Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Dame Lillard = Wade with a jump shot

Dame Lillard = a short prime Wade with a jump shot

This is my take having watched half a game of Lillard for the first time ever.

Which is pretty good I guess. I like his game, strong drives, seems likeable and a good leader, unlike wade.

Default Re: Dame Lillard = Wade with a jump shot

Watching him yesterday vs. Denver, thought about that too

Not that he is D-Wade. Or even "better". Just similar.

The way he was splitting double's and finishing is like Wade circa 2006-2011.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Watching him yesterday vs. Denver, thought about that too

Not that he is D-Wade. Or even "better". Just similar.

The way he was splitting double's and finishing is like Wade circa 2006-2011.
    Yeah, not comparing how good is he is, but game is similar, just shorter. He moves strong and uses his strength well to shield the ball and split doubles as you say.

Not surprising Lebron tried to recruit him

Lillard isn't as strong or athletic as Wade. Wade was an athletic freak.

Dame has very good skills but he isn't close to Wade as an athlete.

I think they are pretty close height wise.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Lillard has been doing this since he entered the league his rookie year.

By the way, he played 4 years in college iirc.

Wade didn't have great range on his shot but he was always confident shooting and shot a very high percentage from inside the 3 point line.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

What **** take.

They play nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    What **** take.

They play nothing alike.
    Agreed. This is 3ball using his alt in an attempt to boost up way to diminish LeBron.

Pathetic

How in the hell do we have all these "fans'' who don't even watch the game?

Naw don't see this comparison at all! Two different yet great players. Donovan Mitchell is the closest thing in the league right now to young Wade. Strong, freak athletic 6'3-6'4 SG who can also play the PG. And Mitchell himself ISN'T on Wade's superstar level yet. In terms of style of play and athletic ability, he's the closest thing

When it comes to Lillard, a bit more efficient Gilbert Arenas would be a better description. They are around the same size. They are score first PG's with tremendous scoring skillsets. Dame is more athletic though. So when it comes to PG's in past eras in their primes, Arenas is the closest comp.

Arenas was sort of the start of the score first alpha dog PG's with a sick blend of handles, range, and slashing. When Gilbert was at his best, there weren't as many score first type PG's in the league. Let alone ones with handles, range, and slashing ability like that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Naw don't see this comparison at all! Two different yet great players. Donovan Mitchell is the closest thing in the league right now to young Wade. Strong, freak athletic 6'3-6'4 SG who can also play the PG. And Mitchell himself ISN'T on Wade's superstar level yet. In terms of style of play and athletic ability, he's the closest thing

When it comes to Lillard, a bit more efficient Gilbert Arenas would be a better description. They are around the same size. They are score first PG's with tremendous scoring skillsets. Dame is more athletic though. So when it comes to PG's in past eras in their primes, Arenas is the closest comp.

Arenas was sort of the start of the score first alpha dog PG's with a sick blend of handles, range, and slashing. When Gilbert was at his best, there weren't as many score first type PG's in the league. Let alone ones with handles, range, and slashing ability like that.
    Not really. Mitchell plays like a poor man's Damian Lillard. He doesn't get to the rim close to enough to be garner any serious kind of comparison to Wade. On that note, even Dame got to the rim more than Mitchell did this season, but not close to enough to compare to Wade either. That's aside from the point that Lillard's not close to as good of a finisher. His 0-3 feet % is pathetic compared to Wade's. There's then the fact that both of these cats are 3pt chuckers. Lillard has basically averaged 8 a game the last 4 years and Mitchell isn't far behind. Even coming into the league now it's hard to see Wade ever being a high volume 3pt shooter.

We move on to defense and the comparisons just become nil. Wade was a solid impact defensive player from his 2nd season on and a great defensive player in his prime. Neither of these guys is even a solid defensive player.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-30-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Not really. Mitchell plays like a poor man's Damian Lillard. He doesn't get to the rim close to enough to be garner any serious kind of comparison to Wade. On that note, even Dame got to the rim more than Mitchell did this season, but not close to enough to compare to Wade either. That's aside from the point that Lillard's not close to as good of a finisher. His 0-3 feet % is pathetic compared to Wade's. There's then the fact that both of these cats are 3pt chuckers. Lillard has basically averaged 8 a game the last 4 years and Mitchell isn't far behind. Even coming into the league now it's hard to see Wade ever being a high volume 3pt shooter.

We move on to defense and the comparisons just become nil. Wade was a solid impact defensive player from his 2nd season on and a great defensive player in his prime. Neither of these guys is even a solid defensive player.
    I'm talking in terms of freak athletic ability and body type that Mitchell is the MOST SIMILAR to Wade in today's game! And I'm saying MOST SIMILAR. That doesn't mean they play exactly the same. If u NOTICED I said Mitchell isn't on Wade's level yet AT ALL! Because he isn't the defender, passer, or dominant scorer YET that Wade was. My point was Donovan Mitchell FOR THE REASONS I pointed out is the closest to D Wade today. I'm NOT SAYING he's close to a prime D Wade yet as a player. The kid is still All Star caliber with a ton of upside though! And he FOR SURE slashes enough to the rack to showcase his freak athletic ability! If u can't see some similarities between Mitchell and Wade, u are blind! HELL even D Wade SAID Mitchell reminds him of himself!!!!

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ll/2192954002/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I'm talking in terms of freak athletic ability and body type that Mitchell is the MOST SIMILAR to Wade in today's game! And I'm saying MOST SIMILAR. That doesn't mean they play exactly the same. If u NOTICED I said Mitchell isn't on Wade's level yet AT ALL! Because he isn't the defender, passer, or dominant scorer YET that Wade was. My point was Donovan Mitchell FOR THE REASONS I pointed out is the closest to D Wade today. I'm NOT SAYING he's close to a prime D Wade yet as a player. The kid is still All Star caliber with a ton of upside though! And he FOR SURE slashes enough to the rack to showcase his freak athletic ability! If u can't see some similarities between Mitchell and Wade, u are blind! HELL even D Wade SAID Mitchell reminds him of himself!!!!

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ll/2192954002/
    Who cares if he showcases his freak athletic ability? My point is he just doesn't plain get to the rim enough to garner any comparison to Wade game wise. In Wade's first four seasons he didn't take less than 37% of his shots at the rim. Last season Mitchell took 26% between his shots at the rim and 22% this season. That fell to 20.5% in the playoffs this season. Wade took 36% of his shots at the rim in the playoffs his 2nd season. If you aren't getting to the rim you aren't comparable to Wade. That's the thing that made Dwyane Wade Dwyane Wade. Mitchell doesn't even attack the rim like him anyway. For the most part he tries to use his length when Wade was a power right at you kind of penetrator. It's why he doesn't get to the line close to as much as Wade. He also doesn't have anything in that 3-10 range like Wade's unstoppable drop shot/floater. Wade shot under 40% from there just once and that was at .398% when he was 36. He's basically been a 45% shooter from that range his entire career even from the beginning. Mitchell shot 34% in that range this season. The worst part about this is he shot 24% of his shots in this range (more than he did at rim) while not being able to do anything from there. I don't care if they have similar builds and athleticism. Their games are nothing alike. Now Damian Lillard is a good comparison for Mitchell.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Mitchell is like Wade if you takeaway Wade'e explosiveness.

Nah. Wade was super explosive. Lillard is 2 inches shorter.

Wade was a better shot blocker. I think a better defender too.

They aren't that similar.