Page 112 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lakers get a second interview with Aldridge today. Can the Lakers re-pitch him??
    I'm shocked to hear that. He must really want to play close to his home.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Lakers get a second interview with Aldridge today. Can the Lakers re-pitch him??
    Source?

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Source?
    it's everywhere. i still doubt we get him though, he's going to either phoenix or SA

NBA lottery pick

Phoenix just made a trade with Detroit to clear most of the cap space they needed. It looks like he's headed to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Source?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...203047702.html

It looks like only Mitch and Byron will meet with him to discuss the on court direction. like dd24 said, LA must really have wanted to come to give another chance. I doubt it works, I think the damage is done. But we will see if they can make magic.

NBA lottery pick

He must have already had a relationship of some kind with Kobe too. All that garbage that people said about it being Kobe's fault I don't believe. They live in the same area. I'm sure they go to the same places that rich NBA guys would. It's just during the season Lamarcus can't go to his house as much obviously.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/3/.../p2p-83921506/
    The effort was improved, but Aldridge apparently wasn't "wooed by it," according to a person familiar with the meeting

Should they start going after David West?

I think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    http://touch.latimes.com/#section/3/.../p2p-83921506/

Should they start going after David West?

I think they should.
    David West wants to go to a contender, possibly Spurs or Washington.

Tobias Harris was the last guy who could have been a solid addition to the Lakers and now he is re-signed in Orlando. What a disaster of a start to free agency. There is no one who is really a player who can be a part of the teams core left.

This is a real eye opener for the Lakers front office (I hope). I hope they realize they are living in the past and just being the Lakers is not enough. Jim Buss has mismanaged this team ever since he picked Dantoni over Phil. Now they are living in the consequences of his failure.

Lakers don't seem to have a definitive plan. They have young guys, but still want those big free agents. Its like they want to compete and rebuild at the same time and that never works.

Now the Lakers are stuck in the same situation as last year. They need to spend their money somewhere and need to fill the roster. Bums are going to make some good money on one year deals playing for the Lakers this year.

Tobias Harris was the last guy who could have been a solid addition to the Lakers and now he is re-signed in Orlando. What a disaster of a start to free agency. There is no one who is really a player who can be a part of the teams core left.

This is a real eye opener for the Lakers front office (I hope). I hope they realize they are living in the past and just being the Lakers is not enough. Jim Buss has mismanaged this team ever since he picked Dantoni over Phil. Now they are living in the consequences of his failure.

Lakers don't seem to have a definitive plan. They have young guys, but still want those big free agents. Its like they want to compete and rebuild at the same time and that never works.

Now the Lakers are stuck in the same situation as last year. They need to spend their money somewhere and need to fill the roster. Bums are going to make some good money on one year deals playing for the Lakers this year.

What Really Pisses me off, is that there were reports that said that the Lakrs had "learned from the last 2 years of Free Agency, to not put all their eggs in one basket. Meaning, they waited too long for Melo, and Mkssed out on other guys because they waited"

They said this year would be different. It wasn't.

I'm fine with not getting LMA, DJ, Etc. but what pisses me off, is that why didn't the Lakers through Money at 22 yr old Tobias Harris. Seriously. A pretty complete SF who does a little bit of everything (not saying he's a superstar) but the guy will be a star, playing and growing with Clarkson, Randle, Russell. I mean, Guy signed a 16 Mil/Deal. Seriously. We aren't talking 25 Mil!! And with the Cap increasing, over 40%, that would be the equivalence of a contract in the 8-9 Mil range for him. That's not bad.

Another thing, Dude, Why not sign Ed Davis??? Same as above. With the New TV deal, that's like a 5 Mil contract for a guy like Ed Davis, a LEGIT Big. Give him a 3 year deal. A True reliable Back up, who can start for you. A just true rotation Big, that is the Kind of Big you need Off the Bench to be competitive.

I would have been so Happy if we have these contracts out.
    Ed Davis 3 Yrs/21 Mil
    Harris 4 Yrs/ 64 Mil

Smh.

Seriously, Im expecting Mitch to explain why they dropped the Ball

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    What Really Pisses me off, is that there were reports that said that the Lakrs had "learned from the last 2 years of Free Agency, to not put all their eggs in one basket. Meaning, they waited too long for Melo, and Mkssed out on other guys because they waited"

They said this year would be different. It wasn't.

I'm fine with not getting LMA, DJ, Etc. but what pisses me off, is that why didn't the Lakers through Money at 22 yr old Tobias Harris. Seriously. A pretty complete SF who does a little bit of everything (not saying he's a superstar) but the guy will be a star, playing and growing with Clarkson, Randle, Russell. I mean, Guy signed a 16 Mil/Deal. Seriously. We aren't talking 25 Mil!! And with the Cap increasing, over 40%, that would be the equivalence of a contract in the 8-9 Mil range for him. That's not bad.

Another thing, Dude, Why not sign Ed Davis??? Same as above. With the New TV deal, that's like a 5 Mil contract for a guy like Ed Davis, a LEGIT Big. Give him a 3 year deal. A True reliable Back up, who can start for you. A just true rotation Big, that is the Kind of Big you need Off the Bench to be competitive.

I would have been so Happy if we have these contracts out.
    Ed Davis 3 Yrs/21 Mil
    Harris 4 Yrs/ 64 Mil

Smh.

Seriously, Im expecting Mitch to explain why they dropped the Ball
    A 40% increase is actually more like an 11m deal in current market.

But anyway.. correct me if I'm wrong, but LAL keeps their pick in 2016 if it is top 3, yes? I'd rather have a top 3 pick than 30yo Aldridge at the max. Leonard and Butler are the only two players I would have wanted more than the top 3 pick.

FYI, to explain why I changed my tune... just learned the other day that the pick was top 3 protected.

NBA lottery pick

There's no way the Lakers end up with a top 3 pick next season.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's no way the Lakers end up with a top 3 pick next season.
    whos going to want to sign here if we end up in the bottom again?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    whos going to want to sign here if we end up in the bottom again?
    Good question lol.

No way we end up with a top 3 pick next year.

This team,

C- Hibbert
    PF- Randle
    SF- KB
    SG- Clarkson
    PG- Russell

---
    SF- Nick Young
    PF- Kelly
    C- Sacre
    SF- Anthony Brown
    PF- Nance
    C- Sacre
    PF/C- Black
    C- Upshaw

Might have growing pains, but it'll actually be competitive. Especially with KB and Roy there. Add Clarkson who's entering year 2 (Contract Year) and Juilius who's ready to Blow and D'Angelo who should impress year 1, and this should be a 8-11 Seed in the West.