Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Default Re: Is Michael Jordan overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    true. but all things being equal, i dont see much of a difference. russel in the modern era would shoot a much higher fg% but his rebounds would be similar to that of rodmans and wallaces avg and he be the great defender that they were.
    His assist averages would most likely be good for a big man as well. Here's a projection of mine of what I think Bill could have averaged in today's game.

15 ppg 50% shooting
    13 rpg
    4 apg
    2.5 bpg
    1.4 spg

Of course, this is all just speculation.

Decent college freshman

jordan is the most arrogant, narcissistic, fake, self absorbed, a-hole to ever player the game as well as the greatest to ever play the game

but he's still a b!tch and a n00b so fu<k him
    Last edited by HighFlyer23; 12-25-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred
    His assist averages would most likely be good for a big man as well. Here's a projection of mine of what I think Bill could have averaged in today's game.

15 ppg 50% shooting
    13 rpg
    4 apg
    2.5 bpg
    1.4 spg

Of course, this is all just speculation.
    im on board. the points might be high in my opinion. id say 10 to 12. and 15 to 17 rebounds and dwight howard like defense on 55% shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    im on board. the points might be high in my opinion. id say 10 to 12. and 15 to 17 rebounds and dwight howard like defense on 55% shooting.
    Yeah, I may have overestimated his point totals. Glad you agree on everything else, though. :)

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You seem to have some fascination with me. You called me out in a random thread before how all my posts are somehow related to Wade and the Heat... Now you go on to talk about Lebron and Kobe and my opinions on the matter...
    You seem to try and conjour up things that aren't there and make other posters look like the bad guy by playing the Sherlock Holmes role. Though honestly you simply come off weird and disturbed...
    I have no fascination with you, sorry to burst a bubble. I had a question, you gave me an answer then and I left it at there.

I am weird. I'm not disturbed in the least though. By the way, is there a problem with someone being weird? It has to be a cultural thing, but where I live 'weird' is something on the neighborhood of 'strange' and not 'like everyone else' and is neither a compliment nor a bad thing. Is being weird a bad thing in the US?

And no, I don't think you are a bad guy.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    You mean the way kobe fans do? They are notorious for this thinking and putting down every other player to prop kobe up.
    Kobe was brought up a few times in this thread. All his mentions have one thing in common: It was always someone else bringing him into the conversation, not me.

Sure you are
    I sure am. I'm here for two things:

1) fun
    2) to take a closer look at the way of thinking

Basketball is a nice topic, because the way of thinking goes way beyond the certain issue (basketball) and at the same time the topic itself is entertaining and not very serious.

So trust me: I'm here to know HOW you guys think. As for WHAT you think... not that important to me. If you listen to me you think whatever you want.

National High School Star

He was. But he wasn't as overrated as Kobe is now.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Kareem was about 34 years old when Magic became the better player. Magic and Bird didn't even play this long. Also, how does having a better teammate make yourself a worse player?
    Kareem was on 3 60+ win teams , won a title, went to the finals and 3 WCF before the Lakers even drafted Magic. Won a 2 more titles and went to 1 finals before Magic became a better player than him.

Still, his own damn teammate had more finals mvp's than him, and no other player has ever had a teammate with as many season mvp's either.
    Kareem was robbed of the 1980 Finals MVP. Magic had an incredible Game 6, but Kareem was the reason the Lakers were up 3-2 in the first place: 33.4 points on 54.9 percent shooting, 13.6 rebounds, 4.6 blocked shots and 3.2 assists in 40.6 minutes per game through the first five games. 40 points on 16-for-24 shooting (66.7%), 15 rebounds and four blocked shots in 41 minutes in a 103-103 Game 5 win.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Kareem was robbed of the 1980 Finals MVP. Magic had an incredible Game 6, but Kareem was the reason the Lakers were up 3-2 in the first place: 33.4 points on 54.9 percent shooting, 13.6 rebounds, 4.6 blocked shots and 3.2 assists in 40.6 minutes per game through the first five games. 40 points on 16-for-24 shooting (66.7%), 15 rebounds and four blocked shots in 41 minutes in a 103-103 Game 5 win.
    Can the Finals MVP be shared between two players? If so, then it should have been done in this case. As good as Kareem's numbers were, Magic's game 6 was amazing. How many times in NBA history has a rookie point guard switched to center for a game six and then lead his team to victory minus their team captain?

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

MJ=greatest there ever was and probably ever will be and anyone old enough to have seen in person knows that and anyone whose balls haven't dropped yet will argue that its not true because
    #1 they did not see
    #2 there ball have not dropped and their IQ is a little weak.