Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Prime Rose vs current Westbrook 1-on-1

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Dude tryna act like Rose is some lockdown defender when he got his shit pushed in by Matthew Dellevedova in a ****ing elimination game
    , do you come to the board high? Rose didn't have his wind back. He couldn't play back to back games well, couldn't do his favorite move or favorite shot since coming back three weeks prior.

Westbrook.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Rose wins 1 on 1.

Rose was THAT good.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    1v1 is all about defense and size/power. It consumes an insane amount of energy compared to team ball.
    dude, one game...one game....and it would probably be over in 10-15 minutes the way these guys score.....both guys could probably score 4 to 5 buckets straights each time they get the ball....it's not like the average ballers needing 30 plus minutes taking millions of shots to get to 21...

I rule the local playground

Thanks for this, it shows that Rose had more muscle mass (4 lbs heavier with less body fat), has a longer wing span and a 3.5" higher vert. It's a good thing they didn't show what these guys were benching, i'm sure it wouldn't look good for Russ.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

I mean yeah, sure, I guess if you're only counting monster games where the opposing PG scored 32+ points and ignoring everything else. I'm sure I could weed through BBR's H2H machine and find plenty of games where an opposing PG had a pretty damn good game against Rose, but that's just a ridiculous and incredibly biased comment to make -- it's biased because you're using setting criteria to fit an agenda and using something as arbitrary as 32 points (and 32 points only and no other statistic) to denote a "monster game" against either player.
    What is ridiculous and incredible is that you didn't do your homework.

Since you didn't come back with anything I will help you out. I see that Paul did play Rose that year. He shot 3 for 10 in their one matchup. The other two elite guards were D Will and Nash at the time. Dwill and Nash played two games against Rose each 24% and 28% were their shooting percentages. Nash missed all 7 of his 3 pointers. Deron, all six of his 3 pointers.

2nd tier guards Rondo never scored more than 14 points in 5 games but did have 19 assist one game early in the year. Rose was very close to doubling Rondo's point production every game. He always had trouble with Rose.

Westbrook shot 7 for 18 against Rose for 15 points in their second game. He had the one big scoring game against Rose - the 28 point game* I mentioned above. Unlike the other guards mentioned here, Russell Westbrook did not guard Rose and that is the general rule even in college. And Rose was wearing out the other guards. *Westbrook not guarding Rose is worth noting because he's the worst shooter of all the guys mentioned here in 2011.

Tyreke had 17 points shooting 35% against Rose. Missed all of his 3 pointers (2?). Tony Parker didn't have bad shooting games but was thoroughly smashed by Rose in both games 33 to 21 in the first game and 42 to 26 in both games. No three pointers from Tyreke or Tony Parker.

All of the big games against Rose (Westbrook and Rondo's assist game) happened practically in the first month when the point guard Rose had to adjust to new teammates, injuries, new coach, new system and learn the many new starting line-ups.

The team had the best perimeter defense where you get the least amount of help. I think Chris Paul was the only one who got off a three pointer as well.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    Thanks for this, it shows that Rose had more muscle mass (4 lbs heavier with less body fat), has a longer wing span and a 3.5" higher vert. It's a good thing they didn't show what these guys were benching, i'm sure it wouldn't look good for Russ.
    True...

lol 4-5% bodyfat .. there is no way that is even remotely possible. 5-6% is for in competition bodybuilders and they can't do cardio at that low bodyfat. More like 10-15, which is excellent for explosion sports.

this shit proves nothing.

Very good NBA starter

Yea and Westbrook is an inch taller with a 1.5" higher standing reach

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    lol 4-5% bodyfat .. there is no way that is even remotely possible. 5-6% is for in competition bodybuilders and they can't do cardio at that low bodyfat. More like 10-15, which is excellent for explosion sports.

this shit proves nothing.
    At first I thought it was really low but after researching its about right. Rose and Brook were teenagers and most PG's are around 6. 3 is unsafe and that's where Draftexpress pretty much has its limits.
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...ercentage.html

I rule the local playground

Yea and Westbrook is an inch taller with a 1.5" higher standing reach
    Yes, we saw what was highlighted. I chose to point out the things that for whatever reason weren't highlighted, you're welcome

Very good NBA starter

Yes, we saw what was highlighted. I chose to point out the things that for whatever reason weren't highlighted, you're welcome
    standing reach wasnt highlighted, you're welcome.

Strong discussion gentlemen.