Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Donaghy Says Stern Told Refs To Manipulate 2005 Mavs-Rockets Series

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Well now all it creates is the atmosphere that if someone's team doesnt win, its because it was rigged. Paranoia will be at an all time high.
    which is why stern has to go!

Poor Tracy Mcgrady

Banned

What I don't understand is how Van Gundy Stu Jackson told him about this and yet Stern somehow got away with it. Even after this was reported to the media?

I remember Stern giving an interview during a playoff game where he basically on air threatened Van Gundy and said it was all vicious lies. There has to be some intervention now from Congress or something. People are arguing about Donaghy being a trusted source but this includes Stu Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy also. Jackson may not admit it but Van Gundy already went public with it. And would not van Gundy be able to now sue the NBA for the $100,00 fine and also for defamation of character?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    That Series Should have never got to 7 games. we got some of the worst officiating i have seen in my 16 years as a rockets fan. that was worst then any offciating we would get even in utah in the mid 90's. i honestly after game 3,4 5 suspected something was not right. Dirk and Erica Dampier were setting some of the most dubios supposed screens i've ever seen. they were moving on almost everyone of them. McGrady was getting hit left and right with some astonishing no calls and yao was badly treated that Van Gundy was fined a 100 thou for mentioning it. **** you stern. that rockets team could have gone all the way.
    Can Rockets or Mavs fans that specifically watched all the games in that series cite some specific examples of the egregious calls in that series? I would really like to see them.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    The blazers got screwed in 2000
    No they didn't. They just blew a 15 point lead. It's not like the Lakers were living at the foul line either, they hit a bunch of jumpers.

I agree, that something needs to be done here. Heads need to roll, because I cannot see how you can have a company being ran this way. You could potentially lose waves of fans if people arent strung up over this.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Well now all it creates is the atmosphere that if someone's team doesnt win, its because it was rigged. Paranoia will be at an all time high.
    Statements need to come out with evidence that these statements made by Donaghy are false. The integrity of the NBA is been threathened by a man who is just trying to get revenge and make a quick buck.

How was Yao ref'd differently?
    Differently than they had been reffing him?
    Differently than they were reffing other players?
    Calling things that had not been called in the past, but should have?
    Making up bogus calls?

Yao got played. And til this day, Yao was still officiating differently.

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    Making up bogus calls?

Thats a good question. I wish he was asked to elaborate.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Now do I really look like a man that would pull something like this? I want nothing more than the NBA to be fair and balanced, like fox news. Donaphy simply has an agenda againt myself, and my organization. Van Gundy is just a loud mouthed sore loser. Please stop with the paranoia, it is all for naught.

P.S. Make sure to get your Lakers - Cavs finals tickets early, its gonna be a slobberknocker!

Sincerely,

The Commish[/FONT]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Hmm, I wonder if Van Gundy will back this up.
    I found this on Google, it seems Van Gundy was scared of what Stern threatened him with. Maybe now Van Gundy will speak out again. I'm not sure though because he supposedly has like a $1 million a year job with ESPN and those jobs are a partnership deal with the NBA. So he would be kissing a $1 million a year job away if Stern was still in charge. It seems Stern has to be removed probably before everything can be looked into.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...all&id=6197842

Jeff Van Gundy ultimately backed off comments that a referee told him officials had targeted Yao Ming in the Houston Rockets' 2005 first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks. Maybe Van Gundy was right after all.

The letter alleging referees altered games mentions only the year 2005, but the circumstances make it apparent that it is referring to the Rockets-Mavs series.

"Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's owner complained to NBA officials," the letter said. "Team 3's owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

Mavs owner Mark Cuban complained after his team lost the first two games of the series, and Dallas went on to beat Houston in seven games. Van Gundy said that a working referee had told him about the league's plan. Donaghy's letter claims that Supervisor Z contacted the coach. Van Gundy was fined $100,000.

So the question is then was Supervisor Z in fact Stu Jackson?

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    No they didn't. They just blew a 15 point lead. It's not like the Lakers were living at the foul line either, they hit a bunch of jumpers.
    It seems that the "my team lost, so the game must be rigged" syndrome has already started if ShaqAttack3234 is responding to rigged claims.

Don't ignore Donaghy's statements, David Stern. I want a response. Keeping quiet and keeping others quiet are not good ideas right now.

Lol at this clown Tim Donaghy manipulating everyone. He's trying to get money and benefit his case/word digging into past quotes and controversial games. He heard JVGs comments years back and is now saying the series in itself was fixed...All he's doing is trying to make his 'word' cleaner by giving you fallacies. Don't feed into the conspiracy beast.

Read the ESPN article on Donaughy and how is claims were totally debunked -- point shaving, etc

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...laims-on-trial

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    Making up bogus calls?
    It seems that the official NBA version and Stern's version is that they had to call fouls on Yao when he set screens. This was to start with game 3 of the series. However, Donaghy was asked to clarify if they were to ref Yao differently prior to the series start.

The question of was there smoke and he said "not smoke but a blaze". So I'm not sure what to make of this. It seems starting with game 3 that the refs were supposed to call fouls on Yao's screens, but before the series began they were to single him out also.

Again, we need Rockets and Mavs fans to explain what happened exactly in that series.