Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: The funny thing is, Harden is getting away with OFFENSIVE fouls on his threes...

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: The funny thing is, Harden is getting away with OFFENSIVE fouls on his threes...

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    I'm not about to dissect this bullshit.

Harden steps back.

Defender enters the VACANT space to contest.

Harden dramatically throws himself back into the defender to save himself from his abysmal shot selection.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Never post again you bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    More like, this one:

VS

There is no way Harden could land on his own feet even if Green was not there, he clearly shoots his own feet forward to make sure he makes contact and falls down.
    LOOK at the end of that three.

F uck!

Harden deliberately throws his legs forward into Green.

F ucking disgusting!

Don't be surprised if Silver gives the order to start calling these to push the series for revenue.

The NBA is a f ucking joke.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Step back is his move. A jump shooter does not jump straight up and down on a shot, the natural shooting motion is that your momentum will carry you forward, hence the reason it is a tough shot to guard because the defender will anticipate the step back and not jump, but once the defender challenges the shot he will attempt to get a good contest which includes moving forward towards the shooters space.

It's one of the reasons Harden is hated, because he manipulates the rules to his advantage. The league has consistently given him the call all season long and through the first round, but suddenly the refs swallow their whistles.

All Harden is saying that if you made the call consistently over the year, why are you suddenly changing your mind? The Warriors are a talented team that does not need any help from the refs to win a game.
    If you apply these rules on shot attempts in the painted area, we've just turned basketball into a sport of hang time, and defensive fouls are only called when the player on offense turns his mind off of offensive rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Right, and the defender is now allowed to jump in a forward motion towards the offensive player?
    Do you know of the Reggie Miller rule?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    I'm not about to dissect this bullshit.

Harden steps back.

Defender enters the VACANT space to contest.

Harden dramatically throws himself back into the defender to save himself from his abysmal shot selection.

The end.
    this mutha****a literally jumps forward into the defender and has the audacity to complain

I just hope the refs and league don't bend to his tirade

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    this mutha****a literally jumps forward into the defender and has the audacity to complain

I just hope the refs and league don't bend to his tirade
    I think NBA will bend for revenue.

Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    You don't like facts?

I can't respect people like you that don't have an actual argument. At least people like KBlaze can admit that he hates the call but it should be a foul. He is stuck in the old the good ole days when things were physical and guards weren't given the freedom they are given today's game, but at least he can acknowledged that even though Harden is manipulating the game to his advantage, the call is still a legit call bases on today's standards? What do you hang your hat on besides just hate?
    Harden pushes the rules to the limits and isn't playing legit basketball by your average fan's standards. Doesn't matter if he's not breaking the rules, he's pushing them enough to the limits that it makes for shit basketball. No one else does this to the level he does, and therefore he is shit because of it.

NBA All-star

Do you know of the Reggie Miller rule?
    Is there a difference between stepping back and jumping forward, than invading defenders space and their opportunity to contest a shot

may as well tell me 3's are 2's and full court shots are the standard option

I'm not a fan of all this Harden controversy, but I would lean more to the fact that Harden has manipulated the rules to his favor, and that should bring up the saying "don't hate the player, hate the game". Right or Wrong, Moral or Not, Harden is trying to use every last letter of the rules to make him a more lethal player... as ugly as it can look at times I have a hard time faulting someone for that.

I'll admit a large % of his shots are funky like he's definitely trying to draw a foul, but to single out Harden here is ridiculous... most star players try to draw and do get favorable calls (or non calls) from the refs, you just notice it more with Harden because of his crazy usage rate (40% , next highest is 32%, ) . Giannis lowers his shoulder into his defender almost every time he goes to the basket and when he's met by strong resistance he usually takes 3-5 steps holding the ball to get all the way to the basket with NO travel call, it's just as annoying to watch as Hardens step back 3. Consistently bad no calls are just as annoying as crappy baited calls.

If anyone should be complaining about anything, people should be complaining about the overall inconsistency of the calls by refs league wide. I'm not sure I've watched a game all season where the same things were consistently being called on both ends of the floor. Also, WTF are the refs telling teams/players mid game that they missed a bunch calls... that would only make me more upset as a player, it's kind of hard to not dwell on it if the refs tell you mid game that they missed a bunch of calls that would have helped your team.
    Last edited by Phenith; 04-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.

More like, this one:

VS

There is no way Harden could land on his own feet even if Green was not there, he clearly shoots his own feet forward to make sure he makes contact and falls down.
    Thank you man, I was searching those gifs and finally saw someone posted it.

Dudes, can someone explain me why does not refs calling those pushes with elbow offensive fouls? Why?

Stalker killin these boys

He got 2 FTs for grabbing a defender's arm in Game 1...where's the outrage for that?

When is he going to realize that the refs won't give him the benefit of the doubt against the Warriors? If they're not calling your flops on the first 15 three-pointers, why do you expect them to change their mind on the 16th one?

Houston had four free throw attempts to 13 for Golden State at the half