Go Spurs Go

Default Pretty sure I have a torn rotator cuff...

was off and on the last few years, but within the last 9 months its been bad..

if i go hard for a board or block, or have to fight for a steal or rebound, i feel a sharp disconnect in my shoulder and ALOT of pain lol..

it sucks i cant go 100% anymore in pickup games.. cant even go 80% lol..

sometimes ill rest a few weeks and the pain is gone, but all it takes is one bad bump or loose balll and im in pain.

what yall think? anyone else experience this?.. anyone got some natural remedies or herbal supplement suggestions? cant afford surgery at the moment lol

probably just gonna stop playing

BEAST

Default Re: Pretty sure I have a torn rotator cuff...

look up a guy name Kobe Bryant, i think he will have some great advice for you

also if you ever tear your acl, you can look up a guy named Derrick Rose , im sure he got some great advice for you too

jokes aside, if it's that bad, i think you need to go see a doctor period. you are not going to fix something that bad yourself, get it treated properly.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

go see a physical therapist. you're nuts if you think surgery is your best first option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    was off and on the last few years, but within the last 9 months its been bad..

if i go hard for a board or block, or have to fight for a steal or rebound, i feel a sharp disconnect in my shoulder and ALOT of pain lol..

it sucks i cant go 100% anymore in pickup games.. cant even go 80% lol..

sometimes ill rest a few weeks and the pain is gone, but all it takes is one bad bump or loose balll and im in pain.

what yall think? anyone else experience this?.. anyone got some natural remedies or herbal supplement suggestions? cant afford surgery at the moment lol

probably just gonna stop playing
    most rotator cuff injuries can be treated without surgery if you're a relatively healthy person otherwise. Go see a physio, even if only once, and see what sort of exercises they give you/what muscles need strengthening more specifically

Serious playground baller

It depends on how bad the tear is. I have two partially torn rotator cuffs and I almost completely ruptured my right pec (how I found out about the rotators) a little over a year ago. When I ruptured my pec the doctor said the suture would not be as strong as the scar tissue.

If you can retain your range of motion you should be able to rehab it. I have full range of motion but my rotators flair up a good bit and I can't do any overhead lifts.

any latest update on your injury??

OP could definitely be a torn labrum. I had/have one. 99% of the time it's OK, but if you get it "just right" it's like someone slammed an icepick into your shoulder joint right and you feel as if your shoulder is about to come out of the socket for a quick second?

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    OP could definitely be a torn labrum. I had/have one. 99% of the time it's OK, but if you get it "just right" it's like someone slammed an icepick into your shoulder joint right and you feel as if your shoulder is about to come out of the socket for a quick second?

yea bro that split second is insane pain.. interesting.. how did you fix yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    yea bro that split second is insane pain.. interesting.. how did you fix yours?

Sry for late reply... my doc prescribed physical therapy. Said the surgery option was there if I wanted it. The physical therapy helped, but unfortunately once in a while I still get that pain. doc said it's not gonna heal on it's own ever unless I undergo surgery, but since the injury is not debilitating in everyday life (mostly only during ball or certain lifts at the gym) It's not a necessary surgery.

I'd recommend you talk to your doc and definitely try out physical therapy.

Any latest update to your injuries??
    Last edited by Lebron23; 05-09-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Any latest update to your injuries??
    Might have herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Might have herpes.