Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Josh Childress to Greece? Has offer for 3 years, $20 million

a greek team? wtf? Why would he do this?

the chances are better than "50-50" that childress would do this according to a yahoo sports article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Default Re: Josh Childress reportedly close to signing 3 year 20 million dollar deal with

wtf?

McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Josh Childress reportedly close to signing 3 year 20 million dollar deal with

Wow! I'm shocked...

I guess nowadays if you're a slightly above average player, overseas is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    I guess nowadays if you're a slightly above average player, overseas is the way to go.
    isn't AP parker going also from the Raptors? i heard he was

He wouldve gotten pennies compared to what he can get overseas. Seems like its becoming a trend now. Delfino is making bank too.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    nope. He's under contract. There was a rumor. But nothing to it so far. Maybe it's after he's done his contract, which could lead to some tampering charges.

and I would strongly consider this deal from Josh Childress perspective, mostly because I don't want him to return to the hawks, or stay anywhere near the Eastern Conference. Him and his shot...

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    It's possible. The Greek team Olympiakos are offering him a 3 year 24 mill contract. Apparently they've got some major money to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    It's possible. The Greek team Olympiakos are offering him a 3 year 24 mill contract. Apparently they've got some major money to burn.
    yeah sh!t they are making serious offers

Sooner or later a star player will take a deal overseas and change the whole climate of professional basetballs.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Sooner or later a star player will take a deal overseas and change the whole climate of professional basetballs.
    I hope so. Then we wont be forced to watch what some people think is "fixed" or "highly influenced" basketball games. Gives people a option.

It might be time for the NBA to raise the salary cap drastically to prevent these guys from going overseas.

It's ridiculous how top Euro clubs are offering huge deals to NBA role players.

JC Navarro with a $20 mil/4 year deal
    Delfino with a $11 mil/3 year
    Parker offered $24 mil/3 year
    Scola offered some huge deal and now Childress.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    It might be time for the NBA to raise the salary cap drastically to prevent these guys from going overseas.
    yes please and so the warriors can net another FA

i may be in the minority but i like the fact american players are bouncing overseas. it just makes the game more universal, cuz a lot of us will be interested to see how he does, so we'll get to know more players, appreciate how much the game has grown, and also get an idea of how different leagues world wide compare to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    i may be in the minority but i like the fact american players are bouncing overseas. it just makes the game more universal, cuz a lot of us will be interested to see how he does, so we'll get to know more players, appreciate how much the game has grown, and also get an idea of how different leagues world wide compare to each other.

We also wont be forced to watch a league because its the only league with legit players.