Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Otis Smith's offseason master plan...

as they would no longer be able to clear capsace to sign the top FA outright and the top FA's previous team would have no incentive to do a S&T.
    Sorry for not following, but what was the incentive and how does it get taken away?

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    i haven't seen a lot of orlando games except the stinkers in the playoffs this past season. how good is nelson? do you feel like he's the right playmaker to put with shard and dwight?
    I think Jameer would be better suited to come off the bench and be the shoot first option that he is. Similar to Earl Boykins he can come in and light it up and not be too concerned with running the offense which is certainly not his strong suit. That being said PG was my first priority for the Magic this off-season.

Lewis is ok but too much like Turk to justify $9M more/season. Especially if that signing causes them to not be able to re-sign Darko. Battie, Bo Outlaw and Pat Garrity will not cut it anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bk33
    Sorry for not following, but what was the incentive and how does it get taken away?
    Well...

If the Magic can't clear capspace, then they can't sign the top free agent from the other team. In which case, the team of the top free agent would have no reason to do a sign and trade.

The reason they have to do a sign and trade with the Magic now, is because the Magic can clear all the capspace they need at the drop of a hat with the position they're in... and instead of losing their free agent for nothing, they can get expiring deals, probably future picks and unload a contract they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    Well...

If the Magic can't clear capspace, then they can't sign the top free agent from the other team. In which case, the team of the top free agent would have no reason to do a sign and trade.

The reason they have to do a sign and trade with the Magic now, is because the Magic can clear all the capspace they need at the drop of a hat with the position they're in... and instead of losing their free agent for nothing, they can get expiring deals, probably future picks and unload a contract they don't like.
    and why would the Magic wanna give up picks and take on bad contracts? it doesn't give them any more cap room.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bk33
    and why would the Magic wanna give up picks and take on bad contracts? it doesn't give them any more cap room.
    *sighs*

Because if they don't do it via S&T, they can't retain Darko because they will have to renounce him completely to clear the capspace to sign Lewis outright.

Banned

I think the Magic should go after Maggette.....and make sure they resign Darko by signing/trading their expirers to Seattle (garrity, arroyo or dooling).

Maybe:

Hedo + Diener

for

Maggette

Corey just doesn't seem to fit on the Clippers....he would be a great fit in Orlando.

Hedo might be able to start over Tim Thomas over there and Travis Diener would give LA some much needed PG help.

Best case scenario:

Nelson
    Maggette
    Lewis
    Darko
    Dwight

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

How is Milicic worth taking on Lewis at that price?

Learning to shoot layups shirkkan's Avatar

Default Lewis in Orlando

It seems that Rashard Lewis is going to play with Magic next season.

Which numbers do you think he will have?

In my opinion, he will decrease his rpg (this is Howard's aim ), but he could improve the ppg from 22 to 28.

What do you think?

Saw a basketball once

Post Re: Lewis in Orlando

I think he will be about 26 ppg but he will help Howards ppg rise becasue teams wont be able to throw double teams at him everytime because Lewis will make them pay.....Hopefully

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Lewis in Orlando

i think he's gonna lead the league in scoring since he came to Orlando :

National High School Star

yea i dunno i think his scorings gonna decrease towards 19 ppg or something we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by shirkkan
    In my opinion, he will decrease his rpg (this is Howard's aim ), but he could improve the ppg from 22 to 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    yea i dunno i think his scorings gonna decrease towards 19 ppg or something we'll see

23-24ppg seems realistic.
    Yes, he got 22 ppg last year, but Allen was injured and he was on a contract year...

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by shirkkan
    Dwight is a great guy. Interesting to hear that he aims to lower a teammate's stats. I aim to out live my 8 year old neice.

Lewis will never average 28 a season, 26 is a real push.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

[QUOTE=Se

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    i think JJ Reddick's gonna improve...
    He can't get worse