Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default We finna act like Rondo wasn't one rebound away from another Trip DubZ?

You fellas need to put away the hate for just a second and appreciate this marvel of a player. To come back from the setbacks he has had the last few season and to perform at such a high level is a testament to the fact hes one of the highest iq players of all time with unprecedented passing ability and competitive fire.

Default Re: We finna act like Rondo wasn't one rebound away from another Trip DubZ?

Default Re: We finna act like Rondo wasn't one rebound away from another Trip DubZ?

Wow he scored 10 points

Does he still pad his assists numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    inb4 people say he is a "stat padder"

rondo is basically playing for a second chance in the nba here after that disaster in dallas, nobody wanted him, but now he is playing fantastic and proving he can be a legit starter, hopefully to either resign in sac or go to another team....
    Ofcourse Rondo is a legit starter. The problem is Rondo fans are obnoxious. They will insist Rondo is a top 5 PG in the world.

#1 assist leader.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Ofcourse Rondo is a legit starter. The problem is Rondo fans are obnoxious. They will insist Rondo is a top 5 PG in the world.
    >leading the league in assists
    >leading the league in trible doubles
    >not top 5 :|

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

whats his vertical?

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    >leading the league in assists
    >leading the league in trible doubles
    >not top 5 :|
    I agree with everything here

Quote Originally Posted by dabigbaws
    whats his vertical?
    a clean 38 inches in his prime, sure, not at that total elite level but given his wingspan a more than adequate vertical. Keep in mind I am only critical of Westbrooks vertical because he plays like a SG and not like a true PG therefore his athleticism (which is clearly lacking given his pedestrian 36.5 inch vertical) is very important should he be effective into old age (which he won't be).

NBA lottery pick

There's a 30 for 30 about this guy's free throw shooting and it just has to happen someday!

I was at Kentucky when Rondo played for us. The guy was this other worldly talent that Tubby Smith just would NEVER use right. I recall one year he had a 19 rebound game to start the season, he was a point guard and pulled 19 rebounds???? He then comes into the league and with his alien like wing span is instantly a legit defensive threat and he is almost instantly paired with KG...another mutant.

He's a massive introvert to the point I'm still not sure how he's able to even go out and play in front of cameras and he hasn't gotten any better at that since college.

But now it's just weird, the guy literally plays the game to get stats. He almost doesn't seem to care if he's winning, just wants the numbers. He almost looks like he's toying with people. Yet suddenly he can't hit a free throw. I mean the guy was never good, so we're not talking about a closer in baseball who just lost it. But 2013 he shot 64.5% on 93 attempts compared to 39% these last two years. What's worse is he's changed his game up to just avoid even going to the line to the point that he's getting stats but hurting his team at times.

Forget the basketball, I want a 30 for 30 when this guy retires to discuss one of the most unique and weird athletes of this generation.

FYI he's at 44.2% at being in the hall of fame based on basketball reference's system. I'm not even sure what I think about that one.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    a clean 38 inches in his prime, sure, not at that total elite level but given his wingspan a more than adequate vertical. Keep in mind I am only critical of Westbrooks vertical because he plays like a SG and not like a true PG therefore his athleticism (which is clearly lacking given his pedestrian 36.5 inch vertical) is very important should he be effective into old age (which he won't be).
    Guys decline athletically in old age. The biggest indicators of long careers, minus just not getting hurt, are often shooting skills and rebounding ability. He's got one of them...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    But now it's just weird, the guy literally plays the game to get stats. He almost doesn't seem to care if he's winning, just wants the numbers. He almost looks like he's toying with people. Yet suddenly he can't hit a free throw. I mean the guy was never good, so we're not talking about a closer in baseball who just lost it. But 2013 he shot 64.5% on 93 attempts compared to 39% these last two years. What's worse is he's changed his game up to just avoid even going to the line to the point that he's getting stats but hurting his team at times.
    Exactly. If not for his long arms he'd be a joke attacking the rim because of how afraid he is to actually go to the line. How can a guy who loves attacking the rim only average 1.4ftas on 12.5 fgas?...because he's afraid to get to the ft line and avoids its at all cost. I don't know why people keep bringing up his stats either...the team is 6-10, so who the hell cares what his stats are? He's doing it on a losing team. Like I said in a previous thread...the Kings will find out just like the Mavs did that running the offense through him is not conducive to winning unless you have Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen...and you know what? Starting with the 2010 season...the more control they gave him the worse the offense got. Since he can't shoot worth a shit he's actually a detriment to an offense if he doesn't have the ball in his hands as no team is going to respect his shooting and just play off him.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-26-2015 at 09:53 AM.

10 point triple doubles are pretty lame.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Exactly. If not for his long arms he'd be a joke attacking the rim because of how afraid he is to actually go to the line. How can a guy who loves attacking the rim only average 1.4ftas on 12.5 fgas?...because he's afraid to get to the ft line and avoid its at all cost. I don't know why people keep bringing up his stats either...the team is 6-10, so who the hell cares what his stats are? He's doing it on a losing team. Like I said in a previous thread...the Kings will find out just like the Mavs did that running the offense through him is not conducive to winning. And if he doesn't have the ball in his hands he's absolutely useless offensively since he can't shoot worth a shit.
    i still think he has some value. Though not at a 20+% turnover rate....

The kings are just such a terribly constructed team though. I mean...it's hard to get mad at a guy chasing stats on a team just not built for anyone to work together.