Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Default Re: Ty Lawson to the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I was excited as **** about this trade. Just as excited as Mavs fans were when they traded for Rondo. I felt like THIS GUY was our missing piece and we'd finally climb over that hill we were so desperately trying to get over. Instead, we slipped and fell back all the way to the ground, landing head-first.

I'm so curious as to why he's been play like trash. I mean, that 2nd DUI can't affect your game that much... right? He went from an all-star caliber player to a ****ing borderline bench warmer. How does that even happen?!?!

I'd rather have Jeremy Lin than that drunken driving idiot.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    On top of all of that they have no real coach.
    There was nothing wrong with their old coach. I'm sorry, but they aren't going to do any better with any other coach and that team.

Kurt Helin @basketballtalk 3m
    Rumor: Houston seeing if there is trade market for Ty Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    You don't understand. Morey planned this all along.

Infact, Morey knew the team would be this bad and McHale would be fired at this point too. He's going to flip Ty Lawson for an amazing package that will fix all chemistry issues and propel the Rockets to the first seed. Because he's the trade master.

The rest of the league is playing checkers. Morey's playing chess.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    There was nothing wrong with their old coach. I'm sorry, but they aren't going to do any better with any other coach and that team.

Sure but they don't have one now. That's my point.

God, the Rockets are so ass.

I was excited as **** about this trade. Just as excited as Mavs fans were when they traded for Rondo. I felt like THIS GUY was our missing piece and we'd finally climb over that hill we were so desperately trying to get over. Instead, we slipped and fell back all the way to the ground, landing head-first.

I'm so curious as to why he's been play like trash. I mean, that 2nd DUI can't affect your game that much... right? He went from an all-star caliber player to a ****ing borderline bench warmer. How does that even happen?!?!
    You can thank Morey's analytics on this.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    You can thank Morey's analytics on this.
    A bad defensive perimeter player who struggles to shoot from downtown isn't a traditional "analytics" player. Houston re-signing Brewer to a guaranteed, 3-year deal was a worse decision than flipping a pick + filler for a guy on an expiring deal imo.

Morey gambled that by trading 0 core rotation players and a pick for a guy who was supposed to fill one of their glaring weaknesses (non-Harden offensive initiator) that they could be a legit top 3 team in the league. They expected that pick to be in the 25-30 range.

One problem that Morey has with this team is that they jack up a ton of 3s when they have few guys who are great 3-point shooters. They're too predictable since everything now is predicated on a Harden PnR or isolation. It's a whole lot easier to stop that play when nobody is hitting outside shots. They need to get healthy and consistently clicking, fast.

Good High School Starter

and to think this moron was running his mouth about Steph in the playoffs.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Good time for the Wolves to drop Rubio if they're in fear of his injuries lasting the rest of his career. We could be creating a contender for the Rockets though if that happened. Rubio would make them so much better than the mess they are right now.