long to not realize why OP created this thread in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

yikes