Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 AM   #31
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation
Default Re: Who's for Kobe going to the Chicago Bulls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
problem is if Kobe goes to the Bulls, they don't get better. at all. the Bulls are clearly a team with gaping holes... which of those holes does adding Kobe fill? exactly, none. makes no sense.

KG's better, KG is a much better fit, that's what I want to see.

Kobe makes the Bulls instant championship contenders and the team to beat in the East. Only an idiot would say that they won't be a "better" team with him on the roster.

The Bulls would only part with Gordon, Thomas, Bown and probably their #9 pick for Kobe. The Lakers can ask for more but they're not gonna get ****.

Hinrich
Kobe
Deng
Nocioni
Wallace

You're telling me that team is not better than last years Bulls team?

p.s. Garnett is a LOSER who is content on staying a LOSER.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 AM   #32
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I wouldn't mind Kobe being a Knick. Seeing how I'm moving to NYC at the end of the year, gives me something to look forward to. Unless by some miracle, the Franchise comes back. I miss him.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #33
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Kobe makes the Bulls instant championship contenders and the team to beat in the East. Only an idiot would say that they won't be a "better" team with him on the roster.

The Bulls would only part with Gordon, Thomas, Bown and probably their #9 pick for Kobe. The Lakers can ask for more but they're not gonna get ****.

Hinrich
Kobe
Deng
Nocioni
Wallace

You're telling me that team is not better than last years Bulls team?
did you not read my post?

the Bulls are not going to have Hinrich/Kobe/Deng as their backcourt next year. that is my guarantee to you. from the heart. on my grandma's grave, I swear to you on all that is holy, you can bet your life on it, if the Bulls get Kobe they are giving up Hinrich or Deng. 100%.

but if you want to go into hypotheticals? if the Bulls are able to pilfer from the Lakers a top 5 player with just his 6'3 poor man's version? yes, you're right, switching Gordon with Kobe makes the Bulls better. you can have that.

Quote:
p.s. Garnett is a LOSER who is content on staying a LOSER.
ok..
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #34
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Kobe makes the Bulls a lot better. He gives them that star power, a go to guy and someone to put them over the top.
Since they overpaid for Ben Wallace who is aging but has a huge contract, it might be a smart idea to go after Kobe and stop the youth movement because the best would be to use Wallace wisely because otherwise he"ll be an obstacle with his contract if the Bulls continue to go young.
Wallace needs to be used now and in the next 2-3 years.

Kobe does that for the Bulls.

Anyway, this is the deal I suppose would go down.

Gordon
Duhon
T. Thomas
Nocioni (s$t)
#9 pick

for

Kobe
some filler

That sounds like the best possible deal for both teams IMO.

I'd love the Lakers to get Nocioni. Guy is so underrated that it's scary.
He's a 15 ppg scorer and brings that tough attitude to the team. Not to mention that he's a great defender but it's his tough attitude that's a real asset.
Add him, Gordon, a 20 ppg scorer, two solid players in Duhon, Thomas and a top 10 pick and I say the Lakers are in good shape. They also have 2 decent 2nd round picks.

I've said it before and I"ll say it again that no matter how much it hurts, the trade of Kobe is the best solution for both him and the Lakers.

The Lakers could absolutley be in a great position if for the next year they add Gordon, Nocioni, L.Head, Duhon, T.Thomas, #9 pick, MLE...
Plus, don't forget the improvement from youngsters, especially Bynum.

I like that. They could actually have a better team than last season.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #35
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Kobe makes the Bulls a lot better. He gives them that star power, a go to guy and someone to put them over the top.
Since they overpaid for Ben Wallace who is aging but has a huge contract, it might be a smart idea to go after Kobe and stop the youth movement because the best would be to use Wallace wisely because otherwise he"ll be an obstacle with his contract if the Bulls continue to go young.
Wallace needs to be used now and in the next 2-3 years.

Kobe does that for the Bulls.

Anyway, this is the deal I suppose would go down.

Gordon
Duhon
T. Thomas
Nocioni (s$t)
#9 pick

for

Kobe
some filler

That sounds like the best possible deal for both teams IMO.

I'd love the Lakers to get Nocioni. Guy is so underrated that it's scary.
He's a 15 ppg scorer and brings that tough attitude to the team. Not to mention that he's a great defender but it's his tough attitude that's a real asset.
Add him, Gordon, a 20 ppg scorer, two solid players in Duhon, Thomas and a top 10 pick and I say the Lakers are in good shape. They also have 2 decent 2nd round picks.

I've said it before and I"ll say it again that no matter how much it hurts, the trade of Kobe is the best solution for both him and the Lakers.

The Lakers could absolutley be in a great position if for the next year they add Gordon, Nocioni, L.Head, Duhon, T.Thomas, #9 pick, MLE...
Plus, don't forget the improvement from youngsters, especially Bynum.

I like that. They could actually have a better team than last season.

