Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Insider: Who's better Kobe vs Lebron

good read, though i disagree. still a good way to break it down

I usually hit open layups

Good read, but wtf is intangibles and pure scoring doing in the argument. Those can't be measured and why leave out street cred, heart, moxie and all the other crap.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    good read, though i disagree. still a good way to break it down
    The text is kinda allright, but why do you need to give out points at the end of each section? It would work just as well with the text, and then at the end of it all the writer (Thorpe) could have concluded that because of what was written he goes with LeBron.

Thopre knew well at the beginning who he has as a winner, so why pretending he was just giving out points and then points 'gave' a winner. Not true. Thorpe thinks LeBron is better and there is no shame in that.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    The text is kinda allright, but why do you need to give out points at the end of each section? It would work just as well with the text, and then at the end of it all the writer (Thorpe) could have concluded that because of what was written he goes with LeBron.

Thopre knew well at the beginning who he has as a winner, so why pretending he was just giving out points and then points 'gave' a winner. Not true. Thorpe thinks LeBron is better and there is no shame in that.
    Agreed. He had a subjective opinion... and then passed that subjective opinion off as a point based metric. meh...

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    Agreed. He had a subjective opinion... and then passed that subjective opinion off as a point based metric. meh...
    I thought it was a well-written article, and a good read. I disagree with the results though. Lebron won because he is a better shooter than Kobe and a better team player? Both of these I answered in my previous post how ridiculous it is, the ball is always in Lebron's hands that's not team basketball.

I disagree with the results though.

I have no problem with the results but I don't like the method.

Giving out points at the end of each section makes it look 'more official' and 'objective' but in reality it is nothing more than a #1 and #2 thing (10 points vs. 9 most of the time). If I want to tell you who I think is better than someone else, I don't need such numbers. I need numbers only if I want to prove something... and being the best player in the league cannot be proven.

So basically Thorpe wrote a pretty good article and it was unnecessary to have those points. Should have said he picks LeBron and leave it at that.

As someone who doesn't have insider, thanks for the post man. Was hopin to read it but then saw the insider sign and was like #@@# lol

Banned

Don't they write this kind of article like every two weeks?

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quasimoto
    Don't they write this kind of article like every two weeks?
    No, two weeks ago it was Kobe vs. Jordan.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

The better shooter thing killed any point made after that....

shhhhhhh

so he points out lebron makes those around him better but only talks about passing really.. not wanting to take the time to look it up i ask, who on the cavs or lakers is having their best season ever or showing continued growth on the court?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    so he points out lebron makes those around him better but only talks about passing really
    LeBron probably is the better passer of the two, but # of assists is not a good way to show that, as in the triangle assists are well distributed (and low) for any particular player, and Kobe is the leader in that category on the Lakers.

Thorpe prefers LeBron and it's okay with me, but the way he goes after the issue is a bit 'meh'.

You can't call someone a better jumpshooter based on stats in the first month and a half of the season.. by this measure, Trevor Ariza was the best 3pt shooter in the league since he shot like 48% in the playoffs. Is Lebron a better 3pt shooter than Ray Allen? He's shooting a better percentage so far..

shhhhhhh

LeBron probably is the better passer of the two, but # of assists is not a good way to show that, as in the triangle assists are well distributed (and low) for any particular player, and Kobe is the leader in that category on the Lakers.

Thorpe prefers LeBron and it's okay with me, but the way he goes after the issue is a bit 'meh'.
    well you knew which way it would swing that right off the bat when he writes

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpe
    Advanced stats clearly favor LeBron. On the other hand, NBA players say almost unanimously that Kobe is the game's best.

My task is to deliver a verdict using statistics and on-the-court evidence

he whiffs on "On the other hand, NBA players say almost unanimously that Kobe is the game's best."

BINGO.

"oh surprise, Lebon leads by 2 points!" give me a break...