Page 159 of 166 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Marc J. Spears: The Lakers have agreed in principle to trade guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a second round draft pick to the Pistons for guard Reggie Bullock, a source said.
    Looks like the Lakers added some outside shooting to put around Lebron. Wonder what this does to the rotation. Clearly Bullock is going to be a part of it, whereas Svi was not. Bullock is an expiring contract but I could see LA possibly resigning him next season if the money is right. They must have another trade on the way to clear some playing time for some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Looks like the Lakers added some outside shooting to put around Lebron. Wonder what this does to the rotation. Clearly Bullock is going to be a part of it, whereas Svi was not. Bullock is an expiring contract but I could see LA possibly resigning him next season if the money is right. They must have another trade on the way to clear some playing time for some of these guys.
    Not bad. He might be replacement for KCP. Makes me wonder if KCP is on the move next, perhaps with Ingram?

I'm hoping it will be Beal. Wizards just moved Porter. We will know soon enough.

NBA lottery pick

Kinda weird they moved Beasley and Zubac for Muscala. I guess Muscala can shoot. Zubac was playing well though. I think it just paves the way for what we all have feared. It opened up a roster spot for the buyout market. I think that would likely mean Carmelo Anthony. I guess it could possibly mean DeAndre Jordan but I doubt the Knicks do that. I think Melo is coming to LA.

Uhhh.. Can someone make sense of Beasley, Zubac for Mike Muscula? Muscula is a pretty good shooter but nothing special. Not worth giving up Zubac.

I have a feeling these are all moves based around LeBron. Lakers are changing strategy by going back to adding shooters. Initial strategy was playmaking and defense, but now we are going towards shooting and spreading the floor.

BTW I do not want Carmelo to take the open roster slot. I'm worried that decision may have been made already. That's what LeBron has been pushing for since Houston sacked him. We need to understand Melo is not the Melo of 4-5yrs ago..

I'm also disappointed we could not get Beal and/or Ariza from Wizards. Those would have been game-changers.

Well, we are stuck with Ingram at 2-guard, which he doesn't fit. We added couple decent shooters. Hopefully we can also get our team chemistry back into shape and return back to what we were until LeBron went down on Christmas day.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

I'm wondering if Zubac was collateral damage in an effort to get rid of Beasley sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by EllEffEll
    I'm wondering if Zubac was collateral damage in an effort to get rid of Beasley sooner rather than later.
    Beasley could have been bought out or waived. Why give up Zubac on an expiring contract anyways? Beasley had just 3.5mill due on single season contract. No need to add Zubac on top.

Kanter and Markieff Morris both passed up on the Lakers..

I fear Lakers will end up with Melo..

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Kanter and Markieff Morris both passed up on the Lakers..

I fear Lakers will end up with Melo..
    If they really wanted Melo, they would have snagged him before the trade deadline.
    The biggest question is what kind of Lebron are they going to end up with for the last 25 games?
    Great line by Jalen Rose-

[QUOTE]LeBron has to be MVP-level dominant for the Lakers to make playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If they really wanted Melo, they would have snagged him before the trade deadline.
    The biggest question is what kind of Lebron are they going to end up with for the last 25 games?
    Great line by Jalen Rose-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYLJinW2h8

It's going to be extremely tough to win 20 out of 25 games, realistically, for me they win 17 it has to be perfect as in nobody in the core miss games and play at the high level both offense and defense. They HAVE TO MAKE SHOTS, Lebron's teams's success before are predicated on his teammates being accurate from the 3pt area.
    Our schedule gets a tad bit easier in March compared to 2nd half of January/February, but still not easy by any means. We blew a lot of games against scrub teams that could have provided us some cushion room, but we have no such cushion room now.

Only positive is Clippers weakening. We have to get past Kings, which is very much doable.

We are losing games and LeBron busy posting about his stats... https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVQZ77AhWM/

Bit disappointing. I always criticized LeBron for this, and he hasn't changed.. LeBron isn't playing well overall since the injury and needs to look at himself in the mirror before constantly calling out others. Ingram and Kuzma are playing well. Especially Ingram, who has been tearing it up.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

While we still theoretically have a chance to make the playoffs it doesn't look too good. We have the 2nd hardest schedule among the 6 - 11 seeds and the Kings and Jazz have really easy schedules to close the season out.

We face the Kings and Clippers a few more times, I think the Jazz as well, so those are must wins

Ingram didn't play due to a sore shoulder in a must-win game.. You have got to be kidding me. Take a couple advil and maybe even a cortisone injection, play limited minutes if you need to but not play at all due to a sore shoulder?? Unbelievable. I honestly think they gave up rather than go down swinging, and it's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Ingram didn't play due to a sore shoulder in a must-win game.. You have got to be kidding me. Take a couple advil and maybe even a cortisone injection, play limited minutes if you need to but not play at all due to a sore shoulder?? Unbelievable. I honestly think they gave up rather than go down swinging, and it's disappointing.
    I am probably wrong about this but I think Magic over cuddling these young players before had something to do with it. BI and Lonzo missed a combined 53 games last year and they could have easily played more games if Magic was not over protective.
    When I saw Lonzo got injured and was pronounced he'll be out 3-5 weeks, I FREAKING KNEW it's going to be longer.
    Lebron was listed day to day, and ended up missing more than a month.

We saw yesterday that playing hard overcomes lacking in talent department in 2nd half.. We had Jonathan Williams, Wagner, LeBron, Hart, Caruso bringing us to a 2pt game before they got tired. We missed so many free-throws as well, as usual.

Lakers badly need to bring in players who play hard and can make freethrows.