I would agree with the above trade being the most likely, but I don't want the Lakers to throw in the #19. They shouldn't have to.
Also, Noci is 5 years older than Deng. Plays with a big heart, but otherwise cannot compare (which is why Deng won the starting job).

If no trade goes down before July 1st, look for the above trade to happen thereafter (if any).
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #36
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Noc is 28. He's good for at least 5 more years. Give him a $40 mil over 5 years contract. I believe he's worth that much and he'd accept it.
The guy is incredibly underrated and he does everything the Lakers need.
He's tough as they come, he defends very well, athletic, good shooter, smart.
I wouldn't be too dissapointed as a Laker fan with Noc instead of Deng and ditto as a Kobe fan.
Deng is obviously more talented, has more upside and is already an outstanding player but Noc is a stud as well.

Both are definite starters and great player however Noc is a great role player while Deng is on his way to become a star player so clearly Deng is superior.

But Noc as a consolation prize....is nothing short of great IMO.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #37
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

8 million a year for Nocioni? I'd let him walk instead of paying him that much. He's not getting more than the MLE anyways.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #38
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I totally agree with geewiz the Lakers would not trade Kobe without Hinrich or Deng in the deal. There is no way the Bulls could really consider either of those 2 player’s untouchable when trading for Kobe. They might try to say that to gauge how desperate the Lakers are in trading Bryant but I would be willing to bet that the Lakers brass would not budge on a move if one of those 2 weren’t included. The funniest trades I have seen have the Bulls keeping Hinrich, Deng and Big Ben but still managing to pull off a trade for Kobe
(and people say some Laker fans make unrealistic trades)
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #39
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I wouldn't mind Kobe being a Knick. Seeing how I'm moving to NYC at the end of the year, gives me something to look forward to. Unless by some miracle, the Franchise comes back. I miss him.
i live in nyc, don't like kobe, and don't like the knicks (grew up in new england), but i agree. it would a blast to have kobe on the knicks. and let's face it - they could trade their entire starting lineup for him and might actually get better.

i'd still rather him go to chicago. if the bulls can retain kirk and deng and get kobe, it's worth it. if not... depends on the total package.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #40
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Deng is untouchable if Im chicago.....I like Hinrich alot, but he's a guard and kobe would double his out-put (on offense at least)...

Nocioni I like too, but he's a hustler and a good shooter, for a big man I'd like to see more post game out of him...Very valuable player tho

The lakers should consider tyrus thomas and the rookie the bulls got from the sixers (thasha or whatever his name is) those guys look like they'll be gems in the future

just my take
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #41
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
8 million a year for Nocioni? I'd let him walk instead of paying him that much. He's not getting more than the MLE anyways.

A guy like Tayshaun Prince has a deal starting at 8 million and ending at 11.

Tayshaun averaged 14.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg and 2.8 apg in 36.6 minutes a game.
Nocioni averaged 14.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg and 1.1 apg in 26.5 minutes.

With his production and all the intagables, I say Noc is woth much more than the MLE. 8 million a year for him sounds about right to me.

Nocioni is a very valuable player who still hasn't showed his best because he doesn't get more than 25 minutes on the Bulls but I'd actually say that at 8 million a year he isn't overpaid.

Playing 30-35 minutes a game, he's fully capale of playing great as a starter and deserves much more than the MLE IMO.
8 million sounds about right. I'd offer him that.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #42
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
A guy like Tayshaun Prince has a deal starting at 8 million and ending at 11.

Tayshaun averaged 14.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg and 2.8 apg in 36.6 minutes a game.
Nocioni averaged 14.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg and 1.1 apg in 26.5 minutes.

With his production and all the intagables, I say Noc is woth much more than the MLE. 8 million a year for him sounds about right to me.

Nocioni is a very valuable player who still hasn't showed his best because he doesn't get more than 25 minutes on the Bulls but I'd actually say that at 8 million a year he isn't overpaid.

Playing 30-35 minutes a game, he's fully capale of playing great as a starter and deserves much more than the MLE IMO.
8 million sounds about right. I'd offer him that.

Nocioni isn't close to Prince. If the Pistons want to swap players I'd gladly do it.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #43
clayton
Banned

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Bulls were playing "great" every playoff. Only problem I think is Ben Gordon's clutch factor and offense aggressiveness. And his jumper isn't even as effective and unguardable like Kobe's.

1) Ben Wallace needs to practice freethrow everyday!!!

2) Bulls need a leader.

3) Ben Gordon is good, but replacing him with Kobe is an upgrade.

4) Deng needs to improve handling skills, thus improving his style of play.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #44
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see why the lakers should have to give up there 1rst rounder in this trade. We are giving up a prime Kobe Bryant!
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #45
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Nocioni isn't close to Prince. If the Pistons want to swap players I'd gladly do it.

Yes, statistically he is close and he does it in only 25 minutes a game.
Both are intagables guys and don't hurt you on way possible plus Noc is tougher.
If a guy like Prince is getting payed, you can easily make the argument that Noc deserves the same amount of money.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: