Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

Got our second game in our social league tonight, games at 7pm. It's an ok time, but its sorta too early to have dinner, but too late as in I'll feel hungry before the game. Hopefully my misses has bought some bananas to have before the game.

Got mad butterflies though, haven't felt so nervous in along time.

Had a 3 hour session on Saturday, half court pick up games to 11. Played pretty good. Hit some big shots and made some big plays. Had a sick Iso, cross left to right then a pull up fading right with the D in my face, splash all net.

Then had a mixed game on Sunday night. Scoreboard was down, which is a bit frustrating.
    Played well again though against much taller opponents, ended the first half down by 1.
    I took over at the start of the second, scoring multiple fast break buckets in a row. Fatigue started kicking in late in the second half, and most of my shots rolled out. Lay ups and all, so I just looked more to facilitate. We ended up winning by 10.

I'll look to do a more detailed write up, probably later in the week. Until then, happy Balling!!!

Game today we were up 32-12 at the half, ended up losing by 1 on a free throw after the buzzer! Brutal finish.

Decent playground baller L3B120N J4M35's Avatar

Me and my cousins ran a 4v4 at the Y yesterday against two athletic guys who were lightning quick and tall. Us being the underdogs, we ended up winning but it was tough. Whenever we play, I always hear people watching saying stuff like, They better not lose to these guys and oh my god they won? Do you guys like being underestimated (if you are)? I hate it, but then when we win its satisfying.

Also, what are some ways to become better on defense? I definitely need to work on my quickness and strength. Any tips?

Man, oh man, oh man

Our game on Tuesday was a bit terrible. We just couldn't hit anything.
    Again, we found ourselves 5-17 at the half. I was 0-4 on fg and had only hit 1-2 ft.
    My bro was 0-4. And our bigs were missing everything.

Every one was so down at the half, so I was trying to lift their energy, get some passion going. Our team is more defensively minded, but we were flat, getting out rebounded multiple times.

I started bench in the second half, I cringed watching the team operating with out me. My brother did what he could, but no one was moving, at all. it was ugly. The other team started a small run on us which hurt.

Down by 17. 16 minutes left, I checked in, Our main C checked out. I mixed it up a bit. I pumped the fast break to the max, pushed it at every second.
    I dragged my team mates with me, If they couldn't keep up, I told them to sub.

Next thing we were on a major run, I was pushing the ball leading to multiple 3 on 2/1 breaks, then making no look passes to the cutters for easy lay ups, catching the other team off guard. I hit a bank shot and a floater.
    We clawed back into it, the next thing I know, I look at the score board and were down by 1. The very next play, I pushed the ball, had our PF on my left, chucked a sweet on handed no look, and he finished it sliding in next to the ring.

Up one with 1:00 left. They came down the floor, they got a good look inside, our C grabbed the board and immediately dished to me on the baseline. The D was pressing hard, I threw a pass fake and got space to dribble out, once clear, took my time and used the clock. We kicked it around the top until we had 10 seconds left on the shot clock.
    I called for it and swung it to the right quickly where my bro was open for a mid range J. He hits it Kobe style, 1-9 fg and puts us up by 3 with 15 seconds left. The other team chucked a quick 3, air ball, I got the rebound in traffic, banged it off my knee, out of bounds as time expired.

It was an amazing win. 2 Clutch wins in a row for this team, our goal next week is to score more than 5 points in the first half haha

thanks for reading, later peeps

Saw a basketball once Hollowman's Avatar

I'm the starting SG for the club I play for, having a solid season. However, I had to miss the last 2 games due to work commitments. I come back last night for the next game and I'm benched and got very limited minutes

I suck dude, it's hard to play against good players when you have no discernable skills and terrible handles.

Some group of 4 dudes came to the park I go to and straight up wrecked us every single game, even after I stopped playing the best players at my park were getting destroyed too. These were like ****ing teenagers, feels bad man and they probably get more ***** than my grown ass self.

Gonna play basketball this coming afternoon. I had bronchitis, and I just recently recovered.

We just played 3 on 3. My team won.

Learning to shoot layups

Played 3 on 3 today, and god it was bad, me and my brother did alright but the other kid on our team could not play defense and kept going for bad steals, then I got fouled any time I tried to move, the kid was shoving me away from the basket and putting both hands and forearms on my back, but early in the game he tried to shoot a three and thought I was far enough away from him that I could not block it, it was about halfway between him and the basket, 1 step and then my gather, pretty much grabbed the ball out of the air and threw it on the ground my brother had a nice block when one of the other guys was driving in, he always hooked the arm, and his teammate set a illegal screen, the other guy went for a lay in and my brother went through the screen and knocked the ball out of bounds like he was Dikembe Mutumbo

Had a grading game last night in my social league.
    We were versing this new team, and as soon as they got there, I knew we were in for a long night.
    The team we were versing were all refs. And just like I thought, refs protect refs Not to mention we were missing one of our top scorers and also every guy on the other team was tall and long.

We lost 23-50. I was getting doubled as soon as I touched the ball, and we were flat out getting man handled, no calls at all. I had 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes, and I rarely foul. I average .10 fouls a game per season that's how little I foul.
    I also got called for a tech just for smiling at a ref after he ignored a obvious foul, I faked this dude out, and rose for a J, and the guy full bodied me. They ref was like 'his arms were straight up.' Didn't even check his friggen body taking me out. So frustrating. Everyone on our team is like, what'd you say? but I said absolutely nothing, just smiled, that was all

Oh well, onto next week, it was only grading anyway. It's hard to stay focussed on getting better after games like that.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Had a grading game last night in my social league.
    We were versing this new team, and as soon as they got there, I knew we were in for a long night.
    The team we were versing were all refs. And just like I thought, refs protect refs Not to mention we were missing one of our top scorers and also every guy on the other team was tall and long.

We lost 23-50. I was getting doubled as soon as I touched the ball, and we were flat out getting man handled, no calls at all. I had 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes, and I rarely foul. I average .10 fouls a game per season that's how little I foul.
    I also got called for a tech just for smiling at a ref after he ignored a obvious foul, I faked this dude out, and rose for a J, and the guy full bodied me. They ref was like 'his arms were straight up.' Didn't even check his friggen body taking me out. So frustrating. Everyone on our team is like, what'd you say? but I said absolutely nothing, just smiled, that was all

Oh well, onto next week, it was only grading anyway. It's hard to stay focussed on getting better after games like that.
    Damn that must be annoying..

that bolded part tho It doesnt matter if he has his hands up, you just cant touch the shooter if hes going straight up.

Good luck next time.

NBA Superstar

Played 2 on 2 to 21. These niqqas couldn't hold me. I hit 5 threes (counted them as twos) and then finished off with some drives and finishes.

Fell to my knees towards the end but kept the dribble going and stood up and hit a fadeaway for the win.

Shit was too easy

Banned

played with like 4 junior high kids and 4 dudes in their thirties plus me and my homey who are about halfway between the two. if everyone at or below the median scored at or below the median and half the thirty somethings set the high and low, how many points did the other two thirty somethings score combined?

Learning to shoot layups Diegio's Avatar

Played pick up basketball with a group of friends and had a blast with it.

For the first time i managed to shake someone left-to-right, right-to-left etc 4 times consecutively. It felt real good and motivates me to work on my dribbling even more

Banned

sometimes I dribble against the wall, other times I lay on my back and just flick the ball into the air wit a lot of spin. Other times I'll just watch girls volleyball and hide my erection with the basketball