Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant the greatest player of his generation (according to his peers and expert

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    But that's because you haven't applied yourself.....meh....Haters gnna hate...

to the very small %...there's always one

Damn, posting a pic of TD getting dunked on really exposes my argument.

I can't see how I possibly thought Duncan was better than Kobe now. You've really opened my eyes. And it's all thanks to that picture.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant the greatest player of his generation (according to his peers and expert

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Damn, posting a pic of TD getting dunked on really exposes my argument.

I can't see how I possibly thought Duncan was better than Kobe now. You've really opened my eyes. And it's all thanks to that picture.

Don't get your panties in a bunch...it had nothing to do with proving anything,

all I was saying was ...I respect your shiest y opinion(as bad as it is, I'm glad only the sh!tbirds share it).....look at the pic and read...I aint Mad atchya.....

He wasn't even the best player on 3 of his 5 championship teams

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Don't get your panties in a bunch...it had nothing to do with proving anything,

all I was saying was ...I respect your shiest y opinion(as bad as it is, I'm glad only the sh!tbirds share it).....look at the pic and read...I aint Mad atchya.....

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    2006-07-Dirk was better, so was Duncan.
    2007-08-The year he won MVP. CP3 and LeBron were both better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    when you the #1 option in the 4th quarter and the best skilled player in the NBA then you mean more to the team then a Big Man with no game past the 3' from the hoop....

by far the best allaround player in the NBA...and it aint even close.

next

If Alphawolf wasn't a troll, I wouldn't come in this thread arguing. He is a troll, though so me and a few others are going to **** with him.

I aint Mad atchya Homez.... ..It's all sauce.....

I'm making $ off you right now...

keep it bumpin

next

ThaSwagg3r

Edit out LeBron then, since I assume that's why you're laughing. The rest of that is still valid.
    ..not even close.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You could say it was both he and Shaq that were the best players on that team. They both averaged 28 points a game in the 2000-01 season and both averaged 30 points a game in the playoffs. IMO those two as a duo were the reason they won 3 straight. Shaq wouldn't have won w/o Kobe and Kobe wouldn't have won w/o Shaq

I would definitely argue that. I don't think he's ever been the best all-around, even if he has been the best some years.

again , i aint talking bout you or a very very very small percentage of online fans....

I'm talking about his peers and expert coaches....

You just a nat on the grill of my E7 carbon motors concept son..

ThaSwagg3r

Yes it is. Didn't all CP3's peers (including Kobe, but I could be wrong) say he deserved the MVP that year? And Dirk deserved his MVP, unless you wanna go with Duncan.
    No I don't remember that at all. I am pretty sure more people said Kobe should have been the MVP after all the race was won by a landslide by him anyways.

Chris Paul got eliminated by the Spurs in 7 while Kobe dominated the Spurs in 5 and averaged 30+ ppg with 50+% shooting.

Dirk? I am seriously not even going to bother if you think he was better that season. You can just look at his post-season failure to look no further, of course you being a LeBron fan post-season doesn't mean jack to you.

when you the #1 option in the 4th quarter and the best skilled player in the NBA then you mean more to the team then a Big Man with no game past the 3' from the hoop....

First things first, Kobe didn't even win the last two championships as a leader of the team. Fisher was the leader and Pau Gasol was the most responsible for the Lakers wining two championships. Kobe was able to capitalize on having another dominant big man(since Shaq). The lakers record before Fisher and Pau Gasol made an entrance into Staples was 121-125, they weren't even a playoff team with that record, but when Fisher returned to the Lakers, they were 29-16, AND when Gasol came through, their record was 28-9 and HE was responsible for the Lakers getting past the first round in 2010, not Kobe. Prior to this past season, in two seasons and 37 games, the Lakers' record since they have acquired Pau Gasol is 138-45. PG is the most important piece of this Lakers team. People keep implying that Kobe was primarily responsible for the Lakers winning 65 games, which is TOTALLY wrong.

When Pau Gasol didn't show up = Lakers swept in the first round...When he shows up = title

2EZ

ThaSwagg3r

Funny, I thought they voted on MVP before the playoffs started.
    What are you trying to say right now? Yeah Dirk was the MVP but he wasn't the best player that season. It doesn't always correlate.....learn to comprehend idiot.

Good High School Starter

Shaq was clearly better. Not saying he was a lot better, but it was obvious who the better player was at that time.
    Good point but like the dude who stated above me, the Lakers would rely on Kobe in the 4th quarter to close out their games. I honestly don't see them winning those championships without one another. You can't disagree with me on that.

Shaq was clearly better. Not saying he was a lot better, but it was obvious who the better player was at that time.

Nope, ESPN , Phil Jackson , Shaq , SI , Slam ,Tim Duncan , Coach Pop , Magic , Bird and John Wooden all said Kobe was the best allaround player as early as 2001....

you just a very very very small % of haters online..