Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #46
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: 1st Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsgy0372
Ok understand this i didnt have any time to really watch the Bulls games this year i caught maybe about 21 of the first games or something like that.

So if you could fill me in on why everyone wants/thinks that Ben Gordon will be gone next year because im confused when I was glancing at his stats it didnt seen like he did too bad this year just a little off year maybe.

But anyways here is what i think the Bulls should do with the 1st pick, Draft Beasley.

After taking Beasley i think they should trade for a better PG than Hinrich. I think they should trade like Kirk and someone else for a young guy like Jose Calderon on Toronto. I think he is a better point guard than hinrich hes young and he still has a lot of potential in my eyes. He also is pretty good at spreding the defense and moving the ball around the floor and that would compliment Beasley and get Gordon some good open shots occasionally well i think.

That said our line-up could look like this if it plays out like that
PG-Calderon
SG-Gordon (if he stays??)
SF-Deng
PF-Beasley
C-Noah

Bench (depends on who would be included in the trade if anyone would be)-
Nocioni, Thomas, Sefolosha, Hughes, and Gooden

That would be a great team in my view. Either way though im good with Rose or Beasley. I would like Rose better if I thought he fit the team better because he will defiantely be one of my favorite players in the NBA

Why do we want to get rid of Gordon? Because he is a backup that will never be starter material, but wants starter money. Some team will overpay him this offseason, and I hope Paxson doesn't let his mancrush for Gordon cause him to match the offer. He can't play defense, rarely passes, and can't finish at the rim...but enough about Gordon.

The trade you mention would never happen, because TJ Ford is making about the same amount as Hinrich for the next two years (3 if he exercises the option in his contract). They won't pay two point guards more than $10 million/year - that's just crazy. They could move him to SG, but it just doesn't seem like something they would do, especially since they love Calderon. If Toronto trades a PG this offseason, I would expect it to be TJ Ford, but I don't want him...too much risk involved.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #47
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

Default Re: 1st Pick

ive been a bulls fan when i was still studying.. michael jordan gave me chills watching his games he can literally take over.. Derrick rose may have the highest upside among the draftees but i tell you of all the draftees Beasley is the only one that gave me chills with his performance beating kansas i will not forget that game. Imagine what he can do for the bulls this year if he gets drafted which is what chicago should do. i am not saying he will take the bulls to the finals right away but he will provide what the bulls need for sure.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #48
Chitown sports
Saw a basketball once

Personally, we can't go wrong with either Beasley or Rose, as both are very impressive. The true test will be the additional moves the Bulls make and the nice thing is the Bulls' current roster provides a lot of options. There are a couple things I would like to see happen; let me know if you agree or disagree. I would like to see the Bulls remain young and athletic and figure out the Ben Gordon situation (positionless).

Also, what free agents are available?
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #49
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown sports
Personally, we can't go wrong with either Beasley or Rose, as both are very impressive. The true test will be the additional moves the Bulls make and the nice thing is the Bulls' current roster provides a lot of options. There are a couple things I would like to see happen; let me know if you agree or disagree. I would like to see the Bulls remain young and athletic and figure out the Ben Gordon situation (positionless).

Also, what free agents are available?

The only free agents that would be worth going after all have early termination clauses in their contracts, so we will have to wait to see if they exercise those or not. Guys like Jermaine O'Neal, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, Shawn Marion, and Allen Iverson. This could be a huge offseason if 4 or 5 of these guys opt out, but the money just isn't out there, so I would bet that most would stay with their current teams. If we can woo a top FA before the draft, it would certainly help Paxson's decision with the #1 pick.

Antawn Jamison and Beno Udrih are the only for sure unrestricted FAs that I would consider going after. Iguodala is a RFA, but I'm pretty sure Phili will match any offer from another team. Biedrins and Ellis are also RFAs, and I wouldn't mind either of them. Josh Smith is a RFA, but I think he will stick with Atlanta.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #50
NBAFan24445
Saw a basketball once

I'm in favor of Beasely with this pick. Derrick Rose is a strong player but Beasely gives the type of 20-10 potential the team has been lacking since dealing away Elton Brand. While I like Derrick Rose I found a pretty good article that rips him up a little bit on Sportsomniac
NBAFan24445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #51
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAFan24445
I'm in favor of Beasely with this pick. Derrick Rose is a strong player but Beasely gives the type of 20-10 potential the team has been lacking since dealing away Elton Brand. While I like Derrick Rose I found a pretty good article that rips him up a little bit on Sportsomniac

It's too bad that Beasley and Rose play different positions, because it is extremely hard to compare their games. Beasley is the better scorer and rebounder, and I'd say he has more range on his shot, but Rose is a better passer, ballhandler, game manager, and definitely has the edge in intangibles. You would expect a great post player to average 3-4 assists/game. Shaq has done that throughout his career, as has Tim Duncan. Beasley averaged 1.2 assists/game last season. With all the attention he was getting on a nightly basis, you would think he could at least get a couple assists to wide open guards. In the games I watched, it seemed like he was forcing the issue instead of trusting his teammates to help out. Granted, I only saw the precious few games that were on national TV, but that's what I observed.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #52
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
It's too bad that Beasley and Rose play different positions, because it is extremely hard to compare their games. Beasley is the better scorer and rebounder, and I'd say he has more range on his shot, but Rose is a better passer, ballhandler, game manager, and definitely has the edge in intangibles. You would expect a great post player to average 3-4 assists/game. Shaq has done that throughout his career, as has Tim Duncan. Beasley averaged 1.2 assists/game last season. With all the attention he was getting on a nightly basis, you would think he could at least get a couple assists to wide open guards. In the games I watched, it seemed like he was forcing the issue instead of trusting his teammates to help out. Granted, I only saw the precious few games that were on national TV, but that's what I observed.

Did you observe who he was playing with? Bill Walker and that is it. And it's pretty hard to get assists from a guy who is going to create his own shot as well. If Beasley would of had Hoskins (who was injured) he would of got a few more assists because he would of been able to dump it off to him.

I hate how Beasley wouldn't really pass the ball much early in the season, but after seeing him in person a few times, I realized his guys never really moved or squared up, they just watched him so it's not like he could pass the ball much - and when he did they missed a lot of the shots.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #53
Go Getter
Wild 100's

bump
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #54
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Man it's unbelievable how many people were not confident in Rose. Well this season he has really catapulted himself to the elite level and he's only going to get better. How many people would pick Beasley now over Rose?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #55
Rose
good scorer

I told ya so~!

Except...not in this thread
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #56
RandyOrton
OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
bump
good bump
RandyOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #57
jasonresno
Banned

We should draft Rose.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
step_back
College superstar

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

The amount of people who thought Timberwolves trading Mayo for Kevin Love was another bone head move from the FO and look at how that turned out.

Rose was the right decision but we easily could have drafted bealsey. Maybe this gives us some insight into actually how hard it is to scout good talent that will excel your whole team.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #59
SinJackal
Banned

I thought we should take Beasley back then too. I was wrong about that though. Rose has clearly developed into a better player than Beasley will ever be. For some reason, Beasley still doesn't rebound. He can score now like we always thought he could, but he's not rebounding enough and isn't playing great defense.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: