Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why hasn't there been a legit Islamic terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Because Saudi Arabia and their allies have been buying US arms forever, US has made trillions of dollars from selling arms just to the Arabs. Saudis have probably the strongest lobby in Washington.
    I'm not saying I don't understand that the USA and the Saudis are in bed together. I get that and I've known that for a long time.

What I'm trying to understand is why it is that the Saudis attacked us and we start doing them favors as a result. That literally makes no sense despite tpols' nonsensical laughing.

Is the idea that the US was part of the planning of 9/11 and allowed it to happen and Saudi did us a favor by carrying it out? That's the idea, is it? So that really means the Saudis didn't do it, it means we did it.

Because if someone kills your family members, you don't suddenly go do their bidding... that literally makes no sense and it's the only explanation given thus far. You don't do their bidding... you go and you kill them... unless you asked them to do it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Why hasn't there been a legit Islamic terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I'm not saying I don't understand that the USA and the Saudis are in bed together. I get that and I've known that for a long time.

What I'm trying to understand is why it is that the Saudis attacked us and we start doing them favors as a result. That literally makes no sense despite tpols' nonsensical laughing.

Is the idea that the US was part of the planning of 9/11 and allowed it to happen and Saudi did us a favor by carrying it out? That's the idea, is it? So that really means the Saudis didn't do it, it means we did it.

Because if someone kills your family members, you don't suddenly go do their bidding... that literally makes no sense and it's the only explanation given thus far. You don't do their bidding... you go and you kill them... unless you asked them to do it.
    If they kill a family member you hate or care nothing for and you subsequently get paid out a huge life insurance policy...Starts to make a lot more sense. That is a more fitting analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    If they kill a family member you hate or care nothing for and you subsequently get paid out a huge life insurance policy...Starts to make a lot more sense. That is a more fitting analogy.
    Right, so basically what that means is that the Saudis didn't really do it. It means WE did it, and used them as a vehicle for accomplishing it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Right, so basically what that means is that the Saudis didn't really do it. It means WE did it, and used them as a vehicle for accomplishing it.
    Yes. And to be honest I think that

This is good. I like how you are applying objective logic to this. It seems crazy to me too. But here are the basic facts:

-19 People hijacked the planes. Of those, 15 were from Saudi Arabia.

-Osama Bin Laden, a Saudi Arabian, was the leader of Al Qaeda, the Group that organized the attacks.

-There's actually evidence that the Saudi Royal Family funded Al Qaeda: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...y-and-al-qaeda

-In late 2001, directly after 9/11, the Bush administration began planning for a military intevention in Iraq.

-The Bush family has close ties to the Saudi royal family:
    "A key factor in Bush’s Middle East policies was his friendship with Prince Bandar, the Saudi ambassador to the US. The two men were so close that Bandar was known to pop in unexpectedly at Bush’s summer retreat in Kennebunkport, Maine. They went on hunting trips together. Later, when Bush was out of the White House, he even tasked Bandar with teaching his eldest son – George W, then a presidential aspirant with no experience in international affairs – all about foreign policy.

After his presidency was over, Bush and a number of his former cabinet officers also began participating in the Carlyle Group, a giant private equity firm heavily funded by Saudi billionaires – including the Saudi family of Osama bin Laden. As I reported in House of Bush, House of Saud, in the end, nearly $1.5bn made its way from the Saudis to individuals and institutions tied to the extended family of Bush cabinet officials and associates."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-donald-trump

-CIA and Saudi Arabia Conspired to Keep 9/11 Details Secret: https://www.newsweek.com/cia-and-sau...k-says-1091935

In any case, it is OBVIOUS that there was a very large Saudi component to the attacks on 9/11.

However, we did not punish Saudi Arabia in any way after the attacks. Instead, we attacked Iraq. We went to great lengths to bullshit our way into the Iraq war as well: Weapons of Mass Destruction.

The whole mess reeks of conspiracy.

The same way the US is not just one big entity, Saudi Arabia consists of different factions (royal families with different agenda and objectives).

Documents from invesigation into 9/11 showed that members of Saudi Arabia's intelligence services facilitated arrival, stay and training of the attackers. But it doesn't mean the attack was a unified and concentrated mission by the whole Saudi Arabian government.

To make the above clearer, let's take American security services for instance; the CIA has undertaken lots of abhorrent missions in foreign countries that were unknown to the majority of top elected officials in the US government. Now when these things are revealed to the world, is it accurate to say America did it?

One more point which is worth mentioning is that another finding of the post 9/11 investigation was that other than the involvement of some elements within the Saudi security services, financial backing also came from the country - the Bin Laden family primarily.

Now considering all that, it is difficult to imagine the Saudi Arabian rulers were completely unaware of what was going on which leads me to believe they deliberately chose to ignore it as they probably saw future gains and opportunities to fish in the troubled waters in case the attack was successful.

Overall a good point OP, except 9/11 wasnt a "legit islamic terrorist attack"....It was a false flag perpetrated by Saudis with the support of Israel and the US govt.